Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedr_skipper
Amazons not growning..
    #342981 - 06/17/01 06:16 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, I'm new to this and am hiving some great success so far. I'm growing both Ecuador and Amazons. My Equador's are progressing nicely, the jars are almost fully white after 12days. The Amazons are not doing well at all though. After 5 days these was still no sign of growth so I re-injected them with more Amazon spores from a different syringe just in case the first were bad. It's been 12 days now and there is still no sign of growth. Is there a different technique needed for Amazons? Can I inject the jars with Equdor and grom them instead (so I don't waste them at least).

Thanks!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezetek
enthusiast

Loc: United States
Re: Amazons not growning.. [Re: dr_skipper]
    #343019 - 06/17/01 08:00 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Where did you get the spores and how old are they? I grew out spores on 6 agar plates recently; 3 plates with 1year-old + spores (SA from SporeChicks) and 3 plates with a younger print that I produced from a flush of the older generation. The old spores took about twice as long to germinate (as determined by the naked eye...say 6 days vs. 3) but they did grow and produced good mycelium that I used to innoculate rye with...

Support the Free Spore Ring!
go.to/FreeSporeRing

OfflineMattyB
enthusiast
Re: Amazons not growning.. [Re: dr_skipper]
    #343192 - 06/17/01 11:55 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

It's possible the Amazon spores were old...at least that's what it sounds like since you're having no problems with your Ecuador jars. They may have been exposed to heat, or it could even be a problem with your substrate. If the Amazons still don't grow, you may want to contact the person/spore vendor from whom you got the spores. If you have another Amazon syringe or spore print, give it another try and see what happens. Just follow the tek you've chosen word for word and pay attention to all details, making sure to keep all conditions sterile.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures