Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Better than martha
    #3372163 - 11/16/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Here is pictures of the greenhouse AFOAF has built. The total cost was under $100. You can pickup the structure right here ready to go, http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/s...20&R=404720 I am extremly satisfied with the retailer as well as the product. Its the same price as martha but comes with all the shelvings and such. Check out the pictures.

A peek inside the closet

The ultra sonic

The Timers

The hose intake into the greenhouse

Caliber 2 hygrometer providing accurate measurements.

The coolmist

Let me know what you guys think, I hope I can help out many new persons.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRRhoads
chemistry student
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: cahleeforneeah
Re: Better than martha [Re: derx]
    #3372182 - 11/16/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Is the bottom of that thing sealed?

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: Better than martha [Re: RRhoads]
    #3372195 - 11/16/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When you buy the unit it does not have a bottom. I had a giant roll of 4 mil thick plastic sheeting for use with straw, I made my own bottom and attached it in under 10 minutes. The bottom is totally sealed all the way around except from zipper to zipper which is the door. This provides enough air to escape.

Note: Sorry for the shitty pic of the whole unit. The lighting that is on a timer is 3 seperate flourecent lights from meijer. They came in a 3 pack for $21. They are 8w each (very efficient) and can be piggy backed for power (like christmas lights)

--------------------

OfflineLife_of_a_Cell
Male
Re: Better than martha [Re: derx]
    #3372508 - 11/17/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yah the Northern Tools greenhouses are sweet and pretty easy to set up. I just put mine together tonight, though I can only use it for edibles, would be a sweet environment for psilly friends. Those are phoenix oyster in the picture and I should have some shiitake coming soon. Anyway, I think those greenhouses are good because you don't need to make your own shelving system like you would with a martha, but like you pointed out there's no bottom on it.

Could I ask a question? Ultrasonic is on 5 minutes every 2 hours, tomorrow I'll hook up a coolmist and grab a hygrometer to see if I hsould tweek the schedule. What kind of cycles are you using for humidity?

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: Better than martha [Re: Life_of_a_Cell]
    #3372521 - 11/17/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Is it 30$ plus shipping?

Edit: Guess I could've figured that out for myself.

16$ shipping to me. So 46$ total... Hmm... Not sure if it's worth it.

A Martha is only 25$. I'd have to figure out how much shelving would be, and weigh whether having to rig it myself or not is worth any savings. It very well may not be.. I hate ghetto setups.

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Better than martha [Re: discman1]
    #3372726 - 11/17/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It seems like a descent deal. I decided to make a Martha around the shelves instead of making shelves in a Martha. I paid $30-35 for my shelving and another $10 for the plastic sheeting.

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Better than martha [Re: discman1]
    #3372817 - 11/17/04 03:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Go to big lots. You can buy the whole greenhouse with shelves for 19 bucks.
I like that they are clear but the plastic on them tore to easy for me. Half the time I wake up with one of the cats sleeping on top of it he jumps on top and crashes out. When I did the green house he went right threw and I had to fish my humidified cat out of it. I also don't like the zipper opening from the bottom (just a me thing).
The slanted roof on it is a great benifit though preventing dripping on the casings.

Now the pic I saw just a little suggestion. Mount the outlet for the ultrasonic right over the outlet for the cool mist. The reason is the fog from the ultrasonic will drop into the cool mist airstream and mix thruoghout the chamber better. (way way way better) Also if the cool mist is below the outlet going into the unit it won't puddle inside the chamber as much. (if your even seeing anything like that.  :wink:

Now for anybody who is nuts about contams. Put your humidifiers in filter boxes that way the air is cleaned before it even reaches the humidifier and removing contams isn't left up to some shitty filter that comes with it.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: Better than martha [Re: Magash]
    #3372954 - 11/17/04 06:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

cool mist is 24/7, ultrasonic is 15 every 2 hours. My timer is only by 15 minute blocks.
Magash: the reason the hosing is so weird looking going in is because there is like 3 inches between the wall of closet and the greenhouse. The coolmist is above the green house and the ultra sonic is below the coolmist, so they have to go around each other to do it like you said. But that is how it's setup. Thanks for your idea.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates