Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDastoner
n00b

Loc: NORTHWEST, USA
Your largest dose?
    #3426139 - 11/30/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I am sure we have all heard that you have to eat about your own body weight in mushrooms to die. I have always wondered if there was truth to this. Just curious about how much you guys have dosed off. Anyone over 20 grams dried ?

My max dose is about 8 Grams dried Cubensis, or 4 Grams dried Panelous Cyaneas. :thumbup:

--------------------
-------------------------------
I hope this post Helped you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Dastoner]
    #3426355 - 11/30/04 01:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

there was a thread on this a while ago

after about an ounce epileptic seizures start to happen

--------------------

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #3426383 - 11/30/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

7g cubensis here... though I had a trip off 5g that was stronger than the 7g.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: the free thinker]
    #3426407 - 11/30/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the largest i had was 8-9 grams. though i never find it necesarry to eat more than 3-5g. i only shroom once every 2 monthes, so the 3-5g always delivers a remarkable evening. i find that meditation, mood, and setting can make a small dosage of mushrooms pretty powerful.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3426760 - 11/30/04 04:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

12 dried grams.

Oh my! Very confusing, there/not there, never really there, never really real, real? Never ever? NEVER AGAIN  :thumbup:

Seriously, it was an immense carnival of sight & sound but I have had more profound trips on 1/25 this amount (you heard me: 0.5gr dried)

Like Stamets said:

"There comes a point of diminishing returns: More is not always better."

I'm sorry but the "must eat your own bodyweight of mushrooms to die" is horsie.
People with a lowered convulsive threshold are known to burst into seizures in normal doses, under and over one-eighth. Do a sitewide search.

Now all of us have a convulsive treshold, so there is a dose for all of us that is not all that high which will make you burst into seizures. If the convulsive treshold is passed far enough chemically people get into the realm of Status Epilepticus and severe Clonic Convulsions. In the former case you get seizure after seizure after seizure until you are braindamaged or die of exhaustion, and in the latter case the spasms make bones and tendons pop and muscles tear while tossing your body around like The Exorcist.
No animal is as prone to seizures as the human, but then again our nervous system is very developed.

This need not happen but the fact that some Shroomery members had to quit shrooms because of convulsions is pretty alarming.
Then it is not known what a kind of shroom exactly contains.
A bit of poison goes a long way if you slap back multiple eighths like M&Ms on a regular basis.
{i]Less is More!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Asante]
    #3426785 - 11/30/04 04:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Any links about Psilocybin Mushrooms and Status Epilepticus or Clonic Convulsions?

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #3426838 - 11/30/04 05:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
there was a thread on this a while ago

after about an ounce epileptic seizures start to happen

1 OZ = about 28 grams, right? I know I've eaten more than 28 grams dry shrooms in one sitting. The problem becomes ingesting that much. It's hard to get down. Best way to do it is to powder them and mix them in a drink. I don't think this info on the threshold for seizures is correct. However, if you could provide a link to back that up I could be convinced otherwise. I just know that I haven't had seizures at that level. I do get pretty immobile- muscles lock up, can't talk, etc.

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Supernova]
    #3426893 - 11/30/04 06:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

11 dried grams but it was split over a period of 5 hours.

2.5 initial, 2 hours later another 3.5, 2 hours later another 5.

I just did this on Saturday. :lol:

It was amazing. :thumbup:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Silven]
    #3426905 - 11/30/04 06:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Silven I bet you were up all night. When I spread out a trip like that it seems to last forever and despite what's been said elsewhere consuming those larger doses later increases the intensity. You're just better able to cope with it. JMO

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #3426914 - 11/30/04 06:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

6g dry cubensis or 35grams fresh copelandias.
the copes dose resulted in a death and rebirth exp.5 hours of gyrating, convulsing ego loss and extreme regression+remembrance.my girlfriend at the time babysat me and she thought i had lost my mind. the cubes dose was an attempt to reach the copes level but i puked 1hour into it so i didn't get the full fx.5 grams dry is all i can hold down and this results in a trip almost like the cope trip.it all depends on your recent drug use.if you've been doing a lot of shit it's gonna take more shit to get you where you want to go.
3.5g is my standard dose

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

OfflineDastoner
n00b

Loc: NORTHWEST, USA
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #3427434 - 11/30/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Lots of nice information :smile: cool  :thumbup:

--------------------
-------------------------------
I hope this post Helped you.

Edited by Dastoner (11/30/04 11:13 AM)

OfflineLysergic_1968
Ego-killer
Loc: The Seventh Circle of Hel...
    #3427602 - 11/30/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

my biggest dose is somewhere between 7 and 10 grams dried PRIME cubensis (to this day i truly dont know the exact dosage, you can prolly take a guess why). it was THE MOST terrifying experience of my life. im not talking i was "afraid" or "freaked out," im talking my entire being was gripped by unavoidable PRIMAL, INSTINCTUAL, and PHYSIOLOGICAL FEAR. fear at its basest, most intense, and PUREST form. ive had guns pointed at me in anger, been in high speed car crashes, fallen from high places onto hard ground, NONE of these things frightened me to even a fraction of what i felt on that trip. i hesitate to even call it a trip, it was an explosion of everything primal and horrible inside my psyche, it was a voyage to my own perception of hell, even though i dont believe in any traditional concept of god or religion. the ONLY things i knew were fear, confusion, sadness, actual physical pain, discomfort, and despair. hope was gone, suicide was meaningless, i had "broken the world" by eating too many mushrooms. i did not know i had eaten mushrooms for most of the time, i was simply in a hellish post-apocalyptic alternate reality designed for the soul purpose of containing my tortured psyche and soul for all of eternity. "time dilation" is only a fucking word, i was there for all of eternity, since the beginning of time and till the end of it. my "real" life (family, friends, happiness) were DISTANT memories that were completely irrelevant and brought me LITTLE if any comfort. there were only "visuals" for the first 15 minutes (after which i promptly lost my ego for a good 30 minutes), after that the entire world was replaced by a single hallucination. peoples eyes were ALL black and curved back into their head demonically. they talked in "tongues" with forked snake tongues. i heard demonic sounding whispering throughout the experience. the laws of physics did not apply, people walked on ceilings, sideways out doors on the walls. i fell to the ground but it did not stop me, i fell into a black void and flailed through the abyss until i fell apart into nothingness. i reassembled at random places and times, memories throughout my life, memories that i can only assume were other peoples. i lived every life of every person thats ever existed, i felt every single being in the universe. there were parts that were beautiful, but the overall experience was my very being put through a meat grinder, then vaporized and blasted over the entire plane of existence that is this universe. 8 hours after ingesting the blue guys (in our human time scale) i lay on my bed and watched my clock (which i had been unable to read for the duration) "dial" back into numbers that i could somewhat read/understand. i called a friend out of the blue, and made enough of a connection to what we call reality to pull myself out of the mind loop i had been on for atleast the last 2 hours (which had been all of eternity) and realize that i was going to be okay. i sat there, in complete awe and utter disbelief that i was alive. i knew i had just been through something that my had pushed my brain to its limit, i had been to place few ever see or come away from with an intact sanity. i sat up from my bed, walked across the room, and picked up a sharpie marker. i walked to my door, drew a huge mushroom on it, feeling power, fear, and ultimately RESPECT surge through me as i did it. then, i wrote the words "RESPECT THE FUNGUS OR IT WILL MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN" and walked out of the room into the open arms of the new day, the sun shining through the windows. i was ALIVE and i was READY

--------------------
"Turn on, tune in, drop out." --Dr. Timothy Leary

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Lysergic_1968]
    #3427759 - 11/30/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

where is supernova for this thread? he owns all of us..

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3427900 - 11/30/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

25-30 dried grams of mexicans. It's very much like the 10-15 dried gram range except a little rougher physically for the first hour or two. The brain only has so many receptors - once you're past that level the rest just floats around your blood system until it's excreted. Perhaps the larger doses last a little longer but I've never found them anymore intense.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno...
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3427943 - 11/30/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
where is supernova for this thread? he owns all of us..

Aint that the truth.

My max was 80g fresh, had to eat em fresh to stomach that much.  :grin:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3428635 - 11/30/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Where did you find this info about mushroom convulsions at? I've been researching psilocybe mushrooms for quite some time and I have never come across anything that linked mushrooms to any type of epileptic fit.

Please post your sources.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3428940 - 11/30/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have no idea what my largest dose has been. I've sat down and ate shrooms until I couldn't eat them anymore because either I was too full of the ones I'd eaten or simply because my mind wouldn't allow me to continue eating without barfing. That's why I think consuming large amounts requires making tea. Until my 420gram cube dose a few weeks ago, I'd never weighed a dose out. That may be my biggest, but I can't say for sure.

OfflineNoodleSalad
umm...yeah

Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Supernova]
    #3429144 - 11/30/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

420/28=15 You almost ate a pound of shrooms. That would last me months. In that thread about oding on shrooms, I think if you don't get a seizure they said 4-7 pounds. Don't remember if that is fresh or not.

--------------------
life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liqour store, 40 oz to
Freedom,
so I'll take that walk.
And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin back

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Your largest dose? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3429154 - 11/30/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Use the search function :smile: There are quite some reports of people getting seizures from regular doses of mushrooms all over the shroomery. The Shroomery is about the best source of user info in the world. :thumbup:

But let me quote the scientific literature on LSD:

Quote:

Many clinical observations suggest that special caution is indicated in persopns who have an epileptic disposition, especially those with a history of Grand Mal seizures. In these individuals LSD can occasionally trigger not only individual attacks but entire chains of seizures following each other in rapid sequence. This so-called Status Epilepticus can be very difficult to control. (medically)

Source: "LSD PSYCHOTHERAPY" by Stanislav Grof MD
Hunter House 1980; reprinted 1994

Note that this deals with measured doses of pure Sandoz LSD. People tend to discover they tend to the epileptic side of the spectrum by having a seizure. Looking at the possibility of bringing about Status Epilepticus psychedelics must be regarded strong triggers for seizures in some ands therefore are likely to bring about the first seizure episode.

Supernova made a tea of about 1lb of fresh mushrooms but at the hight of his trip he was able to walk about the house. That's completely different from a typical response to even 100 grams fresh.

The mentioned "muscles locking up" looks like something approaching the realm of convulsions and seizures.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (11/30/04 06:16 PM)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3429389 - 11/30/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder how often that is though, after reading Chinacat's experiences and his observations of other's experiences with thumbprint doses of LSD, which, if any hallucinogenic dose will cause seizures, that will. I don't remember him making any mention of anybody getting seizures, even at that many sheets of acid?

But since it is a possibility, one should always use moderation to move up dosage wise, just in case they are susceptable to seizures, but I don't think they're that common, as out of all the hallucinogenic users I've talked to in real life none of them have mentioned or known anyone who had had seizures from hallucinogens

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate