Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Gnome_King
journeyman
The infamous 'Blue Meanies'
    #332826 - 06/03/01 01:41 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Where can I find 'Blue Meanies', a famous mushroom in Australia. I live in the Lower Hunter Region, NSW, Australia. The only Psilocybe's I have found so far are Psilocybin Cubensis, and they're bloody hard to find. Only one paddock out of the dozen odd that I have checked regularily have cubies in it and it's an hours drive away. Although that one paddock supplies me and my friends adequetley, it's a pain in the arse to get there, the farmer is getting suspicious and the supply is running out - Is this because winter* is coming on or because it's been over harvested? We always tap the caps of the mushrooms we pick. I was thinking that maybe some other species would be easier to find. Any help much appreciated.

Also I've been finding a lot with small (worm?) holes in them. Does this matter? Does it mean there's a worm/eggs in there? Should I still eat it? For the most part, they look healthy, no sign of parasites apart from the holes.

* Winter in Aus, the temperature ranges between 10 to 20 degrees Celsius.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: The infamous 'Blue Meanies' [Re: The_Gnome_King]
    #333045 - 06/03/01 11:04 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Copelandia cyanescens(blue meanies) can also be found in the same habitat(cow pastures) they can even grow from the same manure pattie. Some fields will not have any magic, some will have cubensis, some will have copelandias, some will have both. It just depends.

About over harvesting, it is a possibility. Thumping caps helps little if at all. The one thing that will help keep your shrooms fruiting, is to cut them at the base, rather than pull them out of the manure. Pulling them damages the mycelia network and can inhibit more fruitings.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: The infamous 'Blue Meanies' [Re: The_Gnome_King]
    #333114 - 06/03/01 01:16 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Go to http://erowid.org and read my bopok "Magic Mushrooms of australia and new Zealand."

Locations are provided and this book has 45 colored photographs of shrooms form Australia. I think the main season is almost over but I know it extends depending on the weather.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate