Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLapluie
Stranger
Ozone generator
    #339127 - 06/12/01 01:38 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I read the plan from Alien to make a ozone generator and I would like to know what kind of transformer I nead.
I got one that is for neon, but I don't know the voltage and how to connect it: there 2 red leads, 2 yellow leads, 2 blue leads. If someone know what I m talking about and can help me to know what to do. I think a picture will be good. :)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Re: Ozone generator [Re: Lapluie]
    #339361 - 06/12/01 07:32 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Oooh, sounds dangerous. I'm not sure about alien's plans, but I think you can find info on this at Overgrow.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

OfflineLapluie
Stranger
Re: Ozone generator [Re: egghead]
    #339380 - 06/12/01 08:10 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks egghead I found realy good instructions with pictures.
http://www.cannabisworld.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000540.html
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?threadid=25130&highlight=ozone#searchjump

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #339422 - 06/12/01 08:47 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

There's a great post by Larrythescaryrex on the new Drool Donkey Island that should help you out... and if not ask him. i'm sure he can help you out in the electronics department... peace

"slutguts" - auto59009
Drool Donkey Island

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
    #362634 - 07/28/01 06:23 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Update.. Alien now says not to mess w/ these. EPA has determined that ozone can be harmful to your heath.

HOW IS OZONE HARMFUL?

The same chemical properties that allow high concentrations of ozone to react with organic material outside the body give it the ability to react with similar organic material that makes up the body, and potentially cause harmful health consequences. When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath, and, throat irritation. Ozone may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections. People vary widely in their susceptibility to ozone. Healthy people, as well as those with respiratory difficulty, can experience breathing problems when exposed to ozone. Exercise during exposure to ozone causes a greater amount of ozone to be inhaled, and increases the risk of harmful respiratory effects. Recovery from the harmful effects can occur following short-term exposure to low levels of ozone, but health effects may become more damaging and recovery less certain at higher levels or from longer exposures (US EPA, 1996a, 1996b).

Manufacturers and vendors of ozone devices often use misleading terms to describe ozone. Terms such as "energized oxygen" or "pure air" suggest that ozone is a healthy kind of oxygen. Ozone is a toxic gas with vastly different chemical and toxicological properties from oxygen. Several federal agencies have established health standards or recommendations to limit human exposure to ozone. These exposure limits are summarized in Table 1.

Potential risk of experiencing:

• Decreases in lung function

• Aggravation of asthma

• Throat irritation and cough

• Chest pain and shortness of breath

• Inflammation of lung tissue

• Higher susceptibility to respiratory infection

The day I tried to live; I stole a thousand beggar's change and gave it to the rich.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

OfflineLapluie
Stranger
Re: Ozone generator [Re: egghead]
    #362751 - 07/28/01 11:27 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I think that all you say is right, but the avantage of the ozone it s its instability. For a health care use you have to put it on a timer and leave it degrade befor enter in the room. I don't have one yet so if Im wrong let me know.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale