Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
UPDATE ....A new outlook, thank god..
    #3284862 - 10/27/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i would ask a mod sticky this so all my friends have a chance to read it.
(i have discussed this with a few of you already)

Over the summer I started to have red blood in my bowel movements. I ignored it and passed it off as hemmoroids. About four weeks ago I began to have a dull ache in my lower left abdomen which spread up my left side. My bowel movements again contained blood and were much smaller than usual. I was into 3 different doctors and the emergency room. Finally I saw a gastrointestinal doctor and he ordered a colonoscopy. Today I found out that I have and advanced tumor in my lower colon. Even with treatment the prognosis is not looking good for me. I am in a state of numbness in shock. I don't know how much longer I have on earth. I am done posting, probably for good. I may stop back to check pms. However once I go in for surgery, Im not sure I'll have access to a computer again. THey think it has already spread to my lungs.

This IS NOT a joke or a hoax, this is deadly serious. Right now I'm crying pretty hard, and I never cry. I figure I'll get telling my online friends out of the way first.... I have no idea how I am going to hold it together to break it to my friends IRL.

thanks for putting up with me :kott:

**************************UPDATE*************************
yesterday when i made the above post i was obivously scared out of my fucking mind because of what my doctor told me. he basically gave me worst case senerio and was warning me with only  6 months to live ... well today i have been a the hospital allllll fucking day again. but the news i have is much different from what i was told. the cell sample from the tumor came back and the cell aggresivness is not as bad as it could be....further more i was given a round of CT scans of my chest cavity and a second round on the abdomen. the amazing news is the chest pains i was having and the shortness of breath were probably from anemia due to blood loss from my bowel movements. My Ct scan shows NO invasion of any other organs AND! non of my lymph nodes appear to be inflamed!!!! which would mean even though the tumor is a decent siz it is only in the infancy stage and has not fully penetrated the bowel wall!!!! if it is indeed only a stage 2 carcinoma i will be able to have almost a complete cure with a simple non invasive surgey!!! also my bowel will just be resected instead of me having to wear some crappy colostmy bag....the doc also said if it is indeed stage 2 then my chance of survival is about 85% and i will only have to do 1 6 week treatment of chemo.....of course i wll have to follow up constantly in years to come to make sure it never comes back.....i may be able to make it to ne2k5 afterall...i go in for surgery next week and they will be able to get a better look at the nodes......this is a total 360 from the garbage i was spewed by my gastro yesterday....he scared the shit out of me.....its still cancer and it still sucks but the stituation has improved :smile:

on a side note i had my SECOND colonoscopy today, they wanted one more look before surgery i guess :shrug: having a camera up your ass is bad, but the prep phososoda u have to drink the day before...UGGGG ...u basically pee out your bum for 6-7 hours :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

thankyou for the out pouring of support!! ill be back with updates periodically, until then peace :kott:

Edited by KingOftheThing (10/28/04 02:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecisole
Master of the Beer Bong

Loc: NM
Re: A Serious Good-Bye [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3284871 - 10/27/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I am so sorry..... :sad:

I have enjoyed posting with you very much!

I hope that things can be rectified for you, and I will keep you in my prayers!

--------------------
is it life that keeps us going, or us that keeps life going?

Edited by cisole (10/27/04 02:58 PM)

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3284882 - 10/27/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

KOTT.. I don't know if I have a right to post since we don't really know each other.. but sharing this community you begin to feel love or friendship for nearly everyone.

Your news is very very saddening.. I have no idea what it's like for you, but my heart and spirit is with you in this time, I just wish there was something I could do.

I don't really believe in god too much but my prayers are with you as well. Stay strong bud, never lose hope, and as my grandfather told me the day he passed, don't stop living until you stop living.

- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: A Serious Good-Bye [Re: cisole]
    #3284889 - 10/27/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Holy shit! Did your doctors tell you that the tumors could be life threatening?  I have 2 friends with similar problems who are able to keep it under control with their lifestyles and drug therapy.

I'm so sorry, KOTT! :hug:

Much love and healing energy to you, and please don't leave us, we would like to know how you are. :heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3284892 - 10/27/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

wow man - I'm sorry to hear that.
whats the exact prognosis?

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3284893 - 10/27/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so the tumor spread from your colon to your lungs, wow thats a big tumor.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#3284894 - 10/27/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks man, this is a really hard time for me right now....if the stuff is in my lungs, im dead....but my chest has been hurting for weeks, it hurts to breathe....im almost positive im in trouble, they will check when they go in for surgery on the tumor

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #3284896 - 10/27/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Fuck man, ... fuck. I'm really sorry to hear that, I dont know whta to say, its a shame anyone has to deal with cancer at a young age, let alone a shroomerite as cool as yoruself. If I was christian, i'd pray for you... hell I thikn I will anyway man. Good luck with the treatment, I hope you can catch it and kill that motherfucker. Keep your chin up, we'll all miss you

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #3284898 - 10/27/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

don't give up the fight man

you can win this

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3284909 - 10/27/04 02:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

dont give up - I'm sure you can pull through this.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3284912 - 10/27/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cisole said:
I am so sorry.....

I have enjoyed posting with you very much!

I hope that things can be rectified for you, and I will keep you in my prayers!

you are not funny.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (10/27/04 03:54 PM)

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Re: A Serious Good-Bye [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3284914 - 10/27/04 02:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
so the tumor spread from your colon to your lungs, wow thats a big tumor.

the tumor breaks through the colon wall, infects the lymph nodes and malignant cells are carried to other parts of the body...the liver and lungs being the most common...once it spreads it is known as Stage IV and has a 5% survival rate. my doctor leveled with me and told me if it is stage iv that i will have about 6months left with no treatment, chemo make extend that to a year or more. but the 5 year survival rate is almost non-existent

Invisibleadrug

#3284919 - 10/27/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:hug: I'm sorry to hear that man. Whatever the prognosis, don't give up hope.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3284920 - 10/27/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i hope they can fix it somehow, are you gonna get the chemo?

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#3284929 - 10/27/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i wasnt really sure at first but i think i owe it to my parents to do chemo...they are an absolute wreck, i almost feel worse for them than i do myself...if i gave up it would kill them

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #3284932 - 10/27/04 03:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

whoa man that really sucks i hope ya the best you is a cool dude :laugh:

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3284935 - 10/27/04 03:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

chemo is rough, seriously...

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #3284938 - 10/27/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

try not to get down on yourself yet

I've had many friends/family go through this

I lost my father to it at age 6 - he was 40

I've also seen a good friend fight brain cancer for 7 years when the doc's told him he had days

this is part of life and is probably one of the biggest threats you will ever have to face

but you can win

know that you can win

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: A Serious Good-Bye [Re: sucklesworth]
    #3284956 - 10/27/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

good to see you can be serious sometimes.

--------------------

Edited by Psychoslut (10/27/04 03:56 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3284958 - 10/27/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Damn, dude. Look, I know we've had our differences in the past, but I never really hated you. In spite of all the teasing and all the flame wars and all that bullshit, I always believed that beneath it all, you really were a great guy. I'm sorry it had to come down to this. I was actually looking forward to meeting you at the next NE gathering, but now I don't know if you'll be able to make it. I really hope you pull through. In case I never get to meet you in person, I just want you to know you're cool in my book.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale