Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! * 10
    #3418807 - 11/28/04 08:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you are looking for real-life info on mushrooms, this thread's the place to be! Here you'll find many of your questions answered by the Shroomery Community, and if you're a Mushroom tripper then by all means take the questionnaire and add to our knowledge

Far too few people visit the Polls Forum so since this is Trip Tips I decided this is the place to lay this questionnaire on all of you. In two posts you'll get some of the most frequently asked questions as a clickable poll so you can answer and look for answers in a jiffy.

The best-known shroom is the Cubie (Psilocybe cubensis or "Golden Top") and it's the mushroom tripped on in 4/5 trips. If you buy mushrooms, they are most likely Cubies.
Below is a clickable pic of how a baggie of dried Cubies may look:

Most mushroom people have got experience with it, so I'll use the Cubie as the gold standard in the dosage questions.

Please do not give bogus answers, it's an anonymous poll, you can see the scores without voting by clicking the line at the bottom of that questionnaire. I will post the poll in 2 installments so don't forget to vote in the second part too!

So to all you Mushroom Trippers out there, here is..

THE GREAT MUSHROOMS POLL

Update: I'm amazed how we got to over 90 responders in a mere three days :laugh: As things are looking now I'm going to write a paper around it because the information given by you all is very valuable to psychedelic studies. Please answer as many questions you can and do it truthfully. Looks like the Shroomery is going to produce it's first sci PDF! Thank you all and please vote if you got information to share about your own use.

Edited by Asante (11/30/04 07:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushroom Poll [Re: Asante] * 6
    #3418840 - 11/28/04 08:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Which kinds of Mushrooms did you use?
You may choose many
In which ways have you aquired them?
You may choose many
How many times did you trip?
You may choose only one
How long have you been tripping?
You may choose only one
What is the lowest dose of Cubies that you ever took?
You may choose only one
What is your average dosage of Cubies?
You may choose only one
What is the highest dosage of Cubies you ever took?
You may choose only one
Do you trip Solo or in Groups?
You may choose only one
How pleasurable and/or spiritual are your Trips?
You may choose only one
How easy or difficult are your Trips?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (11/28/04 08:35 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushroom Poll [Re: Asante] * 3
    #3418999 - 11/28/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

How much Cubies would you recommend a complete newbie?
You may choose only one
How often should one trip in the ideal world?
You may choose only one
What would be the best dose to trip this often?
You may choose only one
Do you close your eyes or like darkness when you trip?
You may choose only one
What's your favorite kind?
You may choose only one
Do you like your mushrooms dried or fresh?
You may choose only one
How do you like to ingest them?
You may choose many
Where have you tripped?
You may choose many
Do you like Day-tripping or Night-tripping?
You may choose only one
How long will you remain a Tripper?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (11/28/04 10:26 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: The Great Mushroom Poll [Re: Asante] * 1
    #3419026 - 11/28/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Both tripping during the day and during the night are nice.

I like to start the trip in the evening, see the sun set, and come down at night.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushroom Poll [Re: TheHateCamel] * 1
    #3419223 - 11/28/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Aaaah look at those numbers pouring in :heart:
There are some very clear patterns already and quite some surprises (as many trip indoors as in nature and nighttripping is preferred 2:1 while 12:0 like closed-eyes/darkness visuals) emerging. Please don't forget to vote for the second block!

Quote:

Both tripping during the day and during the night are nice.

I like to start the trip in the evening, see the sun set, and come down at night. 

Personally I like to trip in the afternoons when I'm going solo, and the evening + night when I trip in groups.
Best trip: take first mushrooms at sunset, trip (and boost) on a starlit moonless cool summer night until sunrise. Cosmic... :smirk:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Re: The Great Mushroom Poll [Re: Asante] * 1
    #3419311 - 11/28/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

great poll and info. now how you gonna get the newb to read rather than ask these eternal questions?

--------------------
buh

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Asante] * 1
    #3419372 - 11/28/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

excellent poll, i enjoyed that very much.

to everybody out there, try a trip at the crack of dawn. wake up at like 6 am and ingest the mushrooms and head out to watch the sunrise and the waking of the world from a mountain or something. best few hours of my life, best afterglow ever.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinelilbil
republican hippy(only one)

Loc: Montana, usa
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: TODAY] * 1
    #3419396 - 11/28/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

shrooms are so emtional for me, that if i start when it is light out, and it turns dark i become depreesed. and im MT in the winter (when i shroom most, cus the weed is no where to be found) the light goes away at 5 so i shroom at night and have a very late night.....

--------------------
----------------------------------------------

if ignorance is bliss, then sadly my mom and dad are very happy......

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: TODAY] * 1
    #3419400 - 11/28/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:shocked: 19% sticks their mushrooms up their anus?!
Are we truthin' on that one, people?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Asante] * 2
    #3419433 - 11/28/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hahahah would that even work?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Thin White Duke] * 1
    #3419476 - 11/28/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

*nods*
It actually is as serious a poll entry as the rest. If you squirt mushroom juice up your anus as an enema/clysma you will trip. There was a tek about that which was genuine. I find it hard to believe that 19% though! Ah the steady influx of votes will reveal the truth. If we get 40 voters oddnesses will smoothen out and it'll start to become statistically sound.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3419758 - 11/28/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Great fucking poll. Thanks WS.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Asante] * 2
    #3419921 - 11/28/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

*nods*
It actually is as serious a poll entry as the rest. If you squirt mushroom juice up your anus as an enema/clysma you will trip. There was a tek about that which was genuine. I find it hard to believe that 19% though! Ah the steady influx of votes will reveal the truth. If we get 40 voters oddnesses will smoothen out and it'll start to become statistically sound.

I probably sound ignorant but why would someone bother doing that when it is so much easier to just eat them?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Thin White Duke] * 1
    #3420267 - 11/28/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I probably sound ignorant but why would someone bother doing that when it is so much easier to just eat them?

Lots of reasons!

Some people do weird stuff to see if it can be done. An example would be me. I have snorted weed-crumbs to see if the THC would be absorbed intranasally like the Discovery Channel said about cannabis-based Zulu War Snuff.
I wanted to see if that medicine man was full of it  :grin:
Naturally he wasn't: I got very high but ofcourse never repeated.

Other people do weird stuff to see if and how it gets them where they want to be. An example would be Columbus who sought the East Indies but found the Americas as a side-effect of going West instead of East.
After all: the effect might be unique or stronger, thus cheaper achieved, and fasting would be unneeded.

Other people just like sticking stuff up their arse :evil:

Through these intrepid adventurers we know that you can put an Ecstasy tab in a syringe:sad:, DMT can be vaporized instead of injected :thumbup: and the prostate can best be massaged from the inside :eek:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflinesDariuSs Happy Birthday!
BakeyBakerton
Loc: Cols, OH
    #3420318 - 11/28/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The whole psylocibe-anal-injection, while a little out there sounding... I do believe. While not having done it myself, I did witness a friend inject meth into his (anon) arm with a mixture of c0ke, and while the effect was instantanious, the sickening feeling that attached itself made it seem hardly worth it from what I could tell. I don't disapprove injection/enema... but I would recommend caution considering the direct-effect. Some drugs are enjoyed due to the lasting effects given.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: sDariuSs] * 2
    #3420456 - 11/28/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

For the record:

Street Injection is jabbing a needle into your flesh and introducing dangerous contaminants into your system.
It's very dangerous.

Enema is squirting a liquid into your butthole and holding it for 10-30min before pooping it out.
It's very odd, but not dangerous per say.

Please, not another anus debate :rolleyes:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
    #3420541 - 11/28/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Very interesting results. I especially find interesting that no one has spiritual but non-pleasurable trips. I'll make sure my g/f sees this, I'm trying to convince her to try mushis...

*little off-topic*
Wiccan_Seeker, I just love the amount of great info you have in your signature. It's been most useful :heart:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D] * 1
    #3420623 - 11/28/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms tickle the senses (or cauterize them) and if you're lucky your Higher Self is awakened by it, either it reaches out or you pray to be saved from the onslaught of 12 grams dried. (did that once, not the praying, fortunately! Now, older, wiser and far more sensitive i'm that lone "one gram average dose" statistic)

The hardest spike at the moment is that a whopping 86% of 35 people say that Closed Eye/Darkness Visions are the place to be. And indeed, if you didn't do that you're missing out on something precious :heart:

Thanks DEEPMAN for the compliment, but please outdo me and make your signature as info-laden as mine. I used my space to the last letter :evil:, too bad code is counted too.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (11/28/04 07:53 PM)

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
    #3420794 - 11/28/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I shall try to, Wicccan, I shall try. By now I'm trying to get info spread among my friends, but I'm afraid your a way better source than me. :smile: That being said, I'll link to the LSD handbook right now. (Anyone knows how to put text centered on the side of the picture?)

Wow, 12 grams dried? the most I've tried was 3 (bad yet marvelous trip) and I'm planning on 5gr soon. Maybe it's just a phase, but I find less than 1.5gr hardly worth (I don't really use mushis recreationally). Do you use it just for a little insight perhaps?

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D] * 2
    #3421015 - 11/28/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wow, 12 grams dried? the most I've tried was 3 (bad yet marvelous trip) and I'm planning on 5gr soon. Maybe it's just a phase, but I find less than 1.5gr hardly worth (I don't really use mushis recreationally). Do you use it just for a little insight perhaps?

If your 3gr was bad (meaning you had problems handling it i assume), why go for 5 grams?

If you use modest amounts incidentally (the statistic kinda leans toward once every two months) for some time you will typically become MORE sensitive to mushrooms as time progresses. At first it has to yank it out of you, but later on it takes a speck of Shroom and an oomph of your trained mind and you will get more then you ever did on higher doses before.

My most profound trip in terms of hallucinatory carnival was on 12 grams. My most profound trip of all was on 0.5gr Liberty Caps.
I left my body behind on my bed and my spirit sat wrapped in a blanket in the icecold desert night by a campfire, as a Spirit Teacher layed it all down to me.

Soon a spiritual Brother comes over for a Trip. I haven't decided how much I will take, 0.25gr, 0.5 gr perhaps 1 gr of very potent cubies. He has said he'll likely go for 0.5gr.

On my last 0.5gr trip I overflowed with memories and sequences of visuals of the distant past, including toddler memories, what i saw and felt and even sitting with my legs outstretched in a baby tub 2ft long  :eek:
All the details I saw were confirmed by my father later on and my very limited field of vision (a blur starts beyond 2ft) proved a biological trait of, well, babies.
I came to insight on many things of my life as I am in the "perinatal" Death/Rebirth sequence of Ego Death.

Said Brother, on 0.75gr, had a mighty confusion at first but a clarity came which guided him from that Session onward.
Tripping is a 24/7 commitment.

How can 1.5gr hardly be worthwhile if YOU are worthwhile?
A low dose is every bit as profound as a high dose if you truely open yourself to it.
It is still you and the mushroom, your brain opening up on 4-HO-DMT.

The biggest trap is to think that you need more mushroom to get more spirituality: You tend to get more carnival and more confusion with higher doses, but the Spirituality is within YOU, not the Mushroom, and if you use incidentally (once every X months) your spiritual growth will be measured in being ABLE to experience a Deeper effect with LESS mushrooms.

Challenge: if you know what outdoor camping demands (hypothermia measures etc) I dare you to go into the woods on a moonless cloudless night and take one gram of mushrooms with your ass on a Planet and Infinity above.
I can almost guarantee you that unbelievable spiritual profundity will befall you. :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (11/28/04 09:01 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder