Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
But Officer, I was Just out for a walk!
    #341653 - 06/15/01 04:43 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well I was walking along a trail near Pacific University when I saw a beautiful butterfly swoop down from a bush towards the ground, something they do not usually do because they like to fly high up and in open air spaces between bush landings.

And as he came down towards the lawn I too looked down upon the grass and this is what I saw.

After retreiveing a large box from the Garbage bin, I bend down and began to pick these beatiful little morsels from the groundand as I was picking them for some reason or other I looked up as a motorcycle cop came right up along beside me on the trail and grinned and I smiled back and he kept going.

What a beautiful day.

Now the question is, in the bottom photograph there are four different mushrooms in the foto where the quarter is. Of course the primary shroom here is Psilocybe stuntzii. But, Can anyone there tell me what the other three species are in the picture and where are they in the picture?

Mjshroomer.. I await your response.

Oh Yeah! Those were just about one-twentieth of what I found. I just could not get to many on my scanner.

Hehehehehe.

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Edited by mjshroomer on 06/15/01 06:50 PM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: But Officer, I was Just out for a walk! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #341675 - 06/15/01 05:06 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Ahh....so your secret for finding the magic mushrooms is revealed. Just follow the swooping butterflies.And all this time I've been crawling around on my hands and knees,eyes glued to the ground.
Ok,here's my guess;2 mushies in the bottom left are baeos,the 4 mushrooms at the top right that are attached together are cyans, the 4 mushrooms at the right of center are fimetarias, and most of the rest are stuntzii's. Of course I've never had the luxury of picking any of these species, so if I got it just half right, it's luck.

doo

Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb.

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: But Officer, I was Just out for a walk! [Re: doo]
    #341684 - 06/15/01 05:18 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I can only find Ps. fimetaria and stuntzii, don't see any baeos? But I've never picked any of those species either.

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #341730 - 06/15/01 06:48 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

you dirty old dog mjshroomer hehahah

well, i certainly do believe i will visiting seattle in less than two weeks. any tips?

Offlinemethos
lost...
    #341739 - 06/15/01 06:57 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

It looks like you have a few Ps. Azurescens in the lower left corner of that pic. Workman said he's got a few spring azure's so maybe a few popped up and you grabbed 'em. Damn, I'm jealous of yer find, hehe. I think I need to go for a nice long walk in my favorite park and look for butterflies.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: But Officer, I was Just out for a walk! [Re: methos]
    #341747 - 06/15/01 07:09 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well the first one on the bottom left is Panaeolina foenisecii, a very small one with a faded cap.

The 2nd and 3rd one fromthe left are P. fimetaria and the fourth one with the conical cap is Psilocybe sierrae (syn.= Psilocybe subfiometaria)

Have a shromoy day.

AS I have mentioned on numerous occasions. I do not always look for these children. They tend to call out to me when I am minding my own business. When They communicate to me I hear them calling out to me and I venture forth into their energy and become one with them.

And so shall some of you in the future be able to hear what I hear. See what I see, Feel what I feel and Find what I find.

The symbiosis is within us all.

And so I leave to work on my cd roms.

Bye and later,

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #341983 - 06/16/01 02:26 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well, if you wouldn't have found these as soon as you did, the would ALL be lawn mower's. You know the lawn mower don't mess around!!Hehe!
Stay cool, BlueRinger!!-Levi7.

OfflineSmallputrid
old hand
Loc: Volcanoes
Re: But Officer, I was Just out for a walk! [Re: Levi7]
    #342230 - 06/16/01 02:08 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

DOn't confuse the novices Mj, it is almost newbie season, and you suck permamently if you kill kids inadventantly!!!!!!!! Beware kids of gay men adults who send you to find the wrong mushrooms the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!! But trust Mj, he is the greatest guy here, and he taught me everything I know about mushrooms, no one else taught me anything about them!!!!

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: But Officer, I was Just out for a walk! [Re: Smallputrid]
    #342899 - 06/17/01 04:04 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Yo MJ, quick question for you if you so choose to respond. I have found subfimentaria and you have id'd them from picture as such, my question is what exactly is the difference between them and the fimentaria or stunzii other than size. I can see a bit of difference between the stunzii pictures i have seen that fimentaria pictures i have seen and there seems to be big differences in the cap shape. Also the fimentaria seem to be alot bigger, take that big find you found that was in the traffic circle down by woodland park zoo. Just curious because it seems you could find a small specimen of stunzii and call it subfimentaria pretty easily. thanks, cardboard

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: But Officer, I was Just out for a walk! [Re: cardboard]
    #342913 - 06/17/01 04:26 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I think it had something to do with the size and possibly the shape of the spores, comparatively, between the species(or sub-species?).
Also, you know, I've never even thought about the blue-ringers I've found to be anything but Ps. Stuntzii. And until I gain some knowledge, I'll have to stick with that.
Is it the umbo that macroscopically differentiates Ps. Stuntzii and Ps. fimetaria? I've only found one batch of Ps. cyanescens and they were actually quite a bit smaller than blue ringers, even the mature ones. The blue ringers had a flat cap, but some had an umbo. Does Ps. fimetaria open up to a flat position? If so, maybe that's what I'm finding.
Oh, yeah, isn't the potency relatively the same betwen the blue ringer complex? -I'm just full of questions.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineShroomerBoy
Re: But Officer, I was Just out for a walk! [Re: Levi7]
    #343068 - 06/17/01 09:00 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I found my first shroom while following a turtle i found sitting on the side of a dirt road. I now love turtles!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract