Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Teens Involved in Drug Net by Surfing the Web
    #3432539 - 12/01/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=2627550

VIDEO

Teens Involved in Drug Net by Surfing the Web

11/30/04- The lure of illegal drugs seems to be everywhere our children look, even online. The web is not only a resource to buy drugs, it also gives instructions on how to make them.

"Paul," teen: "Meth, mushroom spores, marijuana seeds, actual plants, Thai sticks, anything."

That's just the short list of items a 17 year old says he's seen offered online.

"Paul": "It kind of blew my mind seeing all these sites."

We'll call the teen Paul. He's agreed to share his story only if his identity was obscured. He's now in recovery, but getting high used to occupy much of Paul's life. He used sites to learn how to grow and improve marijuana.

"Paul": "L ike put certain chemicals on the plant while it's growing. It will make it more powerful and potent when it matures."

And he's not alone. Another teen, we'll call Troy, says his drug of choice was ecstasy. Now in recovery and back in school, Troy is coming to grips with his addiction to ecstasy and marijuana. He says the websites even offer advice as to how to make drugs out of household chemicals.

"Troy": "You can pretty much find anything on the internet.anything you want. W hen I ordered them, they didn't ask my age or ask me any questions."

There were no questions asked when "Jason" bought hallucinogenic mushroom spores on one site. He grew the mushrooms at home without his parents ever suspecting a thing. He even had a tidy business selling them. That's until he got busted.

"Jason": "I 'm basically talking because it's just letting you know how easy it is, and I mean, it may be easy, but I've gotten in a lot of trouble because of all of this."

Detective Tim Gill with the Tri-County Narcotics Team says many of these sites,with cartoon images and chat rooms, tend to market to young people. What alarms him the most is that once teens enter the site, they're never sure of the source of the information, o r whether it's correct.

Tim Gill: "They think they're getting the good stuff, that's bad for them too."

As for shutting down the sites, Gill says can be a tough job. Many of the sites are located outside of the countryand law enforcement agencies have few resources to police them. Even current US law prevents many of these sites from being shut down in the first place.

Tim Gill: "With freedom of speech, there's nothing to keep people from providing that information. It's what you do with it."

That's why Gill says it's important for parents to be aware of what kids are doing when they're online. It's a sentiment echoed by teens, like Paul, who became involved with online drug activity.

"Paul": "Y hey are hurtful more than anything else. You go in there with a little addiction, and by the time you are off the internet, you can find ways to make it 10 times worse."

If you are a parent who wants to know more about where your child has been surfing on the web,here's some ideas. There are many sites, such as Net Nanny and Cyber Sitter, which have tools you can download. They look for key words and then filter out websites containing them. Cyber Sitter even keeps a list of sites your child is navigating and then sends parents email with their activity online.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Teens Involved in Drug Net by Surfing the Web [Re: motaman]
    #3432736 - 12/01/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Those damn kids and their internets.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3432765 - 12/01/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I got a weird feeling while reading that.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Teens Involved in Drug Net by Surfing the Web [Re: MOTH]
    #3432820 - 12/01/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i hear there's rumors on the internets

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3434074 - 12/01/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

As for shutting down the sites, Gill says can be a tough job. Many of the sites are located outside of the countryand law enforcement agencies have few resources to police them. Even current US law prevents many of these sites from being shut down in the first place.

Tim Gill: "With freedom of speech, there's nothing to keep people from providing that information. It's what you do with it."

Haha, that's right fuckers. Information will be free.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Adamist]
    #3434503 - 12/01/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Anonymous

#3434646 - 12/01/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The lure of illegal drugs seems to be everywhere our children look

Oh no, not the children!

Yet another media coward taking advantage of children by using their innocence as a shield to protect her own sensationalist lies and righteous moral attitudes.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3436319 - 12/02/04 07:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hmm... I don't know where those kids are looking but i've never seen a site that sells meth, xtc or weed :shocked:

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3436571 - 12/02/04 09:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

oh well, the DEA site itself teaches how to isolate scheduled chemicals.
the snake is biting it's own tail...

FH

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3440317 - 12/02/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Article brought to You by Net Nanny? and Cybersitter?

--------------------

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #3461313 - 12/07/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Dumbasses cant handle drugs but they have to learn it the hard way and after its the fault of the shrooms or the web sites. Thats sad.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Teens Involved in Drug Net by Surfing the Web [Re: Gus]
    #3465075 - 12/08/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

And no age was checked, no wait, it was checked, when an anonymous surfer, lets call him Twirling, took mushrooms and changed his perspective. He is now in recovery by going to college and accomplishing what's possible in life. Because of the use of psychedelics, he sees through the mass hype.

"These adults today, they're wiser, more educated. They don't buy into the bullshit." he was quoted as saying. "Plus, they know how to get reaalllly fucking high."

Seriously, where are all the positive news stories? I hate to sound like a Bill Hicks album, but it's really tiring to see this garbage. Drugs out of household chemicals? Wouldn?t that just lead teenagers who read this article to search that out? The press is so completely ignorant to how their ?news? backfires to what they intend. It's really irresponsible to both the positive side of the drug community (which I'm sure they're not even aware of) and to teenagers who are looking for anything to get high.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Teens Involved in Drug Net by Surfing the Web [Re: derx]
    #3476180 - 12/10/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what the hell is the internet?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Teens Involved in Drug Net by Surfing the Web [Re: Twirling]
    #3477107 - 12/10/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think they are ignorant about it.

I think they are making more news for themselves.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Teens Involved in Drug Net by Surfing the Web [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3499650 - 12/14/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

drgonz said:
Quote:

"Paul," teen: "Meth, mushroom spores, marijuana seeds, actual plants, Thai sticks, anything."

Thai sticks? Damn hook me up!

By the way I'm a fucking Dean's list school at my college, and I've been smoking pot heavily since before I started. So all these dipshits who look down upon us can eat my asshole.

I say fuckin' eh to that man, I'm 3rd year aerospace engineering and I smoke weed and eat shrooms whenever possible.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals