Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefrootloop
journeyman
Loc: Detroit, MI
Colonization level
    #328985 - 05/29/01 05:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I'm using the MMGG Tek. My mycelieum has covered around 3/4 of the substrate. Do I have to wait till all of its covered?

"Anything that grows from her is meant to be consumed in some way... what turns "drugs" bad is when it is touched by greed dirtied hands and processed"

--------------------
"Mental illness is the road to freedom"- PigFace

Here little Fungi I won't hurt you....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
Loc: Colorado
Re: Colonization level [Re: frootloop]
    #329002 - 05/29/01 05:37 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

My friend tells me it's best to wait not only until it's fully colonized, but then add a week or more for the inside, especially if you're gonna crumble it with compost. I saw a rule of thumb a while back: take the time it took for full visual colonization, then add 25%. Making sure it's fully colonized cuts down on contamination. It takes a certain amount of time to colonize before fruiting, whether in the jar or somewhere else.

Them not busy bein' born are busy dyin'.

--------------------
Them not busy bein' born are busy dyin'.

Invisiblesynaptic
Re: Colonization level [Re: frootloop]
    #329028 - 05/29/01 06:01 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, you'll want to wait until it's 100% colonized.. the bottom of the half-pint jars too. You should have removed the tape from the innoculation holes. Inverting the jars so they sit on the lids also helps that push towards final colonization.

And if you thought you were being patient already, when the jars are 100% colonized on the outside you get to wait another 1-2 weeks for pinning and strengthening of the mycelium and to make sure all the interior substrate is colonized. It helps to not look at the jars every 5 minutes and find something else to occupy your time.

I have been going crazy waiting for invitro pinning and today one just scared the living shit out of me.. I was looking at this little 1mm spot, keeping an eye on it thinking it was a pin. When I looked at the bottom of the jar, bam, there was a 1" pin that looked like a worm. Couldn't believe my eyes.. had missed it earlier because of the gunk on the bottom of the jar as the substrate shrunk and pulled away from the glass..

Anyway, the hardest thing to do is be patient.. if you can do that, they'll come..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags