Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Trip Report: A bad idea?
    #3283470 - 10/27/04 09:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Among other bad decisions I've made in the past few days (such as one causing my brother to come into my work and take me outside and strangle me, making my boss really pissed and wanting to file charges, oh and losing the trust of two friends and my brother).... Let the episode begin.

Monday around 8pm I drank a bottle of robitussin. This was about 354mg DXM. Nothing major, but then around 11 or 12 I took 300mg diphenhydramine (Dramamine, benedryl).

So around 2am my dad comes into my room and is like "WHAT are you doing up?" cause I work in the morning. So I go to bed.

But for the next hour I sit in my room talking to real hallucinations, mainly friends of mine that happen to be in my room in the middle of the night. At the time they seemed real to me, and they were there, although a few times I figured out that they were not really there because when I reached out to them my hand went right through them.

At one point I was sitting on my bed in my boxers, and I really believed I was sitting in my car. I really saw my car around me, and it seemed real to me that I was in my car. But when I went to touch the radio it wasn't there.

The not-really-there friends were mumbling and of course I mumbled back, beings that my speech was slurred. Plus, I was so disoriented in the dark that I kept running into shit. So my brother woke up, told my dad, and then my slurred speech and general fuckedupness was made aware to me by my dad. He was pissed and asked if I needed to go to the hospital.

Of course I felt fine in my merry delusional world, and told him no. I said I would go to bed, but just only after having one smoke. It took me about an hour to get my pants on (backwards, too) and get myself that cigarette.

The next morning, I slept through the alarm. My brother, being pissed at me, greatfully turned off the alarm and forgot to wake me up. So I get woken up by my rents at 9:30, 30 minutes after I'm supposed to be at work, because the secretary was on the phone. She was wondering if I was coming into work.

Now I was still fucked up, but I got my fucked up self dressed, took my slurred dilated-eyed self to work, and arrived at 10.

My boss wasn't too happy with the past two day's worth of events, so he said that I have two weeks to get my act together (for example, having less returns on computers I fix) and start arriving on time and not leaving early and such.

So there are consequences for my actions. Dammit, I've had such a hard time getting this concept, and I do stupid things without thinking about them. Like the stupid thing that made me lose trust and respect of two friends and a brother. Or like possibly losing a job, by overdosing cold medication on a worknight. OOPS.

The good side is I'm not too down about it, and it's giving me more of an incentive to straighten the fuck up and make sure that I keep my job. I'm going to prove my boss wrong, and turn around the whole bizness.

But remember, think before you act. Hopefully next time I will remember. Yesterday I still felt wierd and slept from 7pm till this morning at 8am. And my eyes are still HUGE and dilated. Whatever.

I sure won't be doing it again. I also won't be taking major deleriants or trips at my house when there's a risk of really FREAKING my parents the FUCK out. And NOT on a worknight.

SET and SETTING everyone. The right place, the right time, the right mindset. Hopefully someone will learn from my impulsive and irresponsible actions.

Edited by poke smot! (09/07/20 01:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: A bad idea? [Re: poke smot!]
    #3283512 - 10/27/04 09:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think it's important that we experience consequences for our actions.  I experienced some of that myself a few weeks ago.  I was smoking a lot of weed, multiple times every day, to the point where I would goof off and be a slacker every night and then either not show up for my college classes or not do the work.  Obviously I could tell I was drifting into a negative behavior spiral, but it took a good smack of reality to jolt my ass back into gear.  Bombing a few tests will do that to ya, I guess. 

So consequences are powerful learning experiences for us.  Because of my reality "punishment" I am learning some self control, moderation and responsiblity, getting the work done first before the high.  And after the wake up call, I have been more productive then ever. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I appreciate your post, and stay out of trouble.  :wink:

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Re: A bad idea? [Re: MOTH]
    #3283864 - 10/27/04 10:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Wow... I've had the exact same thing happen to me in college this semester, EllemyshShade. I've bombed a couple tests, but I still have a fairly good chance of passing all of my classes. I *do* need to get my act together though. My main problem is smoking weed (which is done for a few weeks now since I have no $$) as well as procrastination (I tend to leave mostly everything until the last minute).

And poke smot, just wanted to say I liked your post as well. Hope things get better for ya with your brother and whatnot.

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: A bad idea? [Re: Bonez420]
    #3284148 - 10/27/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes that is also my main thing that backs up my proscrastination - Forgetting about the consequences. Life is a funny thing but we have to overcome adversity, otherwise we'll be stuck in a permanent rut forever...keep on doing you thing

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3284189 - 10/27/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

(Dramamine, benedryl).

Now I was still fucked up, but I got my fucked up self dressed, took my slurred dilated-eyed self to work, and arrived at 10.

Man the talk of the Dramamine is making me sick.

Remember, Benadryl and Dram ARE different, only a water molocule, but not the same drug.

My best advice here is your going to abuse OTC meds, don't do it in your parents home - parents should get more respect than that.

350Mgs of DXM and 300mgs of dram - wow people still do that?

I didn't think anyone was as desperate for a trip as I was back when I would dose both of those -

Then I found MUSHROOMS.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (10/27/04 12:22 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: A bad idea? [Re: Civ]
    #3284228 - 10/27/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't like DXM posts in here but I'm going to let this topic stay because it is a Trip report.

This shows why it is vital to:

Trip safe and Trip smart.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: A bad idea? *DELETED* [Re: Civ]
    #3286014 - 10/27/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3286859 - 10/27/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well, my question would be "Why?"

I mean ,pot smoke,i consider you an educated and responsible fellow.I consider you "One of the guys that when it comes to psychoactives he know his stuff"

So i guess sometimes it is better to implement psychoactives in a prethought ,cohesive framework...Taking 300mg DXM plus 300 mg dramamine doesnt seem like a good idea,neither can i grasp its purpose nor can i understand if one does it just to feel altered.

Sometimes when people say that psychedelics are to be cherished in special occasions (thereby naming them entheogens) they have a very good reason to say so.

I am not telling anyone off,but i want to open a discussion on that matter so we can share our views and maybe something good can come of it!

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: A bad idea? *DELETED* [Re: Psiloman]
    #3287711 - 10/27/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: A bad idea? *DELETED* [Re: poke smot!]
    #3289155 - 10/28/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3289386 - 10/28/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Only you can prove yourself right or wrong.

Good luck,
I wish you the best,
Cervantes

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order