Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
to dunk or not to dunk?
    #3353415 - 11/12/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

alright ive gotten soooooooo many conflicting opinions on this i am thoroughly confused
when i case with brf do i dunk and cold shock or not,
when i case with popcorn do i dunk or cold shock or anything

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: to dunk or not to dunk? [Re: zxsevinr]
    #3353496 - 11/12/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

THe brf cakes you usually don't have to dunk until after the first flush b/c its kind of dry from the mushrooms depriving it of water. Some people like to dunk before the 1st flush b/c they think x-tra water and the cold-shock will inprove the flush, i usualy do the first b/c they don't seem to do any diffent for me. If your going to case then dunk before and then break it up and use it...Popcorn spawn....never used it so i don't wanna lead you in the wrong direction with that one...But Gl and i hope you find what you're lookin for

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: to dunk or not to dunk? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3353608 - 11/12/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

always dunk IMO

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
Re: to dunk or not to dunk? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3355666 - 11/13/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thats exacary what im talkin about two different opinions could i have a few more please

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #3356256 - 11/13/04 03:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've never dunked a cake and I've never rolled a cake. I can see the benifits though.

I've had dry ass casing that when submerged in water overnight and then rebirthed started fruiting again.

I've noticed that with cakes, the pins love something to start from. They like to start near the exposed verm for some reason. Someone recently said that it was because the mycelium gets scraped and initiated fruiting because it thinks it been traumatized. All I know is, I rarely get pins on nice flat mycelium.

As for when to dunk, I think post first flush is a good idea because I like to get mushies ASAP. The cakes usually have enough water to give me at least SOME from birth. Then after first harvest I think it's a good idea to rehydrate for a healthy second harvest.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: to dunk or not to dunk? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3356461 - 11/13/04 04:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Someone posted some pics of a couple of cakes side by side with mushrooms growing. Half had been dunked before the first flush, half had not. The ones that were dunked had mushrooms that were about twice the size as the ones that weren't. Now I don't know what the verdict on cases are, bunk I do know it won't hurt to dunk them. As far as shocking goes, from what I've read is that shocking spurs the myc into thinking it's time to fruit. That being said, it doesn't make sense to shock it if your going to put it back into the dark and grow more myc. Now, that being said, I've also shocked some cakes as well as just dunked a few for my first grow. I haven't seen any difference in the amount of time it took the cakes to pin. Keep in mind I'm a real newbie, but I was asking the same questions a little while back. What you see here is a little summary of what I was able to put together from the answers I was given.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
Re: to dunk or not to dunk? [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3356509 - 11/13/04 04:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah it seems like some here think im talking bout cakes

--------------------

InvisibleSearch59
Yet anotherhobby for me.

#3356720 - 11/13/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Heres proof that dunking allows more water to be held in the cake, right at birthing.

Weigh cake right when birthing out of jar.
Then dunk for 12-24 hours.
Then weigh cake again, and you will see more weight.

(also when the cake gets submerged for the first time, you will most likely see large bubbling comming from the cake. (indicating that the core has air in it.)

make sure your dunk water is 90% water and 10%(hydrogen peroxide-3%)

This shows even right out the jar, the cake has the ability to take on more water.

--------------------
The only beneficiaries of Prohibition were bootleggers(drug makers), crime bosses(drug pushers), and the forces of big government(DEA).
(wheres the benefit for the consumer?)

You gotta check this out.
http://www.di.fm/mp3/chillout96k.pls

Ride the wave of the mellow fractal rainbow!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix