Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegazzifx
journeyman
Loc: Canada
Stop a bad trip
    #333517 - 06/03/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hay can you people give me some good ways to stop a bad trip. I haven't triped before but im going to soon and i just need to know hnow how to stop a bad trip because i don't want my first trip to be a shitty ass hell. Thanks!

--------------------
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Fuck hugs, do drugs!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: Stop a bad trip [Re: gazzifx]
    #333622 - 06/03/01 11:49 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well first of all, don't fight the trip. Just relax take a few deap breathes as you feel it comming on and let the trip take you where it may. If you do freak out either have a friend that can talk to you and help you out of it by showing you the beauty in the trip and not the evil that you are seeing. I had a friend that used to carry bubbles when ever he tripped. When he started to have a bad trip he would just start to blow bubbles. Because it takes so much concnetration to blow bubbles while tripping, it would take his mind of of it. So just have somethinglike that which will help you to take your mind off the situation.

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #333844 - 06/04/01 07:09 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

scrip antipsychotics (thorazine, etc)
scrip tranx (valium, etc)
otc antihistamines may help a bit
otc vitamin : NIACINAMIDE (a vit B3 derivative)
calming herbs like chamomile, valerian, kava, etc...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineGuyute
addict

Re: Stop a bad trip [Re: gnrm23]
    #334212 - 06/04/01 04:04 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I would not encourage the use of herbs to calm a trip personally... it is hard to tell which will enhance the trip and which will not... personally I have had weird experienced with kava kava and LSD... and careful to stay away from the passionflower if you are trying to calm down as it is a mild MAOI (but anyone who has drank potent passionflower tea to enhance a trip will tell you its not all that mild :-) It is best to ride the trip out, because aborting a trip with antipsychotics can do terrible damage to your brain if you are not careful (not to meantion the outrageous side effects)... I have never tried valium or other benzos, but I hear they work nicely...

You Enjoy Myself

--------------------
The army's on ecstasy... so they say... I read all about it in the USA Today...
They stepped up urine testing, to make it go away... because its hard to
kill the enemy on ol' MDMA. -Oysterhead
You Enjoy Myself -Phish

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
    #334616 - 06/04/01 10:24 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Valium works very nicely to calm your CNS and kind of abort the trip, and allow you to sleep.... but I have lately come across another benzo, called nitrazepam, goes under the name Mogadon, Hypnoril, or Nitrovet... it is like valium but stronger. I took some AMT, which normally lasts about 15 hours. After about the 6th hour, the peak was gone, and I took 10mg Nitrazepam, and had some herb, and actually fell asleep on the couch, which is like unheard of 6 hours into an AMT trip. I am not suggesting mixing chemicals which may or may not have been researched for interactions, but as far as I know, benzos and tryptamines/phenethylamines are safe together.

//sananaB cinataS tronS I//

--------------------

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
Re: Stop a bad trip [Re: zeuzjuz]
    #334618 - 06/04/01 10:25 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Another method is to take 10mg valium or nitrazepam BEFORE the trip, and after the peak you will be a little sleepy and the trip will kind of dwindle away, leaving you sleepy.

--------------------

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #335068 - 06/05/01 10:06 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

you damn polytoxiheads ;)

I think that abording trips is not good..I think you have to ride it out....

change places...change the energie..damn you gotta learn the art..bad feelings are a part of it..

if a really hard wind catches you either transform it into good energy or just accept it...just let it flow..
whispering some tunes, singing a song can help..dancing is good..drumming.
you can change the colour of the energy anytime..
remember its your dream..

damn I'm talking weird shit
but you'll see..it is basically like sex..you'll do it the first time but it feels like you allways knew how to do it..

welcome

I think the word bad trip is confusing..almost everry trip has confusing, annoying, scary parts and feelings... thats normal..and it is even better.to see the light when you come out of the dark
when the clouds of the battle tear away..and you see the night..clear and dark..the contrasts sharp..the stars shining..you open your eyes and you know your at home :)

ahh.....I just love to ride storms...

TribesofGomorra
Das deutschsprachige Z?chterforum
you haven't understood this? you don't have an ???? on your keyboard, huh ?

Edited by Prellgott on 06/05/01 12:11 PM.

--------------------
i'm back

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #335081 - 06/05/01 10:13 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

just felt like posting this :)

TribesofGomorra
Das deutschsprachige Z?chterforum
you haven't understood this? you don't have an ???? on your keyboard, huh ?

Edited by Prellgott on 06/05/01 12:14 PM.

--------------------
i'm back

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
Re: Stop a bad trip [Re: Prellgott]
    #335090 - 06/05/01 10:18 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Holy Shit! Neat pic dude!

As far as the earlier conversation was going, I was not suggesting to always abort a trip with valium or some other depressant. When he said a 'bad trip', I am just suggesting ways to abort a REALLY bad trip. I agree you should ride it out and learn to experience the whole process, but for some newer psychedelic users, there really is such a thing as a bad trip, especially with people that are not mentally ready for this kind of thing. And in that situation, if the bad trip becomes dangerously bad, I think it is ok to try to abort the trip.

--------------------

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: Stop a bad trip [Re: Prellgott]
    #335380 - 06/05/01 05:13 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

WOah! that's a FKLXING awesome pic! woowoo!

Is adult entertainment killing our children? Or is killing our children entertaining adults? -Marilyn Manson

Offline'Pulse
enthusiast

#335432 - 06/05/01 06:01 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

When you trip make sure you have a place that is comfortable to you and you feel very safe in even though you might not stay there during the trip, just make sure its available to you. Then if you feel like your having a bad trip or things aren't going right, go back to the place where you feel safe and you will be able to regain control again.

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #339822 - 06/13/01 08:19 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, if you are afraid of bad trips -- DON'T TRIP. Being afraid of a bad trips is the worst trip possible! Don't listen to those who suggest more chemicals to stop a trip, cause that's like putting on sunglasses when you get scared of driving in an unfamiliar place. Don't listen to those who tell you to trip in a familiar and comfortable place, 'cause if you haven't tripped before you have no way of knowing what's familiar and comfortable while tripping. Stop wasting time thinking about it. If you wanna trip -- go with the flow. My most important lessons came from bad trips.

Good luck.

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
    #341625 - 06/15/01 04:17 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm kind of nervous anyway from long periods of meth& MDMA  abuse. I've since quit everything, but I love the mushrooms to much.
What I do is take very small amounts of GHB before, during & after the trip.It really helps take the edge off and allows the trip to flow smooth.I never had to do this before but it works!

"There is no knowledge without Experience."
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN:cool:

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: Stop a bad trip [Re: badjessejames]
    #342300 - 06/16/01 03:27 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

yow to jesse!
tell me, friend, how come you didn't write in http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum5&Number=97463&page=&view=&sb=&part=2&vc=1 ??
see, what you described is what i thought it would be like. just really taking everything you see with ease. tell me more, me wanna know! how many grams na-ghb are you taking when tripping?
spill

OfflineWeardo

Re: Stop a bad trip [Re: ykk]
    #343901 - 06/18/01 08:44 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I find that watching TV, especially funny stuff, calms your mind if it's wandering into undesirable territory, as well as distracts you. Unless you took a ton of mushrooms, then you're going to have to do something different. I think everyone has to have one bad trip, how will you ever learn anything without having one? But I guess bad is relative...I've had emotionally disturbing trips, but I've never tried jumping off a building or anything.

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Stop a bad trip [Re: Weardo]
    #344095 - 06/19/01 12:40 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

ya funny TV really can help (or movies which i prefer: Dazed and Confused is a good upper for the Come Up) though when i was on DXM and hating the shit and freaking out i turned the TV on to see what was up. first i couldnt change the channels i had no fucking idea how so the entire time i was on the infomercial channel flippin out and i barely noticed it was the infomercial channel so i just tried to "watch" it. i got angry because i saw all these happy actors and extras who were asleep happy in their beds while i was freaking out in my bed, wishing i was dead and holding a pen to try and maybe kill myself or go to the hospital to get the shit pumped. i have a lot more control on shrooms than DXM, and can convince myself ill be ok. but when i started throwing up all over the bed and i couldnt even feel it going out of my mouth i really got scared that i was gonna die. however throwing up made me feel A LOT better
i cant wait to trip again :P
never DXM EVER AGAIN or any other dissociative for that matter, way too intense

We're all mad here...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea