Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal?
    #3331489 - 11/07/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Did people a thousand years ago have bad trips like we do today? i mean would'nt that be fucked up if it was like the end of the world next week and it turns out everytime we thought the world was ending while tripping it was really God telling us the end is near, or has it always been that way?

I ask this 'cause I REALLY thought the end of the world was last week while tripping, was'nt really a bad trip (i've had worse) but it sure as fuck was'nt "Fun".

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Edited by JCoke (11/07/04 09:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: JCoke]
    #3331513 - 11/07/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's important to not take these kinds of things too literally. For example, dreams of disasters usually represent a new beginning in ones life. Of course change usually represents a catastrophe to the ego and that ain't bad. Throughout history people have forseen the "End of the World" in their dreams, while tripping, in all different ways and it has never happened. Odds are it isn't happening now either.

Take a long, hard look at yourself and be honest with yourself as to what you can remove that is inhibiting your spiritual growth.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: Jellric]
    #3331549 - 11/07/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yea, that's the way i've always looked at it before, it's just been so long since I tripped and really thought the world was ending, i like that though, it had a strange familiar feeling, like deja vu.

--------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3331557 - 11/07/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have had over 400 trips of various types(LSD, shrooms, ayahuasca, peyote, san pedro) and I have never had a bad trip. If you are experiencing this you are using improper set and setting, and are not psychologically prepared for it.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3331569 - 11/07/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's normal. Bad trips happen. Find a setting, time of the day, and dosage you can become familiar and comfortable with. Once you become used to the weird and awkward world shrooms send you to, expand you settings and experiment with whatever you think you could be comforable with.

Shroom on man, mushrooms are truly a blessing and will teach you many many good things! :shroomer: :rasta:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: vc77]
    #3331579 - 11/07/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have at worst been tense a few times that is it. I have pretty much stuck with high doses as well. My max was 10 grams shrooms and I did 12 150 mcg hits of LSD once. Bad trips are indicative of misuse.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: vc77]
    #3331612 - 11/07/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well i'm not saying i regret tripping, it's nothing like that, i've tripped around 250ish on all sorts of things, really though I think it's the Diphenhydramine i've been playing around with the last couple months thats been making me alot less in control of my shroom trips, anyways i liked the whole trip over all, I really dig the whole being taken for a horror ride feeling on psychedelics...

--------------------

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
    #3332296 - 11/08/04 05:03 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I have had over 400 trips of various types(LSD, shrooms, ayahuasca, peyote, san pedro) and I have never had a bad trip. If you are experiencing this you are using improper set and setting, and are not psychologically prepared for it.

I second this, as i've tripped maybe 200 times on various substances and have yet to have a bad trip. Sometimes when i'm tripping, a friends trip will start to go bad and it'll start to drag me in, but i free myself from all. My ex-girlfriend once exclaimed that the world was ending and that she was dying, and that i should poor water all over her. So i did, and she slapped me asking me wtf i was doing :p Also, what do you mean by world? Earth? Universe/God?

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3332336 - 11/08/04 05:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i have had many bad trips, almost as many as good, yet i still love shrooms, and every bad trip ive had i take full responsibility for my own lack of preperation and poor setting.

As for disasters, well for what its worth i was once SURE that the thought police were coming to take me away for harbouring thoughts of dissent against G. bush. It never happend. So, id say most trip thoughts arent prophetic.

That said, the end of the world as we know it is likely nigh, for good or ill i cannot say

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3347024 - 11/11/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the feelings of dying and the world ending is hardwired into the brain. you can get that feeling during any activity if your amygadala (sp?) goes haywire and turns on independent of actually threatening stimuli.

so i'm guessing some humans have always experianced those kinds of feelings, and unless in the past they specifically barred poeple susceptible to that kind of brain dysfunction, i'm sure lots of shamans experianced the end of the world since the begining.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinethegnomeking
friendly stoner

Loc: New Jersey
    #3347143 - 11/11/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
I think it's the Diphenhydramine i've been playing around with the last couple months

I've had several experiences with diphenhydramine and I can tell you from my experience that will do it, I mean I'm sure there are other contributing factors, but that shit always made me feel angry, paranoid, and almost delusional. I've had the same problem while tripping before, thinking the world was about to end and every single little thing seems to reinforce this beleif. It's a little tough to get over, but what usually helps me is to just say fuck it, if it's gonna come it's gonna come and ther's nothing I can do about it, and this usually helps.

--------------------
1.Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow man.
2.Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.
-Timothy Leary

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3348283 - 11/11/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

On 5 grams, I felt like the universe was collapsing upon itself, but I still wouldn't consider it a bad trip.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3350809 - 11/12/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what is a bad trip?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: Gomp]
    #3351068 - 11/12/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Nope. I was without ego at the time, so the concepts of good and bad didn't exist for me.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #3351099 - 11/12/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

bad trips are good trips in the proper light

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3351267 - 11/12/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

no ego no bad trips?
is there other causes?
again, what is a bad trip?
:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: Gomp]
    #3351277 - 11/12/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

a bad trip is when you view your trip negatively instead of learning from it like you should, after all "bad" and "good" are subjective, everything simply is.
It is an unnecessary emotional polarity charge that humans associate with that experience and in general is counter-productive

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: bad trips and end of the world feelings while tripping, normal? [Re: Shroomism]
    #3351292 - 11/12/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

of course there could be other definitions such as a cataclysmic or destructive visions in a trip, which I don't know how you could just sum up to a 'bad trip'
Normally things of that nature either represent a great cleansing or change taking place, or one that NEEDS to take place.. internally or otherwise.. as death and chaos are simply part of the great cycle of change and evolution. All is one. Ride the wave.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order