Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Cyans, Stuntzii's and the Cyan Slug and/or Squirrel Shroom Fest
    #3390550 - 11/20/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I went on a really, really long walk today, about 15 miles of walking around in one large circle.

I did this after going to a patch I left untouched three days before. Someone got into it and ripped up all of the ones I left.

Found these two specimens in a grassy area near the place where I went.

Since it was only two shrooms I went elsewhere to look for more places. Found three new spots today, not many specimens, a few large ones and then some., So I just took some fotos of them as I came across them.

To start out the day I found one nice patch with some fresh yummies growing in alder branch mulch.

Here is that image of the lone clean untouched and un-ripped up cyan patch i found this noon.

A small grouping, one of about twenty in this place of honore.

Now these next two images are pinners of about 1 1/2 inch high. They had been kicked by something or someone, but the patch was not pulled up by pickers. This was from someone walking across the mulch-bed. On these two you can see the blue oxidation caused when the stipes of these babies were stepped on or kicked as someone went across them.

And another view of the two with bluing in the stems from physical damage.

Okay so now I began another great walk and I finally come by a new apartment complex with a new lawn. However, the lawn was recently mowed, at least in thwe last two days. This small grouping of blue ringers were healthy and there is a gigantic lawn in the center of the complex. I will check on it in a day or so. Problem is there are dozens of windows from which tenants would probably notice me picking them so I will just photograph them when I go back.

These were sturdy strong stems with theirselves attached to the roots of the grass, as seen in the last image here of the blue ringers. You can notice a tinge of azure blue on the stipe where the ring is.

btw. Not my best blue ringer photos. Had some battery problems today.

And I pulled two and laid them down on their sides so you can see the light blue ring on one of them. The grass and ground were cold. My feet can attest to that.

Well so much for that collection. Not enough to pick.

So I again hit the road and wandered finding a few here and there and then I came upon some newly planted rhoderdendrons, appozximately three feet in height.

And around the parameter of these Rhoadies were these beautiful chewed up cyans. Some look like slugs got on a few cos I saw slug slime trails, but if you look carefully at some of these shrooms, You can see where something living chewed on the caps. Most likely a Squirrel or maybe a rat.

Can you imagine stoned rats running around the city high on shrooms.

I mean I have seen squirrels frolic on Amanita at Green Lake and play with other squirrels in a fashion not accustom to squirrel party-on Wayne kinda antics.

Here are five images of some of the more than one hundred shrooms all chewed by something that was alive.

Maybe a homeless person slept in their last night and nibbled. Sometimes when I crawl around into the bush I see peoples bed-rolls or camping out sites, or even empty beer bottles. In Thailand int he jungles I find Lipovitan bottles trashed into the brush by locals and by hill tribe peoples..

Most likely the slugs and squirrels had a white flag party last night.

Here are the five images I took of some chewed up cyans.

Well here are some other non-magical shrooms but they seem to have magic in them just by the way they look and carry theirselves. Standing up real proud for a posed shot.

First a yellow Coprinus (Inky Cap)

ANd then a colobny cluster of something I know but cannot recall at the moment. Something simple. I guess I am getting old and my memopry is dull. NEed to go to aAmsterdam and get some smart pills.

Hehehe.

Enjoy these.

and have a shroomy day. Took many non-psychoactive shroom images today, but then I do not trhink I will write a book about the non-active mushrooms I meet.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
Re: Cyans, Stuntzii's and the Cyan Slug and/or Squirrel Shroom Fest [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3391221 - 11/20/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

WoW!!! awesome awesome MJ- im most jealous - congrats-- and ACE- job- as Always bro! nice blues on the stems and caps- must be Potent

you seen my copez and cubez post? if not you really should- let me know what you think-- i need some ID help on a few of them--

Edited by cube428 (11/20/04 10:35 PM)

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Cyans, Stuntzii's and the Cyan Slug and/or Squirrel Shroom Fest [Re: cube428]
    #3392294 - 11/21/04 05:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Those bottom ones kinda look like these i found up in North GA.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Cyans, Stuntzii's and the Cyan Slug and/or Squirrel Shroom Fest [Re: cube428]
    #3392297 - 11/21/04 05:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

very nice photos MJ! i always enjoy your photos!
"NEed to go to aAmsterdam and get some smart pills." this made me laugh :grin: :grin: :grin:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Cyans, Stuntzii's and the Cyan Slug and/or Squirrel Shroom Fest [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3392468 - 11/21/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Can anyone kill time? shrooms can do it...

No but they distort time. a minute could be an hour and three hours could seem like ten minutes.

mj

InvisibleBorealis
Riverdog

Loc: PNW
Re: Cyans, Stuntzii's and the Cyan Slug and/or Squirrel Shroom Fest [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3392976 - 11/21/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hi MJ,
Nice pics. I just happen to know that exact nemataloma patch. :smirk:

--------------------
Freedom of information... act.

Chasing Sunsets.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Cyans, Stuntzii's and the Cyan Slug and/or Squirrel Shroom Fest [Re: Borealis]
    #3393302 - 11/21/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes Borealis,

It has totally been destroyed by pinner pickers.

Have a shroomy day

OfflineSinisteruproar
Killer
    #3395498 - 11/22/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

MJ ive always wondered. u find tons of mushrooms so u must hunt because u love to do it, but what do you do with the tons and tons of mushrooms u find everyday.

--------------------
Im the Neck Cutta And im 2 blocks away

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Cyans, Stuntzii's and the Cyan Slug and/or Squirrel Shroom Fest [Re: Sinisteruproar]
    #3395616 - 11/22/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If I found tons of mushrooms I would be the richi est man in the world. Just because I photograph a lot of mushrooms does not mean I pick or have a lot of mushroms. i don't. I do collect shrooms in soutrheast asia for research. Discovered several new species. Several papers are being prepared, including DNA sequencing, comparative chemical analysis of several species and cultivation of the same as well as SEM ophotos, some of which I already posted here since this August.

many shrooms go to university herbariums or to other research institutes for herbarium deposit so that others may study the many different aspects of the nature of the psilocybian complex.

One Doctor has already renamed several of the 42 known species of Psilocybe from Mexico which are used ceremoniously. He named them from his DNA sequencing as the genus "Psychedelia." MAny mycologist disagree with this renaming of only the Mexicna arieties of the genera.

mj

Offlinecosmicsea
Stranger

#3399569 - 11/23/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

very cool.

the second to last photo of the chewed up mushrooms is very psychedelic. the shape of the mushroom really gets me.

psychedelia is a weird name for science, ? well i have heard some late sixties mexican psychedelic bands from the internet, that was interesting.

peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom