Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) * 1
    #340913 - 06/14/01 07:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hello Everyone,
I was out of town for 2 days and this is what I come back to!

Wow, well let me answer a few questions and defend Myco Supply. First off, dimitri211 I wish you would have at least emailed me or sent me a PM before posting what you did. Only becuase what you've posted about us being a "big lie" is hurtful. All of the products that we have come directly from the manufacturer. Your link "http://www.dougcare.com/packagingequipment/impulse0.htm" I'm sorry to say but they aren't the manufacturer! Why don't you try digging a little harder and maybe you'll come up with a company called "AIE". Try looking them up, becuase they ARE the manufacturers:)

Whats next...OH, the driertie. Well ya done good there son:) They are A manufacturer of driertie. Not the only one though. Good job!

Also, you said, "I did not know who owned myco supply I found this on a nother board and cut and pasted them in hope the the owner could shed some light." Well, instead of getting people upset, why didn't you try to contact me? You could have PMed me, even if you didn't have my email address? And honestly, I would REALLY LIKE TO SEE THE "OTHER BOARD" THAT YOU FOUND THAT ON:) XOXOX

new2this - be a sweetheart and find me a post on DD about Myco Supply? Lets see...Myco Supply didn't even go public until June 4th. And if memory serves me DD was down way before that. So before you try to use a BB that no longer exists...well, maybe you to could get your facts straight. OH, and if you can get bacteriological grade agar for $13.50! WOW, send me a C.O.A. on it and maybe we'll buy it from you:)

dimitri211 if you have any questions, serious feel free to PM me or email me at lana_c@apexmail.com and I will be happy to answer your questions:)

slither, thanks for defending us! Myco Supply is me and 2 other individuals. I'm the only one of the 3 that visits theses boards. I don't enjoy nor encourage flane wars. If someone has an issue with Myco Supply, just approach us with it. But don't call us "a big lie".

IF ANY OF YOU have questions, don't be afraid to email me or PM. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Sincerely,
Lana

Distributors of Mycological Products

http://www.MycoSupply.com

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline*HeGz*
old hand
Re: Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) [Re: Lana] * 1
    #340925 - 06/14/01 07:42 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Lana is just too sweet to say anything bad about...

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, people take prozac to make it normal.

"Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery"

PEACE

HeGz

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #340931 - 06/14/01 07:51 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

It was about this thread:
http://ddisland.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=3&topic=26

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

Invisibleslither
addict
    #340932 - 06/14/01 07:51 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, I usually don't get involved in flame wars, I feel childish, but his post really turned me off, if he wasn't selling supplies, I wouldn't have responded the way I did. I would have just corrected him in a nice way. Here's the link to DD island, the post is under supplies forum. :)

http://ddisland.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #340966 - 06/14/01 08:46 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

well finally lana you are correct about DD going down but now it is DD island I am assuming you did not see it like your friend slither said. and I never called you a big lie that was part of the DD board. And as far as the pictures I have been trying to see about someone helping me to post pics about the supplies I have and the commont was made to me in a pm that I could just still them and I was directed to myco-supply for the first time and the pics look exactly like fungi perfecti's so why not ask it now.

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores
----------------------------------------------
Donations to the shroomery
www.paypal.com (Account thor@shroomery.org)

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) [Re: dimitri211] * 1
    #340978 - 06/14/01 09:05 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I think its always wise to hold judgement before getting an answer from the source, it would have been best for all concerned if you just emailed her dimitri.

Lana is a good person, I trust she is running an honest business, if you want to criticise her its your right, but there are nicer ways of doing it.

Just a thought.

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Re: Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) [Re: dimitri211] * 1
    #340988 - 06/14/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hello Everyone, hi dimitri211
It seems like this whole issue is coming from a post from the new "DD Island". Until I read this post, I never knew there was DD Island:) None the less, it sounds as if someone feels that they're being ripped off because we use the same pics.

I'm sorry but it's rather funny. Why you ask? Well, many manufacturers give both retailers and wholesalers rights to use their photos, literature, etc. in order to sell their products. Lets use scalpels for example.

Say I make scalpels. I'm not going to sell them and give just one distributor exclusive rights to sell my product (unless they've got A HUGH clentelle) and if me (the manufacturer) says 'Do what it takes to sell MY product". And if that means using pictures, literature, test results.... the bottom line is that the manufacturer is making money. As well as the distributor or retailer (there is a difference between the two).

Anywho. Many distributors are offered the privledges to use pics in order to sell their product becuase they know that if a distributor sells it, they're going to purchase it DIRECTLY from the manufacturer. Great point is with the drierite. Whenever we sell a bottle of drierite, the most cost effective way for us to obtain it is through the manufacturer. It wouldn't be worth it for us to buy it from a retailer becuase the price of the product would be way too high. And as for the drierite, FP's pic isn't taken from the manufacturers. :)

One thing I do want to clearify is that distributors and retailers are different. Retailers or resalers sometimes buy from distributors since they don't have the monetary means to purchase items in large quantities. Myco Supply has the monetary means to purchase in bulk:) Which brings me to this... None of the 3 individuals who own and operate Myco Supply work it as a full time job!

/me laughs!

I work full time as well as the 2 others. I mean, there's a reason why there aren't more companies like FP out there. C'mon guys think about it:) The mushroom cultivation market isn't a booming, thriving market:) Not everyone (let me rephrase this) VERY few of the populus needs cultivation equipment. Not many businesses specialize in mushroom cultivation products simply because there's little market for it and there's even less money in it:)

dimitri211 - it's very hard for me to believe that this all came from the fact that you simply wanted to "post pics on your site" I mean if you were directed to Myco Supply, why didn't you email someone at Myco Supply or PM personally?

Regardless, If you do want to post pics that are on our site. You know as well as I do that I can't stop you. But my advice would simply ask the manufacters for their permission.

If you have any other questions, please email me privately at lana_c@apexmail.com Or PM me.

Lana

--------------------

Invisibleslither
addict
Re: Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) [Re: Thor] * 1
    #340999 - 06/14/01 09:32 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Good call thor, and nice pic :)

Actually, it's probably hard to believe I would post all that shit if me and Lana weren't friends, but we aren't, I just respect her site and the potential it has. I respect anyone starting their own business because I know how hard it is, especially when it's one that might bring me something I need at a lower price than I'm used to paying. Like I said, I work as little as possible these days, so I want hard to find supplies that only places that charge an arm and a leg usually carry, FP needs some competition! If someone else doesn't get an inventory like they have(but with better prices for same products), I will, the mushroom cultivators of the world need it.

If I were Lana and her partners, I would be concentrating more on Gourmet cultivators than us, they aren't as cheap as us. :)

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #341073 - 06/14/01 11:25 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

nothing real to add to this thread but a little clarification on something that was posted- dd didnt "change" into ddi. were not ben (& never will be ::sniff:: ) just dont want people thinking that were the same admin etc that dd had from something that was posted here kinda vaguely.

also- *part of the dd board* implies that the entire board feels one way about something; thatd be like saying *the shroomery* feels this way about ___ (insert anything here). were a smaller band (1%'ers heheh) but we all dont speak in the same tongue.

crimson badge of courage. ((still amused))

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) [Re: oscill8] * 1
    #342320 - 06/16/01 03:50 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Yes it's me once again. I'm the ass-hole. I just loved the wording of myco-supply's website so much. Hey it's great (especialy since lana's back looks so hot in that pic!). I'm sorry if i'm not up to speed with making money off of shroom growers. More power to you! I don't know you, but if i did i'd probably buy you a drink and try to take you home.:D It's great that you offer other peoples products on your site. It's also great that you have enough money to buy it in bulk and sell it at a profit. That's what americas all about. America is also about people like me. People who hates companies who knowingly take advantage of those who have no(or little) money and try to tell them that their offering them a deal. America is also about people offering (and telling other people) about BETTER deals. I'm sorry if you cant handle that. I'm sorry if your weak ass buisness sense cant handle constructive criticizm. Myco supply kinda reminds me of OZ in the Wizard of Oz movie. You can call me To-To ... cause i love to pull back the curtains. There are plenty of newbies that come to this site and think all that we say do and offer on this site is the way to go. I'm just offering a different path. You see, i'm not making money, I just post LINKS. DUUUUUUU! and if my opinion is what bothers you than GOOD! cause you'r gonna get more of it! :laugh::D:DI have nothing to do with your litte "myco-war" with other companies! I refuse to be your scape-goat! I am the anti-scapegoat and dont you bitches forget it! when i find more links for cheaper i will post them again and again. No one should pay more for this because they dont know how to use a fucking SEARCHENGINE! Oh by the way ... Lana can i get you number?? The only reason i picked on you honey is because your banner was flashing in my face as i was trying to read POSTS.... peace VENDORS!
Webster's:
1. one who vends or sells
2.{my fav} a vendin machine

if you wish to talk to this about me further please feel free to send me a PM as i refuse to post in this part of the shroomery.

"souns like your trying to teach Bruce Lee Kung-Fu"
Drool Donkey Island

Anonymous

Re: Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) [Re: BrownPastures] * 1
    #342439 - 06/16/01 07:12 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Prices are average for specialty sites. It can always be cheaper if you build your own, make your own, or buy direct if you can. But I wouldn't make such a fuss. Let's grow some shrooms, let the Oncelers do their thing.

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
    #342518 - 06/16/01 10:06 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Yo Blunted...
Sounds like you have a major hard-on for Myco/Lana, ever think about getting a fuckin life? Its not your philosophy I have a problem with or the fact that you and other people like you who want to be the drug cultures version of Ralph Nader. Its your methods that are wrong no matter how cool you try to sound.

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
Re: Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) [Re: Billyblastoff] * 1
    #342526 - 06/16/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

and Im not gettin dragged into a flame here. I gave you my opinion "live with it"...

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #342532 - 06/16/01 10:20 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Wow that was a lot said BP blunted I feel the same and I did find someone to help with a web site and I will now post pics and items and will sell them as cheap as possible with 10% of profits to going to this board and enough extra to slowly build up a better stock. I will always try to have the cheapest supplies. This site is not ment to be competitive it is ment to help those who can not afford high priced cultivation tools. They are the same quality and most of the time the same brands. If you have money please go visit myco supply and fungi.com but if you do not have a lot of cash and want to enjoy this hobbie then give us a try the site will be up and running a.s.a.p I know nothing about web site or building them or hosting them so bare with me. and before we go I have sleeves of disposable petri on sale now for 4.00$ per sleeve

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Re: Myco Supply - Just a little defense:) [Re: Billyblastoff] * 1
    #342591 - 06/17/01 12:02 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

You don't know me sucker i could be your FATHER.

oh by the way this is the END

if you want to get cheap prices you dont have to go to any "supplier" or go to Drool Donkey Island for christ sake.just use your fucking SEARCH-ENGINE.

Don't get me wrong - youngins - blunted does not mean i smoke "blunts" it means what the dictionary says. Take it for what it's worth
"suck my 1st ammendment" - BrownPastures
Drool Donkey Island

Edited by BrownPastures on 06/17/01 02:14 AM.

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
    #342693 - 06/17/01 08:17 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

BrownPastures made a good point... if you're gonna have a business you're gonna get criticized. It just comes with the territory : / Anyone dumb enough to take someone else's opinion as there own isn't a good consumer though. I'd suggest everyone decide for themselves. Mycosupply is a nice site, but its NEW... give it some time before you start writing your opinions in stone. I like mycosupply, it looks like a promising business. However, I can also see where BrownPastures is coming from. It seams childish to just up and put down a business though, I bet he was a bully in school ; ) I think its just as bad for everyone to get pissed off at him as it was for him to post up some stuff putting mycosupply down. Don't sweat critics as much and they won't keep coming back with more stuff to say in return for your comments... I think this thread should end now.
</flame>

Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery!
Long Live The Free Spore Ring!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

Edited by DarK_SavioR on 06/17/01 09:56 PM.

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

#342766 - 06/17/01 11:01 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

To BrownPastures

I'd like to explain something that is easily realized.

Myco Supply is a business. Businesses are formed to generate a revenue with hopes of achieving a proft. (period)

If you can't understand that then I can not help you.

If you post links with sites that have cheaper prices. Great! I nor anyone else can stop you. But if you think that Myco Supply is "ripping people off" because we have higher prices than other sites. Then you should redifine your meaning of "ripping off"

I don't know why you feel like Myco Supply is a bad entity? And I'm unsure why you are unhappy with the presence of Myco Supply here at the Shroomery?

As for being a "scapegoat" and being "Oz-like" thats simply childish.

Again, if you feel that you must discredit Myco Supply solely on our "high prices" (which aren't really that high), then so be it. But those who understand business concepts and are looking for a professional company that understand what mycologists need in order to have success. Then they will be added as another satisfied customer.

I'm posting this privately on the BB and I'm sending you a copy of it in a PM to you BrownPastures. If there are any issues that you would like to discuss. I give you the option to PM me or email me at lana_c@apexmail.com

Thanks!

Lana

--------------------

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

#343271 - 06/18/01 02:09 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Please Lana, how can you say i'm not being made into a scapegoat??? Have you completely forgoten how this whole thing started on THIS board??? Some OTHER supplier decided to put YOU down by posting A REGULAR CITIZEN'S O-P-I-N-I-O-N! For all you kiddies out there i'm a moderator in the "TOOLS AND SUPPLIES" forum of DDI. I think, my job, is to provide links to CREDIBLE myco-suppliers and/or people who sell products that we can use at an AFFORDABLE price. I can say WHAT EVER THE FUCK I WANT TO BECAUSE I'M NOT SELLING ANYTHING NOR AM I ANY COMPANY'S CHEERLEADER. If you think that selling dessicant at 2ce the price is good buisness, that's your fault and soon you will learn about what GOOD buisness realy is. Woop-dee-friggin doooo that you get your impulse sealers "straight from the manufacturer" when their still $30 more than on other sites who are NOT manufacturers(just like you Lana :wink:). Oh and the whole "picture" thing. Why dont you read the friggin post it's not my fault that you can't read!... i didn't say you ripped the PIC off you stupid fuck! I SAID I WAS GOING TO USE THE PIC YOU HAVE ON YOUR SITE TO LINK TO THE MANUFACTURER SINCE THE PIC I WANTED TO USE ON THE MANUFACTURER'S SITE WAS TOO BIG! HELLO?!?!?!
And the OZ thing... . .?? did i say i was like OZ?? no , i said i was like TO-TO the LITTLE TINY MANGY MUTT THAT PULLED BACK THE CURTAIN ON OZ.
Yes people HATE me . because it's only 4 letter words that make the world go 'round. Tell me i'm childish, ill-mannered, or that my methods are incorrect. BUT DONT TELL ME I'M WRONG ... cause you know deep down in that cold hole you call your heart you know i'm right. You wish you could have been the one to say it! So Lana, unless you want to FUCK , please dont address me, or try to explain your weak ass attempts at making money of of people who grow mushrooms. Don't get me wrong making money is cool but overcharging is WACK. When's the last time you heard someone say something good about a company that over charges people????

All you silly rabbits can stick up for your little buddy here. But the only reason your doing it is cause she's gonna fork over some cash to keep this site up. If you weren't such POSERS maybe you'd understand. Oh lana, one more question.... how much money have you made from people who dont grow PSYCHADELIC mushrooms??? probably not much since those people are smart enough to steer clear of your "bong-shop" "novelty" prices.

"suck my 1st ammendment" - BrownPastures
Drool Donkey Island

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #343276 - 06/18/01 02:18 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

And 1 thing that everyone seems to be forgetting is how much lana boasts about her 2 partners, and there money to buy in bulk.
Well the fact of the matter is that those 3 people have to get paid off of every sale, right??
You don't think they do this shit for free do you??
I tried to post a list on the board as an easier and cheaper way to buy tools and supplies and everyone wanted a site and pics-Like you guys do not know what a petri dish,scalpel, dung etc.. is now I have to make a small profit to cover the cost of advertising as well as the site. I will do everything in my power to keep these items affordable to all. I want people who want to give this hobby a try to have a chance to afford to continue the hobby if they so desire.

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Edited by dimitri211 on 06/18/01 04:34 AM.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #343287 - 06/18/01 02:44 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

BrownPastures, you need to chill out dude... You can make your criticisms without being a jerk about it, everyone is entitled to their opionions, but if you want a flame war then you are going about it the right way..

Who are the posers? Do you think Lana is funding the shroomery all by herself? Shroomery gets a good portion of its monthly fees paid by the ads, and donations. Without it there wouldn't be a Shroomery, so hopefully your not saying its wrong to do that.

I just have to say that if you want anyone to listen to what you have to say, be polite about it! If you get all angry and rude nobody will listen to a word you say....

Chill out...

Edited by Thor on 06/18/01 04:46 AM.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck