Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Some Tuesday Morning Cyans to Gaze Upon
    #3369965 - 11/16/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well call me the kid with the frozen feet. I apologize, I hate wearing socks and 4/5s of the year i wear tongs, or as some people call them, Flip-Flops.. One foot wears a John Kerry Flip-Flop and the other foot wears a George Bush Flip-Floppy.

Anyway, here are a few images of this mornings delight, just sitting where they were minding their own business and I came along to greet them and then for some strange reason, the sun appeared.

btw. These are from several different patches at different locations apart from each other and afew are from just one place.

In this nesxt image, I did not pose anything. I found this exactly as you see it. Someone was there before me picking or yesterday and left opne along side of the small grouping. the blue was so pretty so i did not touch it up with the photo adjust on my computer. Noticed y how curled the stem of the bluing shroom is from the cap.

There were many open fruitings like the one below. Notice the 2nd shroom on the bottom left has a tinge of purple-brown spore color showing on the top of the cap. Probably had a bigger shroom over a smallerone which someone else picked.

In the image below, I was having fogging problems with my glasses and I cropped off the left side of the shrooms. Sure is a shame, that was such a perfect image before i accidently saved the wrong cropped copy.

The two on the left chopped in half were very attractive shrooms. To the eye that is.

Another grouping in a very open place where anyone could see it. And a lot of Feet traffic going on. One English lady ask about buying a good book on mushrooms. She was from South Africa from the U of Natal in Pretoria. And likes edible mushrooms. She talked to me about the Titanicus termite mushroom which gets caps witht he diameter of two to three feet. Grown by termites.

She said someone told her to buy Daniel Stuntz' book on the Savory Wild mushroom with Margeret Mcinney,

Of course it is more of a book on what edible shrooms are good to prepare.

I told her of David Arora and the Audubon Field Guide.

So here are the mushrooms which were at the Seattle U.

From another location in the north of the city. These guys were hiding in grasses and were about so slimy you would have thought a few were rotting Coprinus.

One healthy one. The stems were okay but the capps were soaked from the wetness of the night.

And here is a scene. I left hundreds and hundreds of thesee fellows to grow a few more inches. I hope they are still there on Sunday when i return to the sound of my mind.

And have a shroomy day,

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
Re: Some Tuesday Morning Cyans to Gaze Upon [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3371621 - 11/16/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Lawn cyans are certainly a site to behold, something about the way they wave.

I have the Savory Wild Mushroom, and damn that lady has some good recipees.

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Some Tuesday Morning Cyans to Gaze Upon [Re: SweetLeaf]
    #3371717 - 11/16/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The cyans in those imaegs are not lawn cyans.. They are growing in mulch which has grass seed spread into the topsoil, and the shrooms grow from the mulch where the grass is.

Lawn cyans grow outward from a mulched bed away from the perimeter of the mulch into the lawn, usually the result of lawnmowers running their mowers around the edges of mulched beds in grassy areas.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures