Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
any glass blowers out there, i need help!
    #3327467 - 11/06/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

which starter kit should i get?
http://www.glasscraftinc.com/product/product_detail.cfm?part_id=167

the above from glass craft for about $500 which has more stuff

or this one from artglass1 www.artglass1.com/kitslg7.htm

this one comes with some saftey glasses "Enhanced Didymium Safety Glasses!" , but im not sure if they are up to standard with what i need, im not going to be doing any fuming, just making some glass pipes with color down the road
i have heard that i need some aurora 203's at the very least, but will the didymium work for me in the beginning? or will i get retinal burn?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (11/06/04 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: any glass blowers out there, i need help! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3327664 - 11/06/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you copy pasted a link with . . . in it.  to really copy links like thjat you gotta right click it and copy link location.

I have no clue about which set.  If u do start maken some glass hook me up with a steamroller :smile:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: any glass blowers out there, i need help! [Re: baraka]
    #3328539 - 11/06/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

dont get the first one, the 3a's mounting system is not as good as the 6b from sundance.. and they give you a bunch of crap that looks like a lot, but it's really not. Dont use the striker, use a bic, trust me on this one, the striker is a waste of time, you have to do it like 5-10 times sometimes if you blow your flame out, and then you get this huge flamethrower coming out, whereas a bic just lights a small flame :wink:

the one from sundance is the exact one we got the first time. call them and ask them to throw in some color rods, cause you were 'recomended' from someone who got that exact kit.. 

make sure to get a pair of shade 5 glasses asap, you can get the clip ons that go on the one's in that kit, for $35 to start, but you want to spend some money on a real pair eventualy.  as long as it says shade 5, your good (you need good lighting)

dont ever buy reamers, just make your own, they are way over priced.

check out http://www.frantzartglass.com/  - this is where i get my glass from, lived 25 miles away (moved now)

YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD VENTALATION SYSTEM

you say no fuming, but trust me, this is the best way to learn,  you need a small amount of silver (frantz sells the cheap silver that works real good $5-7, and you'll almost never run out) just fume, then put clear on and drag, clear is 4-6 a lb, color is 45-55 a lb. you will use much more color trying to learn....

pm me if you want

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies