Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
PmP Geolite vs Perlite
    #3346210 - 11/11/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What will work better in the PmP Geolite or Perlite?

There will be an aquarium heater in the water @ the bottom to keep temp @ constant 72F.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: PmP Geolite vs Perlite [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3346223 - 11/11/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

geolite but perlite is about 5 dollars cheaper. perlite works but you need to change it out or at least clean it every few grows, and geolite last forever and is more easily cleaned and tend not to clog the holes in the bubble wand like the perlite does.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: PmP Geolite vs Perlite [Re: KyKid]
    #3346277 - 11/11/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks m8 then Ill stick to my geolite plan. i also noticed Perlite is cheaper, the mean raison I asked...

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3346321 - 11/11/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've have perlite in mt PMP. Its 8 months old and does have a few spores spread around on it. When water is needed I add a little h2o2.
Before and after grows spray with 91% isopropyl alcohol.Been working so for.

Peace
KK

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: PmP Geolite vs Perlite [Re: KaptKid]
    #3346347 - 11/11/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Geolite is definately much cleaner, it also depends on whether youre using casings or cakes. You can place cakes right on geolite, maybe with a little verm...not so much with perlite. I must say perlite is a superior product for humidity on its own, but with pmp equipment, its more trouble then it is worth.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: PmP Geolite vs Perlite [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3346501 - 11/11/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i to use perlite but its becuase i have switched to casing and it seems to work better for my need and does raise the rh to optimal for casing with out running the air pump but i do have to fan, now i actually have a air pump running again and its been doing fine in perlite but i have large airstones instead of bubble wands so there no hole to clog up.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: PmP Geolite vs Perlite [Re: KaptKid]
    #3346775 - 11/11/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey kids! :lol:

I will be using cakes, this is my first grow. But in my first grow I will also attempt some casings.
Like KK I have an airpump with two 7-inch airstones. Hope that will be enough to keep a good RH.

I dont really know what is best now both opinions sound good, I guess I stick to my plan, which is geolite. In the future I might try perlite as well. But only after my 100 liter bag of geolite is finished.. :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3346928 - 11/11/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if you got the money geolite is better, just follow the pmp tek to the t and youll have a great fruiting chamber for both cakes and casings, the humidity will be a little high for the casings but i dont see that hurting them to much.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3346979 - 11/11/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

is the air that is being pumped into the pmp by the bubblers considered sterile because it is bubbleing through h202? im wondering cause i have a huge contam problem because my grow op is in the basement, and cannot be put anywere else. the mold in the basement fucks over 90% of my caseings. i need a way to get sterile air in my box without ever opening my chamber!

and the bubbler idea is awesome cause it causes positive pressure inside the pmp, not allowing air to just drift in on its own. i need this sort of set up.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3347004 - 11/11/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

anyone ever tried holes in the casingcontainers? or am i far out now?
or make some xtra holes in the pmp?

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: PmP Geolite vs Perlite [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3347021 - 11/11/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you can by in-line filters at the pet store, also you can make one your self with a 12 oz coke bottle just stuff it full of pollyfil and then run a hose from the pump in one end and then another one out the other end and into the pmp and also use h202 in the water to help also.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3347047 - 11/11/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Dont know about sterile air, but, i believe it was Hyphae, put a small sized box with polyfill in between the hoses so the air gets filtered.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3347056 - 11/11/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

and the back-pressure caused by the filter wont burn out the motor?

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3347071 - 11/11/04 02:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nope the pollyfil allows for easy air passage just dont use tyvek in it.

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3347122 - 11/11/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I recommend anything other than perlite unless it's the only thing you can get. Geolite, rocks, broken pottery...

Yes, I use perlite, but I am dissatisfied with it, and am going to switch to geolite ASAP.

1) It's messy
2) It compacts, hindering air pump air flow
3) It's messy

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
is the air that is being pumped into the pmp by the bubblers considered sterile because it is bubbleing through h202? im wondering cause i have a huge contam problem because my grow op is in the basement, and cannot be put anywere else. the mold in the basement fucks over 90% of my caseings. i need a way to get sterile air in my box without ever opening my chamber!

and the bubbler idea is awesome cause it causes positive pressure inside the pmp, not allowing air to just drift in on its own. i need this sort of set up.

No, it isn't considered sterile.

I packaged my air pump up into a vacuum cleaner bag. I was going to use a HEPA bag, but I couldn't justify the cost at the time. I figured that if I had contam problems, I could do it, but I haven't had any contam problems so far, and I wouldn't consider our house clean as far as contams go.

Just stuck it in there, routed the tubes and power cord through the hole.. Used two strips of 1/2" thick weather stripping around the outgoing lines, pressed down and taped tight(but not so tight to pinch the air lines...), plus polyfill infront of that to seal it all up tight.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3347167 - 11/11/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:

Polyfill is often used in aquaria (to filter water actually) but doesnt seem to burn out pump engines.

--------------------

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3347191 - 11/11/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
Quote:

Psychoslut said:

Polyfill is often used in aquaria (to filter water actually) but doesnt seem to burn out pump engines.

Yeah, as long as you don't pack it ultra tight, it won't unless your pump is ultra-cheap.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3347195 - 11/11/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i cant get any geolite, so i figure i will clean some lava rock the best i can, to get dirt and debris off, then pressure cook it, im just gonna fill my pressure cooker with rocks, add 4 inches of water, and pressure cook the hell out of it. you see no probs with that. i cant think of a better way to get clean lava rock.

--------------------

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3347222 - 11/11/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

LOL, clean it and then just bake it in the oven man....

Go all out and nuke it at 350?F for a couple of hours, it will be sterile. Let it cool off for another few hours while still in the oven.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: PmP Geolite vs Perlite [Re: discman1]
    #3347241 - 11/11/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

discman1 said:
Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
Quote:

Psychoslut said:

Yeah, as long as you don't pack it ultra tight, it won't unless your pump is ultra-cheap.

LOl my pump IS ultra cheap (6$ and 240 liters an hour max). It was an bargain, normal price wasnt that high either I believe about 20$.
But untill now I wasnt planning on filtering my air. And arent contams more likely to affect incubated jars more then colonized cakes/casings in the pmp/fruiting chamber?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies