Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals
    #3338116 - 11/09/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What the fuck?

Pharmacists in some areas are refusing to give women the birth control they are prescribed because of their belief that birth control is wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: MOTH]
    #3338162 - 11/09/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

is that legal there?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: kadakuda]
    #3338175 - 11/09/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mississippi enacted a sweeping statute that went into effect in July that allows health care providers, including pharmacists, to not participate in procedures that go against their conscience.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: MOTH]
    #3338224 - 11/09/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:grin:  i should read these things fully not scan...:O

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: kadakuda]
    #3338231 - 11/09/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

damn bible belt...

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: Boom]
    #3338241 - 11/09/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, I was mad at first until I read that the state concerned was Mississippi.  Then I wasn't surprised at all.  :rolleyes:

It's still fucking bullshit though.  If you can't do the job, then move out of the fucking way and let someone else take charge.

Offlinetwigz
stick boy
 User Gallery

Loc: From up in a tree
    #3338243 - 11/09/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

religion=bad thinking=bad we need robots to give us our pills

--------------------
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

#3338264 - 11/09/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Quote:

Mississippi enacted a sweeping statute that went into effect in July that allows health care providers, including pharmacists, to not participate in procedures that go against their conscience.

Man, that is total crap. What if it was in the concience of the doctor to not give someone a prescription because of their skin color or lifestyle? How fucking fair is that? This is a prime example religion and law need to be completely seperate, but then again, it's practically a gaurantee that doctors will practice this regardless of the law.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: Society]
    #3338274 - 11/09/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i know a straight edge pharmacist, that will deny women the morning after pill if they get it too often, not only that he will call around to all of the other pharmacies and tell them not to give it to her too. same thing with repetitive pain killer meds, i.e. vicodin.
hell straight up deny them their medicationand go bitch out the doctor, apparently this is legal?!

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3338298 - 11/09/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This is such bullshit. I maybe could understand about doctors saying no about painkillers/etc. MAYBE...if the person was clearly abusing them or something...

But damn...birth control????

I hope someone called 'Karma' gets one of these doctor's daughters knocked up...hehe

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3338311 - 11/09/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's just ignorant. Do they refuse to sell condoms too?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: MOTH] * 1
    #3338313 - 11/09/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There should be mandatory abortions for everyone in Mississippi.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: silversoul7]
    #3338337 - 11/09/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Discrimination like that should be fucking unheard of. What the hell's wrong with people nowadays? Jeeze louise.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3338354 - 11/09/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i dont know but i would think, even in Mississippi, that its ilelgal to share PRIVATE information about someone with every other pharmacy/doctors office. if that guy was sharing details about my sex life (as it sounds liek it is, hope im wrong) i would be calling the lawyer.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #3338395 - 11/09/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thats ok if they have a baby they can just give it too the pharmacists.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3338434 - 11/09/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"I was shocked," says Lacey, 33, who was not able to get her prescription until the next day and missed taking one of her pills. "Their job is not to regulate what people take or do. It's just to fill the prescription that was ordered by my physician."

Wow such ignorance. No one in this thread understands the context nor the purpose of the law allowing pharmacists to refuse to fill prescriptions.

Although i disagree with pharmacists not giving out pre-conceptual birth control specifically, thats just groundless and stupid.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: d33p]
    #3338499 - 11/09/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Quote:

"I was shocked," says Lacey, 33, who was not able to get her prescription until the next day and missed taking one of her pills. "Their job is not to regulate what people take or do. It's just to fill the prescription that was ordered by my physician."

Wow such ignorance. No one in this thread understands the context nor the purpose of the law allowing pharmacists to refuse to fill prescriptions.

Although i disagree with pharmacists not giving out pre-conceptual birth control specifically, thats just groundless and stupid.

Then share your knowlege; what is the context and purpose we're missing?

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: phi1618]
    #3338587 - 11/09/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i believe the big deal is the fact its birth control. and that the one pharmacist was telling others nto to fill a certain persons perscritpions. that really gets me red. if i had to decide whether i agreed with that law based on that article i do disagree with it. but i dont know the actuall law. im certainly against not allowing birth control, and many other medications.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: phi1618]
    #3338606 - 11/09/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Pharmacy is not some simple profession anyone who can count pills can enter into.

To practice pharmacy, a license is required. Licensure requires graduation from an accredited pharmacy degree program, passage of a State board examination, possession of a specified amount of practical experience, or an internship under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist. Internships generally are served in a community or hospital pharmacy.

At least five years of study beyond high school are required to graduate from one of the degree programs accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education. Five years are needed to obtain a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree, the degrees received by most graduates. Depending upon a student's educational background, six or seven years are required for a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.

They supply and advise people on the use of non-prescription medicines. Pharmacists must understand the, composition, and effect of drugs and how they are tested for purity and strength. They often maintain patient medication profiles, and advise physicians on the proper selection and use of medicines.

Making a pharmaceutical agent by compounding ingredients to form powders, tablets, capsules, ointments, and solutions is now only a small part of Pharmacists' practice, since most medicines are produced by manufacturers in the required dosage and form.

The practice of pharmacy is a vital part of total health care, requiring today's Pharmacists to be very knowledgeable. Pharmacists use patient profiles to insure that harmful drug interactions do not occur and to monitor patient compliance with the doctor's instructions. Consequently, Pharmacists are playing a more active role as they give more consultations and have more direct contact with patients.

To sum it up pharmacists are the last line of defense between recovery and disaster. If they feel what the doctor has prescribed is not right or unsafe they are obligated to not dispense the medication and follow whatever precedure to find out why the doctor has done what they have. Pharmacists are often much more knowledgable on drugs than doctors as it is their sole job and it is vital to the health care profession that they prevent the taking of harmful medicines.

The law must be in place to ensure safety and the subject of conception is just very iffy. If a pharmacist believes that life begins whens the sperm enters the egg then they would feel as if a life is being taken in the admistration of the morning after pill. It is their duty to prevent that, just as it would be to stop a pregnant woman from taking a pill which would cause a miscarriage. Which is why i said not administering pre-conceptual birth control is groundless and stupid.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: d33p]
    #3338653 - 11/09/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You presume much. While I understand that Pharmacists require considerable professional accreditation and are the "last line of defense" between doctor and patient, there's a world of difference between denying a patient an addictive or dangerous substance, and denying the patient a prescription on moral grounds. How far should a pharmacist go in deciding what's "right" for the patient? Should the pharmacist go so far as to try to impose his/her moral code on another? This is what bothers me about this whole situation...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale