Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum?
    #3427038 - 11/30/04 08:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is to answer a question my Fucknuckle and to open this dialog.

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
TO everone else............
I have noticed that Christian beliefs are much attacked here

I think it is funny and sad at the same time

God has prepared me for this but sometimes you guys just get me somewhat wound up.

Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum?

I can tell you why but, most of you would not believe it.

Man there are so many reasons why, I am not sure where to start. Yes I am, I will first say that this is not an attack on you. This is only meant to open this dialog! Secondly I will say I am not Christian but I have read the bible.

I think the #1 reason is that Christians rarely take the time to understand there own book before they begin to attack all other religious work as the work of evil.
They often feel that they and they alone know what gods plan is and never believe that some things are done for reasons that they can not and will not understand. This often makes them come across as arrogant.
Most Christians ostracize and condemn those they believe to be sinners whether gay, Muslim, adulterer, or murder. Never understanding the true meaning of God
1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

They often never realize that casting these stones of hatred is what there "Son of God" was speaking about in
John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

They often feel insulted when people do not listen to what they have to say or offer alternate opinions as to will of god. This in turn leads them to insult the other persons religious beliefs by saying such things as "How can you not accept Christ and thus condemn your self to hell?"
1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

You your self say "God has prepared me for this but sometimes you guys just get me somewhat wound up." The question is do you really know what God has prepared you for?

Most Christians take persecution as something that is wrong and get upset and offended by it. You must remember

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Cyber]
    #3427105 - 11/30/04 09:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

IMO and exp most Christians are the worst about breaking the golden rule ...
"Leave the judging to GOD" . They love telling others how they are going to hell for not worshipping properly ... the way they do ! Unfortunately many other religions are following these foot steps and sicken me to no end .

I was created in the image of a GOD ... a God I shall become !

If it makes you feel all warm and cozy then do not question the pursecution ... see it as a test of faith , and God works in mysterious ways to test you constantly !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3427164 - 11/30/04 09:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The reason why I denounce christian beliefs and people is because I've grown up in a society full of them. I'm sure if I grew up in a muslim, or jewish, or buddhist society I'd denounce them just the same as I do christianity. That said, another reason why I do it is because I just can't make my mind use the same logic or reasoning that a religious person does. It just doesn't make sense to me and never will. But with so many religious people doing so many stupid, wrong, and immoral things, it's kinda hard not to be pissed of at their ignorance.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Cyber]
    #3427275 - 11/30/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Christianity is the most pervasive and influential religion in Western society. Of course it's going to be one of the most discussed in any context.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Phluck]
    #3427318 - 11/30/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i have been mostly "inspected and denounced" on this forum & i don't even know exactly what that means...
:wink:

"why is ever'body always pickin' on me?"
(damned secular humanist atheists gonna get theirs come judgement day, praise the lord...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3427383 - 11/30/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you got something
the crusaders, both christian and muslim
have intense ridicule of the infidel - unbeliever or other believer.
so intense as to justify murder and inquisition in any order.

I believe it is happenning now again. so criticize away!

I also have criticized the isolationism of being 100% kosher but I understand it as a personal practice and it is not discriminatory against races or people, just diet.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3427803 - 11/30/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

At Thanksgiving dinner, there was me, my mom (Marian), my daughter, her husband, and her husband's mother (Bonnie) and father (Art). Bonnie and Art are in their 60s. They are agnostic, I guess.

My mom, being the Christian that she is, told Bonnie that she was going to go to hell unless she believed in God. She said that she was there to help Bonnie accept Jesus so that Bonnie could go to heaven, too.

I think this is one of the reasons that Christians are reviled. Instead of merely discussing her beliefs and why she believes the way she does, my mom turns it into telling people that she has to save them so they won't go to hell. Not everyone believes in God, nor wants to, and if they don't believe in God, why would the idea of hell scare them into believing in God? And it makes Christians appear to be smug.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Frog]
    #3428212 - 11/30/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Pretty much everyone cleared it up.

Who ISNT sick of christians telling us "sinners" that we are going to suffer eternally after this life if we dont accept their God.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Frog]
    #3428809 - 11/30/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You touch on the key point: Christians are bashed most around here because Christians are the people that have been negatively effecting our lives and freedoms.

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3429138 - 11/30/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3429161 - 11/30/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Close-minded fundamentalist Christianity is a serious threat to the flowering of cosmic-consciousness and is a very hard brainwashing-dogma to 'wake up' from.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3429251 - 11/30/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Christians are an easy target because there are so many of them it is easy to find the hippocrites in the bunch.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3429339 - 11/30/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not everyone believes in God, nor wants to, and if they don't believe in God, why would the idea of hell scare them into believing in God?

GR8 point Froggie, i myself being a recent convert to Chistianity based solely on personal experience, why so indeed  :confused:

Not believeing in hell and eternal damnation doen't make it any less real  :wink:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3429455 - 11/30/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think its because Christianity has become more of a pop-culture phenomenon (The Passion anyone?)...and it has become something for un-actualized people to psychologically cling to so they can justify their apathy and unwillingness to change and accept personal responsibility.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Catalysis]
    #3429508 - 11/30/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This forum is a tool of da devil, Bobby Bouche!

Christians arent very flexible in their ideology, and generally people with open and flexible minds arent receptive towards most of the bibles teachings.

Not saying the bible is worthless, just much of it is.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (11/30/04 07:06 PM)

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3429668 - 11/30/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In respect to this forum, of course Christians will be the most "inspected" due to the nature of this site. Most of us here on this forum have thought out our belief systems very carefully according to our individual consciences.

Most Christians seem to want to run other people's lives and we don't like that.

We have no interest in telling our neighbor how he should live his life as long as he doesn't harm anyone. We demand the freedom to live our lives as we see fit so we accord others the right to do the same! Mutual respect and tolerance are soooo much needed in the world- two things Christians are not noted for.

I think also that many of us view the Bible as being a good, but imperfect book of truth. We take what we can from it, separating the wheat from the chaff using the light of the mind God gave us. Many Christians seem unwilling to question any aspect of their faiths and to me this actually shows a lack of faith. If your beliefs are sound they will withstand scrutiny; If they aren't, why in the world are you keeping them??

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Jellric]
    #3429791 - 11/30/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
Many Christians seem unwilling to question any aspect of their faiths and to me this actually shows a lack of faith. If your beliefs are sound they will withstand scrutiny; If they aren't, why in the world are you keeping them??

:thumbup:

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3430372 - 11/30/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Christians are an easy target because there are so many of them it is easy to find the hippocrites in the bunch.

I agree, I don't think its right to do so, everyone claims to be so "open-minded" in comparison, however they're being stereotypical. I can only speak from my experiences, but most of the christians I have known are some of the most caring, open, and accepting people. Not to say that they all are, but just that many that I know are. I am from a catholic family and they have done nothing but been accepting of myself as well as some of my ideals that differ from traditional beliefs. I don't necessarily agree with the religion entirely but I feel it has some good teachings. Don't get me wrong though, I am in no way religious. However nobody has ever told me I needed saving or my ideas were wrong. I have discussed philosophy with individuals more into their faith and they haven't been one-sided arguments. Although maybe in general the group is that way, I don't know. I can't say, I can only say what I have experienced and I guess it could be considered less extreme religion.

Edited by relativexistance (11/30/04 10:39 PM)

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3430440 - 11/30/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If Christians are the most denounced and lamented group of religious individuals...

Then what group of religious folks are on the opposite end of the spectrum?
Who is the most favored or least disliked, and why?
Taoists? Buddhists?

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3430585 - 11/30/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It seems to me that christianity was invented my a city council or something somewhere along the lines to control people by making them believe if they didn't do good things they are going to hell. I think that this eventually got turned into the bible. IMO the bible is scary bedtime stories that some people grow up with their whole lives and are smart enough to realize the only way a rambunctous little youngin is gonna be good is if he thinks he will rot in hell. I don't see how such a loving god that gave us this gift of life could condemn anyone to an eternity of suffering and hatred. IMO christians are just scared people that think their lives in a gods hands not theirs.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom