Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Cake pinset(picture) Let's talk about harvest timing, too
    #3354680 - 11/13/04 04:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I thought I'd share this with you guys since there was so many people are having a hard time understand how to decide when to harvest.

You have to decide when to harvest by doing cost/benefit(aks pros/cons) analysis. I've covered a lot of threads and preached same things over and over again. Benefits of harvesting early are no wasted nutes on sporation, no mess from spores, satisfying IFS(itchy finger syndrome). Benefits of harvesting all at once are able to dunk/roll again and drying cycle would be same for the entire harvest. Note that there is no potency mentioned in either, because once sporation begins, bulk doesn't increase noticeably, therefore neglegible potency is lost by waiting.

This is a fairly decent pinset for BU cakes... There are definitely a lot of smaller ones that popped up you can't see from this angle, so I just put this PMP in fruiting light cycle(3min on, 2hr 57min off). I'm not unhappy with all the cakes, just a few. They lagged a bit too much and I had to start adding bulk before all the even pinset was set on all cakes.

Just like deciding when to harvest I had to make a decision. In this case, I decided adding bulk to exisiting ones were better than to wait for a better pinset.

Anyways.. the pic(BTW, this pic is just a bait to get you guys to read the whole thread)

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Edited by Sam1912 (11/13/04 05:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: soso pinset(picture) [Re: Sam1912]
    #3354711 - 11/13/04 04:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, btw, aside from the ovious one, what I mean by pinset includes those tiny ones all around. There's about 20-30 small pins on each cake I was waiting for.

If I picked as they came up, I'd be hurting a lot more than helping. I'd probably end up waiting 2-3 days after the first mushroom drops the spores before harvesting. That one in the top middle is fastest right now.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineboondox_saint
Stranger
Re: soso pinset(picture) [Re: Sam1912]
    #10707012 - 07/19/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

so when someone harvests mushrooms, should they pick the little aborted pinhead off as well?? Will the aborts be as good as the full grown mushrooms or are they a waste to even eat?

Edited by boondox_saint (07/19/09 11:32 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,397 topic views. 9 members, 83 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 12 queries.