Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesynaptic
finally.. pf hawaiian/gt pins invitro
    #329225 - 05/29/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Happy to report that my foaf's 12 jars innoculated 5/11 with PF hawaiian (golden teacher) showed clearly visible pins today. None of that, "gee, is this little 1-2mm bump a pin". These things scared the living bejezus out of him then filled him with excitement..

You know how it is.. you have a few jars that seem to do better than the rest.. either early in colonization or you remember shooting a bit more innoculate into them or something.. so those are the ones you look at most.. Well, yesterday my friend noticed a little bb-sized pin with a grey head on the side so he went and checked on it today. He looked around all the sides of the jar then finally the top. There was this white-grey clump and he thought it was contamination at first glance.. then he saw the head peeking out under the gunk that forms where the substrate pulls away from the bottom of the glass if you have them upside down.

Sweet success.

So he put it back and came to look at it a few hours later and examined all the jars carefully. Holy cow batman, another jar had an even bigger pin that had formed dead center in the middle of the bottom of the glass and wormed it's way to the side of the glass. And I mean it.. they look like worms in the jar.. one is about an inch long and the other about an inch and a half.

These two jars were birthed although the pins/shrooms on the bottom of the cake made double-ended casing a little difficult. My friend decided to leave on the vermiculite that was in the jar and gave it a few good squirts of water to wet it. Another jar is showing what looks like baby pins at the bottom of the jar and may be birthed tomorrow.

Will leaving the vermiculite from the jars on the bottom of the cakes cause any problems? My friend could always go scrape it off if necessary.

These jars were incubated at an average temp of 84?F (fluctuating 79?-89?F). About four days ago the jars were moved to a location where it was 74?F and left there for two days. They were placed in a rubbermaid tub with some misted perllite on the bottom.. covered at night, opened during the day. The inside of the tub was lined with aluminum foil in an attempt to reflect light all around the cakes. Two days ago, they were moved back to 84?F temperatures and probably sprouted the first primordia around this time..

This is my friend's first time. :)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: finally.. pf hawaiian/gt pins invitro [Re: synaptic]
    #329526 - 05/30/01 08:52 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

the vermiculite layer is ok to leave on, no need to scrape it off.

http://mycotopia.yage.net

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix