Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe Wanderer
Hunting in Miiddle Tn.
    #337041 - 06/07/01 11:52 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone that is an experienced shroom hunter in tennessee, I would appreciate any advice you can give me. I know that pan subbs are hot right now. I will be looking for them this weekend. What other species are available and easy to find. Do we get cubies in Tenn.
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohnson
Stranger
Re: Hunting in Miiddle Tn. [Re: The Wanderer]
    #337059 - 06/07/01 12:13 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I also live in tn (east) and would appreciate advice on what to look for. I'm headed to a horse field at about 4 in the morning - the weather has been great for hunting. From all the talk on the board it seems like I might stumble on a few if not many Pan. subbs. Any tips?

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Hunting in Miiddle Tn. [Re: Johnson]
    #337090 - 06/07/01 02:13 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

You may run into Pan Subbs aye..I've found LOADS of them around the cow fields. Most seemed to be growing in the beaten up cowshit/straw laden areas around the feeding areas and fence lines rather than straight out of manure...though I did find a few in patties. They didn't seem to like it out in the open and alot fo them were hiding in tall grass. Yesterday when I looked the numbers of them had dwindled, but the rains we got today should really bring them out again. To answer Wanderer I haven't seen Cubensis anywhere as yet...they may like it a little warmer than it's been lately in TN...that's not to say you won't find any...they just might not be around where I'm located as yet.

"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."

--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

OfflineThe Wanderer
Re: Hunting in Miiddle Tn. [Re: Great_Cthulhu]
    #337202 - 06/07/01 05:08 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Are you saying that cubensis mushrooms can be found in Tennessee, but probably when it gets warmer?

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Hunting in Miiddle Tn. [Re: The Wanderer]
    #337251 - 06/07/01 06:10 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Aye I believe that cubensis grows in Tennessee I just have not ran across any as yet this year yet. It may take a bit warmer weather for them to come out...we've had more spring-like weather in May and up until now this year...upper 70's lower 80's daytime..50's at night...sometimes lower. Cubensis requires a bit higher temps to grow I believe. Then again I may just be checking bad fields(good fields for Paneolous Subbalteatus). I'd be checking for Cubes now though since the temps are getting higher/hot now finally. This seems to be a good year for mushrooms..I've never seen so many. Perhaps due to all the rains we've had..which we didn't have the last couple years around this time.

--------------------
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate