Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I swear way too much...
    #3279731 - 10/26/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i use cuss words way to much...to the point were i have to mentally check myself to make sure i dont let out an f-bomb while discussing work with a superviser.
i cant even control myself around childeren, i let out cusses all the time...

its completely draining my vocabulary too (we all know Fuck is the most versitile word in the english language  :wink:)

sometimes 3-4 in one sentence.

i want to quit swearing. i decided this yesterday...one day at a time. i got till about 7:30 pm last night until i got elbowed in the face playing indoor soccer...then it was on!

so today i havent let one out yet...but ive only talked to one person today and only for about 3 minutes...

its going to be hard, giving up swearing will be hard but i just feel i have to do it.
i've been cussing heavily since middle school.

any advice?

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: I swear way too much... [Re: MrBump]
    #3279802 - 10/26/04 02:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cant even control myself around childeren, i let out cusses all the time...

Right as you notice yourself about to blurb out somthing nasty, make note of that. I try to associate when and why I do something when I have a problem with it.

If you make it a focus not to curse, you wil find better words in the mean time (that will grow on you) that will become part of your vocabulary. More worlds you use in your vocab, the better you can discribe and communicate with others.

You could make a jar that you fill with money each time you cuss.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: I swear way too much... [Re: Civ]
    #3279876 - 10/26/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ahh.. i worked iin a kitchen this last summer. all i heard was fuck shit etc... and it rubbed off on me. Swearing is basically ignorance i have figured out. there are other ways to express yourself i have come to learn. Once in a while a nicely placed "fuck" works.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: I swear way too much... [Re: Civ]
    #3279878 - 10/26/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Civ said:
You could make a jar that you fill with money each time you cuss.

That won't work because he knows he will get the money back. I suggest that everytime you cuss you send me $1.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineMrBump
 User Gallery

Re: I swear way too much... [Re: z@z.com]
    #3279929 - 10/26/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

send my your P.O. Box number...i'll post date the checks for 2008 :smirk:

yeah, idont think a nicely placed f-bomb would be outta place, say, watching a football game w/ your boys...but when im trying to have a normal conversation it does expound some ignorance on my part...definetly takes away from the substance of your dialogue.

--------------------

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
    #3280382 - 10/26/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

there's nothing wrong with a little fucking cussing. i cuss alot too. the history behind it is like this (if i remember correctly): anglo saxons invaded normandie, normandie used those words (FUCK SHIT WHORE, etc) like nuclear families use (DARN DANGIT GEE WIZ). after the anglo saxons kicked normandie's metaphorical anal douche biscuit then if anyone were to use one of the normish words then it would "signal" that you were of a lower class in the social ladder of bullshit.

good day.
oh and...correct me if i'm wrong

Edited by trick (10/26/04 04:33 PM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3282078 - 10/26/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

are you irish and/or a sailor?

OfflineMrBump
 User Gallery

Re: I swear way too much... [Re: trick]
    #3282684 - 10/27/04 01:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

trick said:
there's nothing wrong with a little fucking cussing. i cuss alot too. the history behind it is like this (if i remember correctly): anglo saxons invaded normandie, normandie used those words (FUCK SHIT WHORE, etc) like nuclear families use (DARN DANGIT GEE WIZ). after the anglo saxons kicked normandie's metaphorical anal douche biscuit then if anyone were to use one of the normish words then it would "signal" that you were of a lower class in the social ladder of bullshit.

good day.

well. i will correct you on one thing that i know your wrong on...

william--king of normandy (north coast of france) invaded anglo-saxon england in 1066 and won the battle of Hastings, thus changing england and its history forevor... before this monumental event, normandy was taken over by scandanavian royalty (rich assed vikings who had run out of territory in scandinavia). they became enamored with the french culture and lifestyle--that is to say they were ubber-frenchies. so the normans at that time definetely spoke french.

after they took over england all the upper- and knighthood- level classes in england spoke french, only the lower classes and poor anglos spoke 'english'

Henry V of england eventually went to war with france in the early 1400's and gained major territorial advances, only to be driven back by....joan of arc.

im drunk and have a history degree, so i'd thought i'd share this with you.

the parts about the swearing, i dont know.

Oh and Bio..im Hungarian, we are famed for haveing the most swear words of any known language!!!

--------------------

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
    #3282699 - 10/27/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thecornking said:
Quote:

trick said:

good day.

well. i will correct you on one thing that i know your wrong on...

william--king of normandy (north coast of france) invaded anglo-saxon england in 1066 and won the battle of Hastings, thus changing england and its history forevor... before this monumental event, normandy was taken over by scandanavian royalty (rich assed vikings who had run out of territory in scandinavia). they became enamored with the french culture and lifestyle--that is to say they were ubber-frenchies. so the normans at that time definetely spoke french.

after they took over england all the upper- and knighthood- level classes in england spoke french, only the lower classes and poor anglos spoke 'english'

Henry V of england eventually went to war with france in the early 1400's and gained major territorial advances, only to be driven back by....joan of arc.

im drunk and have a history degree, so i'd thought i'd share this with you.

the parts about the swearing, i dont know.

Oh and Bio..im Hungarian, we are famed for haveing the most swear words of any known language!!!

thanks for the info man. i had my shit all wrong. i read about it in a book i have called The Culture of Makebelieve by Derrick Jensen, i didn't go back to look for it in the book but thanks for filling in my holes on the post.

the rich spoke french and if u used the english words u were considered of a lower class

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: I swear way too much... [Re: trick]
    #3282875 - 10/27/04 02:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i don't think anyone should have a problem with swearing for FUCK sakes  :bored: lighten up

--------------------

Anonymous #1

Re: I swear way too much... [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3283242 - 10/27/04 07:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

exact-a-fucking-ly.

society has a lot of unneeded burdens they choosingly put upon themselves.

i mean..its all in your head.  i could identify in my values, the word "heck" as being the most foulest word ever. and if one said "heck" around me, i could be like OMG, whoa dude...slow down, dont be sayin that in my presence you take that filthy fuckin mouth somewhere else...i cant be hearin that shit.(all the while using "words" that in english societies are considered 'bad' or disrespectful)

but dude, i totally respect and understand why you want to quit, its becoming a burden for you in society, like at work. you dont wanna get fired! understandable.  but you aint gotta go all out about it....id just hold back as much as i did in school so as not to get a detention  :tongue:

swearing is SO fucking irrelevant that i just swore rigth now without thinking...now heres what i was originally going to say, its so irrelevant that one time i got a detention for saying Ass jokingly....and then 2 years later i say fuck in the most pissed off offensive way and i get a dirtly look.....wtf?  :smirk:

edit: same teacher.

OfflineMrBump
 User Gallery

Re: I swear way too much... [Re: ]
    #3283979 - 10/27/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hmmmm  i just thought of something.

i wonder what kind of cool meds those with tourrettes syndrome can get? :cuss: :pottymouth: :pottymouth:

--------------------

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
    #3284251 - 10/27/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This may help...

cuss control academy

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

OfflineMrBump
 User Gallery

Re: I swear way too much... [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3284680 - 10/27/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

great link!

5 mo-fo'n shrooms to you.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3284962 - 10/27/04 03:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The idea of people who swear as a sign of ignorance makes me sick to my FUCKING .............

Anyway swearing isn't a bad thing. If you want to quit swearing just do it. Everytime you swear put a dollar into a jar. After a couple hundred bucks donate it to a good cause.

You'll learn very quickly.

I used this method in a church youth group once. Very effective. And 2 very old ladies got very nice gifts!

Anyway, you can quit. The mind is powerful

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale