Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFfF
Stranger
blue/green aborts and... chocolate
    #3431672 - 12/01/04 06:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hi to all and thanks for your help (the results of which you can see at the pic :grin: ).
1. i'showing at the pic some blue/green mushrooms. i have lots of these on 3 equadorian cakes. they are green/blue from when they appear as pins and they turn to be aborts. i want to ask if it is usual for an abort to have this colour on its stem except from the black cap. it is safe to eat, isn't it? could they be contaminated or something?
2. i've started to dry and i want somebody to confirm , comment this... if i
-fan dry the mushrooms,
-put in a desiccant chamber for 2-3 days,
-make them fine powder,
-put them in chocolate (the one without sugar and milk),
-preserve the chocolate in tin foil and in an air tight container in the freezer
will the chocolate last for 3-4 months? i 've read that preserving in chocolate is a good method of long term preservation but nowhere i could find how long in months.
thank you in advance. i've reached so far thanks to your replies to my noobie questions. keep on :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: blue/green aborts and... chocolate [Re: FfF]
    #3431686 - 12/01/04 06:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the blue/green is probably the psilocin/psilocybin oxidizing, normal occurance. if they don't seem moldy, eat and enjoy.

my long term storage is using a food dehydrator to dry them out (no heating element) then putting them in the coffee grinder and putting them in spare jars. a little silica gel pack from a shoebox keeps the moisture out. :smile:

i don't know about chocolate, i don't really like to put mine in chocolate. they are wonderful sprinkled on top of spaghetti, though.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinedjred

Re: blue/green aborts and... chocolate [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3431726 - 12/01/04 07:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ooh pasta and shrooms..yeah baby..

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: blue/green aborts and... chocolate [Re: djred]
    #3431768 - 12/01/04 07:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

do u sprinkle the powder, zero?

eat those things up, and nice cakes; i wanna try EQ's now...

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineFfF
Stranger
Re: blue/green aborts and... chocolate [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3432538 - 12/01/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i've already harvested some of these aborts (from 1 cake). thanks for your help...
but what about the chocolate's preservation?

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3432554 - 12/01/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Is grinding the shrooms really best for long term preservation? The psychoactives don't experience any damage from this?

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: blue/green aborts and... chocolate [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3432846 - 12/01/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

grinding would be a physical change, not chemical.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

OfflineFfF
Stranger
Re: blue/green aborts and... chocolate [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3433616 - 12/01/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

no one have an opinion about the long term preservation of mushroom dried powder in chocolate (and in freezer)? i've read many prefer their mushrooms this way..

OfflineFfF
Stranger
    #3438946 - 12/02/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

sorry for insisting on the preservation of chocolates, i understand that maybe no one would prefer this method for long term preservation. but if i hear some pisitive opinions i 'd like to do this job tomorrow so really i want very much to clear this...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate