Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebracclini
Stranger
how to protect against bugs???
    #3289900 - 10/28/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok i have noticed little fruit flies in my apartment and it will soon be time to birth. i have tried to clean everything up but they are still here. I hear they can eat the mushrooms. also today i went to check up on the pfjars and there was a small trail of ants going to it, and i saw one ant go through a hole in the top of the jar, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!! HELP!!! we should be birthing by around halloween so any tips to help destroy nasty critters will help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebracclini
Stranger
Re: how to protect against bugs??? [Re: bracclini]
    #3290517 - 10/28/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

bump bump bump.bumpity bump, ps we cant BOMB the apartment otherwise i would

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

Re: how to protect against bugs??? [Re: bracclini]
    #3290676 - 10/28/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bracclini said:
ok i have noticed little fruit flies in my apartment and it will soon be time to birth. i have tried to clean everything up but they are still here. I hear they can eat the mushrooms. also today i went to check up on the pfjars and there was a small trail of ants going to it, and i saw one ant go through a hole in the top of the jar, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!! HELP!!! we should be birthing by around halloween so any tips to help destroy nasty critters will help

Damn man. Ants are going in the jar? That can't be good. I doubt they're whiping their feet before entering. You sound like you have some serious insect issues in your home. You may need to address that before you can grow anything succesfully. They have all day long everyday to get to whereever you put the food. If they're there and they can fit in the hole they will do it. I poked tiny holes and used a 23-25g needle to inoculate. I figure the smaller the better.

--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: how to protect against bugs??? [Re: Tripster]
    #3290836 - 10/28/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok ive said this like ten times now, Diatomatious Earth ( hort. grade not pool grade) is safe ( dont rube it in your eye or snort it ) and it will kill bugs that walk through it so you could sprinkle it around where the ants are walking, this should f' them up. and if you have any house plants thats where your gnats are coming from, increase air flow around plants and this will disturb the bug while they are babies, and you could water your plants with a few drops of dawn dish soap the grease fighting agent will scorch the larvae, this will kill the things instantly, Diatom. earth, yellow sticky traps, not over watering your houseplants.
do you have fruit flies or fungus gnats( smaller and quicker than fruit flies) if fruit flies then put your fruit in the fridge. and even if you dont see the flies in the air there could be many of them in the soil in the larva stage. yikes.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: how to protect against bugs??? [Re: zerozero]
    #3290874 - 10/28/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ants are one of the illest creatures. Now they have been discoverred to mine ricecakes for psylocybe fungus.

That's awesome.

You should chuck the jar they were getting into, it is most certainly going to contam.as for the rest of the jars, get some hot pepper saucy stuff (anything hot) and surround any enterance to the jars or the place of the jars themselves. Most ants don't cross pepper lines.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineElfmachine
Stranger
Re: how to protect against bugs??? [Re: MAGnum]
    #3520638 - 12/19/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

glue traps. for rats and bugs. just get the glue pads for rats and tape 'em to the side of the terraium. Ants are pretty bad though, i had flies. and ant traps too, just in the room in near your terraium.
good luck

--------------------
check out www.island.org Started by Bruce Eisner, it's an organization trying to make Island by Aldous Huxley a reality.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom