Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSocrates
Ownsberry West
Male User Gallery

Loc: ILLINOIS
Nylon?
    #3360659 - 11/14/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What about iseing nylon as a caseing layer? Its made from drawn wood fibers. It would be a cheap autoclavable non-contam supporting caseing layber. I think, if it worked... A "Non-contam" Supporting TEK could be drawn up from all the other TEKs, Such as the water crystal tek.

Also, about the nylon... It might be good to use like, a hole punch on a few parts. To give it some ventalation... That would depend on the "tightness" of the weave I suppose. Well, Id love to hear what you think!

--------------------
And I quote.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSocrates
Ownsberry West
Male User Gallery

Loc: ILLINOIS
Re: Nylon? [Re: Socrates]
    #3362764 - 11/15/04 03:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry about the double post, but I was also thinking you could weaken the nylon and make it more easily broken down... Maybe a ruffing up by a piece of metal or something.

I also had an idea of putting uncooked spaghetti noodles running through my jars before they are autoclaved. Like, maybe 8, in a circle, running down the length of the jar. My though is, once its autoclaved, it will be pretty well cooked. And would allow my faster myc colonization. What do you think?

--------------------
And I quote.

Anonymous

Re: Nylon? [Re: Socrates]
    #3362918 - 11/15/04 05:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the nylon I think is a waste of time unless you want to waste time and experiment (which is good but not logical).
coco coir and vermiculite are none nutrishous so thats no factor.
the spgetti thing sounds like a good idea but use something that wont brake down like wire.
I think that might speed things up.
Like putting wire through the whole cake and sterilizing ect....
sounds like a good experiment

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag