Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Pins, but a problem...
    #3394330 - 11/21/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I've been helping a friend do a grow. After much anticipation, he finally got some pins from cakes he's growing. The problem is, he is going to be leaving for the thanksgiving break, so he isn't going to be around to pick them whenever they mature. Tuesday will be the last day he'll be around before he leaves, but he won't be back till Sunday. I'd shroom sit for him but I'm on the same time table. My question is, should I tell him to leave them alone till he gets back, or should he pick them tuesday before he leaves? He's worried that if he leaves them over the break, they'll be over ripe and drop their spores, making a mess and having rotting shrooms for when he comes back to pick them. If he picks them now, he will probably only have a few scrawny fruits. So do yall recommend he picks them before he leaves, or just let them grow till he gets back?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Pins, but a problem... [Re: biglo]
    #3394345 - 11/21/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

how long have the pins been there? but i would go with pick them and put the cake/caseing in the fridge. that would suck to come back to a rotten cake.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Pins, but a problem... [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3394418 - 11/21/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well, the first signs of pinning began yesterday, and pins have started to become obvious on all the cakes today. The main question is will they last till next sunday if they're left alone. The biggest pins are maybe a centimeter long, and they've really began to grow in earnest.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Pins, but a problem... [Re: biglo]
    #3394444 - 11/21/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

is everything in the tererrium set up right, temp, RH, fanning light cycles? the only reason i ask this is cause i got my pins yesterday also and they are already around 1-1 1/2 inches. could be the strain though.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinekraj
Stranger
Re: Pins, but a problem... [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3394519 - 11/21/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm afraid they'll probably mature right while he's gone, you MAY be able to leave them that long but it'd really be better to have them picked, especially if you want subsequent flushes. Seems as though Thanksgiving is falling at a bad time this year :wink:

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Pins, but a problem... [Re: kraj]
    #3394549 - 11/21/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i would pick the day he has to leave. though his harvest weight will be on the low side, the potency of what he does have will be pretty nice. better to pick early, i'd say.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags