Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Downtown Seatle, Washington has some Cool Cyan Patches in Very Public Places
    #3301128 - 10/31/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well went downtown this morning too have breakfast with my daughter and we were near Seattle Center and found a few small cyan patches. Picked about ten big specimens and left the rest to grow more.

Here are six images of this fine discovery of life in the city.

Look at the size of that cap. Pretty large one and a long stem. They were growing flat on the mulchy ground just as you see them in my photo.

Hopefully the shrooms will be there in three days for me to see how they grew. Maybe, just maybe, the mycelial thieves will not find these few patches we found this morning on our way to eat breakfast.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Downtown Seatle, Washington has some Cool Cyan Patches in Very Public Places [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3305160 - 11/01/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I bumped this page from Sunday Morning since it is Monday morning and the page was three pages away formt he top. I guess everyone missed the post. So here again is Sundays shrooms with one new one.

mjshroomer

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Downtown Seatle, Washington has some Cool Cyan Patches in Very Public Places [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3305197 - 11/01/04 02:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nice, is the general public in seattal in the know about cyans? if not, it's kind of cool that there is such magic growing in the city without people even being aware of it.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineMarcd046
Captain CiderConnoisseur

Loc: North East, Uk
Re: Downtown Seatle, Washington has some Cool Cyan Patches in Very Public Places [Re: gdman]
    #3305254 - 11/01/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, cool finds and nice pics as usual. But what do you do with all these muishroomx you find MJ>?

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Downtown Seatle, Washington has some Cool Cyan Patches in Very Public Places [Re: Marcd046]
    #3305780 - 11/01/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I should note that I generally photograph about 90 percent of the shrooms I see. That does not mean I pick all that I post.

However, some go to research centers at various University herbariums for deposit for others to follow up on my research.

For instance, my new shroom, Psilocybe angkoria Guzm?n, Allen and Sihanonth are on deposit at the instituto de Ecologia in Mexico, The Bernice Bishop Museum in Honolulu and at chulalongkorn Uniresities Microbiology DSepartment in Bangkok.

Many also go to several universities in Europe and elsewhere.

mj

and have a shroomy day

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3305832 - 11/01/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

awesome finds as usual

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
    #3305955 - 11/01/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

damn, makes me want to move to Seatle! great pics as always, mj :thumbup:

--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Downtown Seatle, Washington has some Cool Cyan Patches in Very Public Places [Re: gdman]
    #3307622 - 11/02/04 12:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

YEah,

Many people are aware of it and many of those little ones in pictures i take like above are gone when I come back.

And they are in very public places and some are not.

It seems to get worst every year.

Probably some very immature individuals are respoinsible for tearing the mycelium apert to get small shrooms. Not all small shrooms get to be bigger shrooms but it takes time for pickers to learn which obnes to pick and which ones to leave.

That is why you find thick stemed cyans and real thin stemed ones. Generally onfce the cap is fully opened then they are ready for picking. That is when the cap becomes wavy. If left too long, slugs will invade and eat the caps or munch into their edges.

mj

The hazards of hoping your crop will be there the next time you go look at it. I found this one by accident and was not looking for it.

Found anothr small one last week which no one had found or maybe it was picked a few times before i found it. And they were in grass and me and a friend saw where people had previously picked a lot.

mj

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #3307933 - 11/02/04 04:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It must be totally dissapointing...
I feel for ya mj.. Nofindum...

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3308172 - 11/02/04 07:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah morons that ruin it for everyone, as I would assume the msuhrooms ahve a hard time fruiting agin after they tear up the mycelium

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale