Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
How potent are truffles?
    #3425726 - 11/29/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I just ate a chocolate truffle. About how potent is a truffle compared to psilocybe cubensis? I have another chocolate truffle waiting for me when I'm ready, but the person I bought it from recommended that I take it easy on them. I'll probably take the other one after I start peaking on the first one. It's been a while since I've had a high dose trip.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: How potent are truffles? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3425972 - 11/29/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

A chocolate truffle? Hmm, I know truffles are generally mexicana, sometimes tampanensis. And, dosages wet are 2/3 wet cubensis. Dry is 2x wet cubensis. But, chocolate truffles? Is that one of the two I just mentioned coated in chocolate, or just your average dealer "shroom chocolates"? The second of course are generally cubensis.

On second thought.. I feel ashamed answering someones question when they have friggin 26242 posts!

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: How potent are truffles? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3425996 - 11/29/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's like regular shroom chocolates, but pretty big. I was told they were truffles. May be cubensis, tho.

--------------------

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3426013 - 11/29/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

truffle can be the underground mushroom as well, it's extremely expensive (100s of dollars) so it's unlikely you got the gourmet truffles

chocolate truffles are generally just expensive chocolates

so don't get all high class on us poor-asses... chocolate covered mushrooms are (around here) about 0.5-1grams per chocolate and they cost 10 bucks each

edit this post if I broke the rules, it's not intentional, i'm just too tired to check the specifics

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: How potent are truffles? [Re: blink]
    #3426224 - 11/30/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard there are usually 1.5-1.7 grams per piece (typically) in the chocolate shrooms, but I doubt there is much consistency.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: How potent are truffles? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3427295 - 11/30/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yep, around here they sell for 25 dollars. A good ripoff for asshole dealers when there aren't much shrooms around.

And yeah, 1-2 grams tops.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: How potent are truffles? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3427299 - 11/30/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, and if you want a high dose trip, heh.. eat 2-3 of them, if they're what we're speaking of.

And eat them at the start, you're just wasting them by eating more later.

--------------------

Invisibleeric_the_red
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#3427342 - 11/30/04 10:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i doubt what you have is any different from all the other mushroom chocolates that go around. dealers sell all their mushrooms and are left with some powder in the bottom of bag. so, they melt some chocalate and dump the powder in, then sell it at high prices. mushroom matter in chocolates can be very inconsistent. you never know how much you are buying, or if you are even getting any at all in your chocolate.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3427573 - 11/30/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

How was your trip?

As far as I know truffels are supposed to be the sclerotia(hardened mass of mycelium) of the Psilocybe Mexicana or the Psilocybe Tampanensis(philosophers stones). Truffels look like this:

I don't think they are in your chocolate and if they are, you still don't know how much per chocolate. Dry sclerotia is 2/3 as potent as dry cubensis fruits, while fresh sclerotia is twice as potent as fresh cubensis. This is due to the fact that sclerotia contain 3 times more dry matter per quantity of fresh material.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23365

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: How potent are truffles? [Re: Annom]
    #3427634 - 11/30/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The trip was interesting. Saw some visuals in my peripheral vision, but not so much in my direct line of sight. More of an auditory trip, really. Did a few whippits for good measure. These shrooms didn't keep me awake the way most shrooms do. As soon as I stopped peaking, I was out like a light.

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: How potent are truffles? [Re: Annom]
    #3429260 - 11/30/04 06:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
Dry sclerotia is 2/3 as potent as dry cubensis fruits, while fresh sclerotia is twice as potent as fresh cubensis.

Quote:

elgr said:
And, dosages wet are 2/3 wet cubensis. Dry is 2x wet cubensis. But, chocolate truffles?

Was I high when I wrote this? lol, besides the fact that I should've said dry the second time (dry vs dry, wet vs wet, duh), I mixed up which one was 2x and which was 2/3.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale