Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
An easy Wood lovers Tek * 1
    #3370866 - 11/16/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just did this over the last week and it seems to work good. Assuming you have spores, hardwood, and honey/ corn syrup/malt/etc you can do this.
1.Boil or sterilize you wood in water.
2.Boil up some honey water or your favorite sugar water spore germinating solution.
3. place a drop of this solution on the wood chip you wish to inoculate.
4. drop some spores on the damp area.
5. cover with plastic wrap and keep an eye on it.

It will germinate and immediately start eating away at the wood. No isolation needed. Once this piece of wood is colonized you can use it to inoculate more wood.
This is a rough draft of this tek and pics will be added later. It works great and with no contams

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: An easy Wood lovers Tek [Re: tahoe]
    #3370930 - 11/16/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My kids are trying a similar method using cardboard.

They simply dissolved a small amount of honey(They didn't measure it...maybe a teaspoon full) in hot water and then soaked some inch square cardboard pieces in the solution.

They then loaded this into a half-pint jar and PCed it for 1 hour.

After it was cooled, they inoculated it from a spore print with Ps. Azurescens.

Once colonization is complete, they plan to spawn to wood chips.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: An easy Wood lovers Tek [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3370974 - 11/16/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

YOU STOLE MY FRIGGIN IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

i posted it like 1.5 months ago.

i was planning on getting quart jars, filling them with wood and KARO juice, then sterilizing and innoculating, wait till it gets murky, give it 4 days. then take out the chips and let them incubate.

but ur tek worked good?

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: An easy Wood lovers Tek [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3371006 - 11/16/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thats funny, i stole yor idea. Its cool. it works good. Just give the spores enough sugar to germinate.

Speaking of stealin teks. I came up with the dunk tek 10 years ago. I took it from reading about shittake farms where they soak the logs after it flushes. I wish i got credit for that.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#3371011 - 11/16/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Tahoe says theirs worked.

I started mine today, so I won't know for at least a few days if it will even germinate. It should, though, because I've read that people have even got spores to germinate on plain cardboard(without suplimental nutrients). Extra nutes will help speed up the growth, but also increases the chances for contams. I'm optimistic that even if contams do show up, the azure mycelium will pull through and eat it up.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3371025 - 11/16/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lol.

u hav credit for it in my books...

why not use my way though? or at least use a straight liquid myc. culture. then u can just bypass spores and work faster.

what wood lover u growing, cyans(judging by ur signature)?

im prolly gonna try this Tek out in january. question: how quickly does the myc. take root and begin really colonizing?

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

- Baby Hitler

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3371140 - 11/16/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

4hodmt said:
lol.

u hav credit for it in my books...

why not use my way though? or at least use a straight liquid myc. culture. then u can just bypass spores and work faster.

Cyans, azures, fibs, just getting chips ready. As for using liquid mycel, that works great also. I have 1/4 gallon of cyan mycelium that use a spray bottle to squirt it into wood chips while hiking. It should work. But its one more step for people who arent fimilar with sterile teks.
On the sprayer note, i want to make 2 gallons of it and through it in a pump sprayer and spary it throughout the lawns in my neighborhood.

Offlinedjred

#3371155 - 11/16/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ya know i have some old wod logs for like landscaping and they grow these mushrooms that have bell caps on them? they are brown but kinda small i wonder what they are and how can i post a pic of these guys? they grow right off the wood logs the logs are rotted so damn old i see them all the time now that its cold.they have a very light brown /tan kinda look im in stlouis so i don't think they are of any value besides just looking.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: An easy Wood lovers Tek [Re: djred]
    #3371203 - 11/16/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

def. get a pic.

azures are ligght brown/gold/tan and grow off wood and grow in the cold.

probably right about now in st louis.

def. get a look at them. do they bruise blue?

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offlinedjred

#3371214 - 11/16/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

never tried to check but they are so small though like little brown shrooms you find in the cow patties.i will go check as we speak,going outside to go look right in the front yard..not to much trouble..

Offlinedjred

Re: An easy Wood lovers Tek [Re: djred]
    #3371241 - 11/16/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok went to go look at my shroomies i thnk they are just ordinary shrooms but you can see the myc growing alll over isndie the wood kinda neat wonders if i could collect it and spawn it to some more wood ..just to have them grow..

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: An easy Wood lovers Tek [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3371833 - 11/16/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When PCing cardboard or wood soaked in honey water, do you need to worry about carmelization? An hour seems kinda long for honey, but, does the cardboard prevent it from carmelizing? Thanks!

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinefungophiliac
militantpacifist
 User Gallery
Loc: yo mama
    #3372295 - 11/17/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
thats funny, i stole yor idea. Its cool. it works good. Just give the spores enough sugar to germinate.

Speaking of stealin teks. I came up with the dunk tek 10 years ago. I took it from reading about shittake farms where they soak the logs after it flushes. I wish i got credit for that.

you "stole it" AFTER you read about it??
"my brain's bleeding" too much cognitive dissonace i guess

--------------------
why are there so many more horses asses than there are horses?

if you can't duck it, fuck it.
-the makers of duck tape

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: An easy Wood lovers Tek [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3372983 - 11/17/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GnuBobo said:
When PCing cardboard or wood soaked in honey water, do you need to worry about carmelization? An hour seems kinda long for honey, but, does the cardboard prevent it from carmelizing? Thanks!

GB

I don't know. I didn't notice anything but then again I don't see how I could as the honey is soaked into the cardboard. Plus, I didn't use but a very small portion of honey. I just barely wanted the honey to coat the cardboard so that it would give the myc a boost.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds