Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehomebrew

Considering Growning: feedback please
    #332112 - 06/02/01 01:28 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

So I talked to the wife today, and she said, "...sure if thats what you want to do..." (At any rate, I felt I had to preface my plea for advice) I have a couple of questions which arise from lurking here for a while:

My first ? is for feedbacK: I like to trip hard and visually (once did 5 hits of blotter acid and had the best time of my life). Can someone suggest a strain? I am a complete newbee when it comes to growing. I have been lurking and reading the different info. I sometimes see comments like "this is not a visual high, but..." I would like to know what is a reasonable strain for visuals and is ok for a MMGG/PF TEK newbee. I am currently thinking of trying the Thai Koh-Samui strain from Hawkseye. The vedor says that it is potent and reccomended for the beginner. (by potent does that = visual ?)

My other question is for advice: My wife and I both work full time. I see posts about misting and exposing to fresth air/sunlight 3 times a day. IF I undertake this hobby, can I do an AM inspection before my job and again in PM when I come home (usually a 9 - 12 hr day), or will that fuck it up? Can I still get results out of a MMGG/PF Tek without babysitting it 24/7?

All comments welcome and encouraged !!!!

... And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all...
Jefferson Airplane

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Considering Growning: feedback please [Re: homebrew]
    #332142 - 06/02/01 02:41 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

For reference potent does not necessarily mean visual.

If you set the terrarium in an area that receives some sun light that should suffice.  If you are using a humidifier or something of that sort then misting/fanning is not all too critical.  If you are using perlite for humidification you might want to fan once when you leave in the morning and then twice after you get home (once when you get home, once before bed).

Most any strain will get visual if you ingest enough of it, and seeing as you are growing your own supply then just take more at a time.  The more "potent" strains tend to be progressively harder to cultivate.  I would reccomend the Thai K.S. or Cambodian.  Both are relatively easy to grow and produce a fare number of good sized fruit.

4 out of 5 inmates agree.  The FSR is better than being raped by your overweight roomate!;)
Support the FSR.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Considering Growning: feedback please [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #332205 - 06/02/01 06:44 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Try 5 grams of P.E.S.A.'s for a heavy trip. Heh-heh. Yes once in the morning and once in the evening should suffice. Personally, I would add an air exchange at bed-time.

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
Re: Considering Growning: feedback please [Re: puscle]
    #332254 - 06/02/01 09:01 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Puscle is right--twice a day will suffice.
Unfortunately visual does not= potent.
Some strains do tend to be more visual than others---The Pans are the kings of visual, IMO.
The Thai Koh Samui can be pretty visual after about 3.5 grams. They are EASY to cultivate-- But I find them to be a litte SPEEDY.
Get as much advice as you can gather, then decide on the strain. ALL Cube strains are Pretty easy to grow.
Enjoy!
Dioze1

check out the Free Spore Ring!

http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

Offlinehomebrew

#332320 - 06/02/01 11:17 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will give the Thailand Koh-Samui a shot and go on from there. One other question, once I find a strain that suits me is it easy (relative term i know) to propagate it via printing. I only ask this because I am of the paranoid sort and am convinced that in this day and age with all the legislatures trying to save us from ourselves (seat belts, helmets, drugs...), spore vending will become illegal.

Tanks.

... And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all...
Jefferson Airplane

OfflineALDER_057
addict

#332325 - 06/02/01 11:27 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

wet perilite wont make the humidity go down, In a most delightful way

--------------------
Drug Dealing & Trading Forum

OfflineFreezen
    #332455 - 06/02/01 02:56 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Started growing a short while ago...

Try starting off with damp perlite... available at most gardening stores.. Mist and fan in morning, when get home, when go to bed.. I've yet to have a problem, had some decent yields (1/2 pint gives me about a cup dried over 3 flushes per cake... Did 2 cups with 3 friends, we had nice visuals... )... perlite will bring costs down, along with hassle of setting up a humidifier system (Until you decide to upgrade to a larger / better system anyways)

------------------------------------------------------
There are three types of people in this world:
Those who can count, and those who can't.

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------
There are three types of people in this world:
Those who can count, and those who can't.

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
    #332528 - 06/02/01 04:32 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

pretty simple actually.. yeah set up a terrarium of some kind ten gallon aquarium even to start small....get a sheet of plexiglass and cut so it will slant down put your jars underneath... spray twice a day....at least. Make sure to fan the terrarium to exchange the co2 with oxygen at misting times........ Personally i think the visuals kick ASS with the Ecuador strain.....2 grams mild ........3 grams great tracers nice colors........ go for it man it`s not that tough of a science welcome to the club :o)

Let me take you down .....cuz I`m going to..... strawberry fields.....nothing iz real

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #332562 - 06/02/01 05:26 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

If you want to keep doing this i suggest you get your skills up with Cubie strains. This means learning *as much as you can* on how to cultivate them. Then move on to the pans, which in my monkeys' opinion, need a little more "observatory" skills to grow succesfuly. After you mastered these white beauties - the sky is the limit (Azures) .. peace

"like a Japanese Cowboy or a blind man on skates"Ween
"you must make sure that the lady's pure for the Funky Cold Medina"Tone Loc

Offlinedioze1
Satans minion inthe war onlaughter
Loc: Up a hogs ass looking for...
    #332637 - 06/02/01 07:52 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

You can use a Sterilite or Rubbermade container from you local ?-Mart. Perlite is neat stuff, but you can get just as ggod of results with a 1/4 inch of water resting in the bottom of your container and your trays sitting in it.
The Thai Koh Samui is a good strain to start with-- it is tough, resists contams, fairly potent, and just an all around good strain for experimenting, and also does well oudoors.
Dioze1

check out the Free Spore Ring!

--------------------
Not all that wander are lost.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates