Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
cultivating panaeolus
    #3276908 - 10/25/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

are panaeolus subbalteatus and panaeolus cyanescens difficult to cultivate?

do they use similar conditions/substrate as p. cubensis?

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: cultivating panaeolus [Re: wds]
    #3276997 - 10/25/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Check out this and this .
Covers the cyans.

Offlinewds
another brick

Re: cultivating panaeolus [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #3277008 - 10/25/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thanks a lot, i didn't see anything specifically about pan cyans on grow info, maybe i didn't look hard enough.

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Offlinewds
another brick

#3277026 - 10/25/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

do you have to spawn panaeolus to poo?
what about cultivating copelandia cyanescens?

--------------------

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

#3277514 - 10/25/04 10:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure as I've never attempted cultivation of those species. Try doing a search on pans and set it to get all main posts from about 2 years back, should bring up plenty of info. Good luck.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3277524 - 10/25/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Copelandia Cyans=Panoleous Cyans.

They say you should spawn to poo. Myc grows on grain but people say its better to use it to spawn to poo (or straw). I've heard people say you can fruit from grains. I am also curious if I could fruit them of off rye. Been looking into pan cyans. Subbs I heard love wood but I only heard that in passing so that could be wrong.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinewds
another brick

Re: cultivating panaeolus [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3277706 - 10/25/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

scatmanrav, i was thinking the same thing of using rye. i don't have the means to use poo.

i wonder why copelandia cyans are the same as panaeolus cyans, thats weird to have 2 names for the same thing.

--------------------

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #3277828 - 10/26/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Panaeolus Cyanescens are also called Copelandia.

They are easy to be cultivated since you can pasteurize some poo.

Just shoot Panaeolus CYanescens into bef/verm cakes or grains, let them colonise, then pasteurize the poo and then spawn and case. And you are ready.
Just do exactly i did in this growlog (even though this was about cubensis but you must do exactly the same to grow some Copes):
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3252395/an/0/page/1#3252395

Offlinewds
another brick

Re: cultivating panaeolus [Re: Hamurabi]
    #3277854 - 10/26/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

so, spawn to poo is required? or it just yields the best results?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3278134 - 10/26/04 02:56 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Like wds said..we are not asking about poo..what about WITHOUT using poo or straw? Both are a pain for me to deal with at an apartment in the center of town.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineNNY
Z?

Loc: USA
    #3278153 - 10/26/04 03:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

poo and straw isnt that hard to do, IMO. i also live in an apartment and ive done it. i bought it online because i couldnt find it localy.

my limited experiance with pan cyans (growing them for the first time now, grain spawning to straw) is that they grow painfully slow. at least the strain ive got now is taking its dear sweet time, despite my incubator. ive grown regular cubes before and know the routine, these just wont co-operate. and yeah, i did plenty of research to make sure i know the differences.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: cultivating panaeolus [Re: NNY]
    #3278169 - 10/26/04 03:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've done it too but its not worth it to do it again.

I've heard Pan Cyans like to incubate in room temp (75-77) so hopefully you don't have them in 86 degrees.

--------------------

Offlinewds
another brick

#3278270 - 10/26/04 04:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

are subbalteatus hard to cultivate as well? i was just thinking it might be worth it to cultivate pans if they are potent.

what are some easy to cultivate (in your experience) mushrooms that are more potent than cubensis?

--------------------

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3278289 - 10/26/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

cubes are still considered quite potent from all my experiences eating them... it's not like you have to eat a lot of shrooms for a good trip. Nothing like eating cactus or anything...

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Re: cultivating panaeolus [Re: Sam1912]
    #3278305 - 10/26/04 04:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Panaeolus Cyanescens are much more potent than cubes.
Pan cyans give extremely strong visuals and are very euphoric in my experience.
i have many experiences eating 4-6g dried cubes but nothing was like eating 1,5g dried pan cyans,extraordinary unbelievable super strong trip!

Scatmanrav: I also live in the center of a town (Athens) and there aren't stables/horses and stuff. i just go to a nursery and buy some composted manure. Don't tell me you don't have nurseries in your town?!?!

You MUST spawn some poo to cultivate them.They don't fruit from just grains or brf cakes.
They incubate well even at 86F.
They like to fruit in ~77F.

Edited by Hamurabi (10/26/04 04:58 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3278336 - 10/26/04 04:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't actually. There are some around but this isn't the problem. I don't know about Greece but in the US we have this thing called a "police state". The cops sit in the center of town and would notice and be suspicious of me running large bags of compost/manure/straw up all the time. Not to mention the other 2 tenants in the apartment building. Plus pasturizing is a royal pain in my ASS! I love sterilizing much more. I have things that I don't need cops drawing attention to me and this:

It's not worth it to me if I can use grain to fruit them. Even if I get half the yeild per amount of substrate..its still worth it for me to not deal with poo. Not to mention my roommate not wanting it in the apartment.

--------------------

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

#3278356 - 10/26/04 05:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Greece if you saw from the news from the Olympics had excellent security which means very strict policemen everywhere. The same happenes all the time. Police men everywhere.

Buying a bag of composted manure is what thousands of people do for their plants for their gardens. It doesn't look suspicius at all !!

About pasteurizing just do this ,it's extremely easy : buy oven bags(they put turkeys and chickens in them), fill with your substrate (poo) after you have mixed it with water and put it in the oven at 150F and leave it in there for 6-7 hours. then just turn it off and let it cool in there.
It's extremely easy,believe me.
And don't worry about the smell, it doesnt smell like shit,it gives just a very light smell of soil which dispapears in a few minutes.

And sth last: they will NOT fruit from grains. just my 2c

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3278386 - 10/26/04 05:25 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Um.. you don't know what police everywhere means until you lived in a metro or suburb area in USA. I've been to Greece a number of times. You guys really don't know what police everywhere means.

And yeah.. they are active. They don't sit around and wait for things. They stop people if they have a wierd look on their face. That's how most druggies get caught with MJ or tweak in Cali.

And of course.. damn righteous neighbors. I was taking a nap in my car on a cross country drive. I was in residential area right after dark. I woke up to 2 firemen and 4 policeman knocking on my window with a flashlight. They said someone called about suspicious person. It's no joke in US.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

#3278399 - 10/26/04 05:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well i don't know WHEN you came to Greece but after the Olympics you have no clue what 's going on with the secutiry system. We have cameras in the streets and walls (even hidden) ,every sms in the mobiles is being checked from the police and there are all the time 2 zeppelins int he sky that can zoom AND HEAR in a 300m distance !!!!
The security now in Greece is far away that a few years before.
The thing that the policemen come to ask for ID and such if you look suspicius happens here and remember this hapenning to me too from the age of 13.

Anyway,these don't have to do with cultivation and i can;t understand why go buy some composted manure from a nursery is suspicius?!?!?!
i dont think that the nurseries sell the manure ONLY for the mushroom cultivators!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3278404 - 10/26/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've woken to police after a nap in my car almost a dozen times. I guess they'd rather have tired drivers on the road then stopping off for a nap. I cannot speak for Greece or compare it to the US but as far as drug laws and enforcment of them go..the US is all about "zero tolerance" and "drug users are funding the terrorists and so are terrorists".

Well you sonabitch, you talked me into it. Hell I got the oven bags lying around too. I had previously dismissed it because I use such a large amount of substrate, to fill two closets full continuously would need me to carry up alot of shit. However for Pans, I guess I'll try it, you make it sound to easy..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate