Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Dictating Your Future
    #3282276 - 10/26/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I believe you can dictate your future. I know it says somewhere in the bible, I forget where, that what you say from your mouth (basically) utters your existence.

If you consistently repeat "I can never do that!" "That will never happen for me!" "I never get lucky!" Well, that will probably come true.

If you speak as if the future is determined, the future, as you speak it, will come true.

Is there a sense of "knowing"? I have a hunch, on occasion, of what is going to happen in the future. I "know" that if I take certain steps, based on what I think will be the outcome, I will be supremely successful.

So maybe there is no magic involved. I may speak as if I know the future, seemingly predicting or predicating the future, yet the future may have happened anyways.

Or, maybe by speaking the future, the mere speaking predicates my future actions, thus causing the future to happen the way I predicted by my words.

Thoughts?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: Frog]
    #3282713 - 10/27/04 01:30 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

even when a notion is consciously self-created by way of repetition. Such is the power of belief: with it the mind is capable of infinite possibilities...

Quote:

I believe you can dictate your future.

if you believe that, your beliefs about your future will surely materialize into reality !  :thumbup:

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Edited by lovelight (10/27/04 01:38 AM)

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: lovelight]
    #3282972 - 10/27/04 03:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dont believe you can or cant do anything, just do it; the outcome will dictate your future. Beliefs will fail you constantly, I know this because mine are changing and evolving all the time. It is focus and clarity of mind that is important.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: psyka]
    #3283657 - 10/27/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes, every choice you make is dictating your future...

all you have to do is understand the universes responsability, then you will know what to do to achieve desired results.

people do it all the time, but they may be doing it without thinking.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: Todcasil]
    #3283788 - 10/27/04 10:43 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

In a purely causal way, yes. But making "correct" choices does not mean getting "correct" results.

I had a lady friend who trained very diligantly for a triathalon. She was a joy to be around and did most everything right and was killed on her bicycle by an ambulance responding to a call.

Another person I know is a dishonest, conniving jerk who parties hard and looks younger than his years and is wealthy beyond imagining.

There are larger forces at work. This being said, one's efforts and choices do have an affect, but is only a small part of the formula.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: Swami]
    #3283813 - 10/27/04 10:48 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it is my understanding and experience that the best possible out look on life is that anything you set your mind to can be achieved and that your future is in your own hands. It is also my understanding and experience that the extent to which you believe this corresponds directly to the extent that it is true for you.

So if you believe you are powerless you are, if you believe you are powerfull, you are

but it all relies on a triad, to create change requires equal parts thought word and action. Wielding this triad mindfully and with conviction, your future is in your hands

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3284729 - 10/27/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
There are larger forces at work. This being said, one's efforts and choices do have an affect, but is only a small part of the formula.

I agree with you. It's a small part of the formula.

I have quoted Emerson on other threads, about how there are signs that show us the direction we should take, the choices we should make. I believe that everything can work together for a positive outcome, if we know how to observe, if we make the right choices, and if our karma is good.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3284795 - 10/27/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I could never dictate my future.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: deff]
    #3284924 - 10/27/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i think rather than dictate your future and expect it to happen how you want it to, you should rather make goals to work towards but always be ready to react to each unexpected situation as it arises, and change your goals if need be.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3284943 - 10/27/04 03:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It was a paradox, or atleast an attempt :smile:

On a serious note, I completely agree about setting up mental barriers. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3285541 - 10/27/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"as soon as a philosophy begins to believe in itself. It always creates a world in its own image"
same thing?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: Gomp]
    #3285552 - 10/27/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, but not just with philosophy :smile:

As soon as belief forms, experience is often molded to not appear 'un-believable' :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3287420 - 10/27/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

First, moonshoe, I agree.

Deff, why can't you dictate your future?

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3287519 - 10/27/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nevermind, it was a dumb joke.

See, by saying I can't dictate my future, I've dictated my future (saying that I can't dictate it). However, this means I was wrong and I can dictate my future - which invalids it in the first place :laugh:

Basically, I was high. :wexican:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3287610 - 10/27/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh.  Well, then, never mind.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

#3287714 - 10/27/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"I believe you can dictate your future"
me too, but i prefer to type it up myself.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3287740 - 10/28/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think you have outlined the entire system of how things "go on".

But i want to add on, it that... i think there are some decisions or some actions that either happen to us, or that effect us which also spawn many unknowns in our life... That alter it for better or for worse.

Thats why i think sometimes just saying what that we can or cant do is really negligble in some circumstance... But i totally agree none the less :laugh:

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3288163 - 10/28/04 04:35 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

In a purely causal way, yes. But making "correct" choices does not mean getting "correct" results.

I had a lady friend who trained very diligantly for a triathalon. She was a joy to be around and did most everything right and was killed on her bicycle by an ambulance responding to a call.

Another person I know is a dishonest, conniving jerk who parties hard and looks younger than his years and is wealthy beyond imagining.

Of course you would have to define how one knows if he has made a correct or wrong decision in the first place.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #3289395 - 10/28/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You are definitely crossing the lines to magic with this :grin:

It's only important, not to get blind while the will is forming (into) existence.

To rearrange a try out of the do and a wish out of the will :wink:

But often, of course, the borders are fluent.
Sometimes like those between fact and believe...
(The Riddler)

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Dictating Your Future [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #3292091 - 10/28/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I agree!  It's magic! 

I can't explain the feeling I get, when I am shown "signs", and I act on them, and I speak of the future, even though I have no guarantees that it will happen, as if it is going to happen, and then it happens!  It is most definitely magic. 

I think part of it is also having an innate sense of "knowing" what you are here for, what you are supposed to do, how this is all going to turn out. 

The problem,  imo, is that we become distracted with extraneous things.  Significant others, accidental pregnancies, arrests, etc.  And of course things happen over which we have no control, like the hurricanes in Florida. 

But even in spite of the shit that happens, whether it was within our control or not, if we stay on the path, we can overcome. 

I am not pretending to be Dr. Martin Luther King.  But I do think he would agree with me.  :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom