Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinexShrooMBoX
Stranger
I am starting to farm some mushrooms
    #3275632 - 10/25/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hello i am wanting to farm some shrooms and thought i would ask some questions because i need
some help with alot of things. First the temperature of my house inside is 60-65 degrees 24 hours
a day.Below is a list of objects i will be using so feel free to tell me all i need to know about
growing mushrooms and tell me what all i need to do if something is a bad idea do i need to steralize
it or really nething that i dont include that you think i should know.

Qty.
2 3 foot wide/3 foot long/10 inch depth sliding bins that slide out from underneath my bed.
12 4-5 inch deep/10 inch long/9 inch width Metal or Plastic treys ??which would be better?? Or should i use
something else.
2 Hair blow dryers so i can keep humidity in the giant bins. ??good idea or bad?? If good
How long should i keep them on for a day. I also have school.
2 Clear plastic wrap, wrapped ontop the two giant bins to trap the humidity inside. ??Good or bad??
?? It is dark underneath my bed so do i need lighting to help the shrooms grow if so what should i use
a small lamp light or what. Also how long should i have it on for a day. (Have School).
5 Syringes of spores. If i am buying 5 syringes of spores for how i will be growing what will be the best
type of strains. You can pick the same one more than once or hell if there good as hell pick all 5 but here
are the ones i am looking at and nothing else. B+ ... Blue Meanie ... Cambodian ... South American
... Z Strain ... Tasmanian ... Texas so please tell me what you think i should do. I will be buying from
Spore-Syringe.com
?? How many bags of Spawn/Straw Substrate/Casing Soil Should i get for 12 bins as listed above. And what is
The best kind to get i will be buying from www.mushbox.com with there straw substrate is 5 lbs a bag.

Well thats all i can think of what ill be using. For the questions, what all should i do before starting
to grow my mushrooms. Before putting in the spawn and injecting and everything do i have to steralize nething
what all do i have to do. Ive heard things about stuff being dirty wont work. And what is the stuff about mold
what are things i can do to stop that also. How much spawn should i put in each of the small bins. Then after
the spawn is in do i pack it tightly or just lightly put it in there. When i have my syringes how far do i stick
the needle into the spawn and how much do i inject into each place and how far apart from each other. How much
water do i put in each of the small bins do i put alot of water in there or none at all if i do. Do i put water
in before or after i inject the spores if after how long after do i have to let the spores settle a little.
Also i will have a spray bottle full of bottled spring water to spray in the bins. How much do i spray and is
bottled spring water a bad idea. If it is what is a better thing to use. Is there nething else i need to put
on them or nething i need to add etc.I will also have a small temp guage in each of the giant bins to check
the temperature from time to time. what should i be keeping the temp at. (also have the hair dryers blowing
warm/hot hair in there all day with plastic wrap over the top of the giant sliding bins. How much lighting
should i use. just enough for light or actual high watt. That is all i can really think of if there is anything
else that i should know or i have to do while maintaining them or any information at all that i will need to
bring my little babies to life please let me know and you can email me at XxDjStrobexX@msn.com if you do not want
to write back. So please if you see this respond cause i need all the help i can get. Thank yall hope to hear from
you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: I am starting to farm some mushrooms [Re: xShrooMBoX]
    #3275688 - 10/25/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

dear god you typed alot. I'm going to go through it piece by piece and see if i can answer your questions...

Ok, you want to know what you need to grow some mushrooms... First, I suggest looking at Teks like the PF Tek which can be found on the main site, just go to the top of the page and go to Mushroom Info, Growing Mushrooms, Basic Cultivation Teks. Those things will give you a basic idea on what you need...

Also search the forum for Tub-in-tub incubator as well as the Poor Man's Pod. You may have to dig a bit, but you'll find what you need (instructions). These setups are rather easy to take care of, take almost no work to put together really. A little money, yes, but not too bad.

You can build your own automated lighting system for $6 at Wal*mart, I know because I did it. Get a $4 timer that turns on once a day and off once a day. Get a $1 extension cord and a $1 night light. :smile: you're set my friend. You can set it inside or outside, but I prefer outside myself... Just cut a small section and cover it with clear plastic (some people use saran wrap or the like but i don't trust that... use a clear, thick plastic or plexi-glass, not that expensive at Home Depot). Put your light shining in the plastic and it's on the timer, there you go.

Other than that I suggest you come here for advice on your grow, these guys answer questions and will really take care of you.

Oh, and good luck!

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: I am starting to farm some mushrooms [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3275692 - 10/25/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

typing alot = having some idea what to do :thumbup: :grin:

--------------------

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: I am starting to farm some mushrooms [Re: aussieone]
    #3275726 - 10/25/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, his ideas may have worked, but he was going too complicated for his first grow IMO. I think it's essential to get the basics down because too much complication was the downfall of my first attempt - after my first successful grow, alot of things made much more sense.

Oh, by the way, sealing that clear plastic/plexiglass with caulk is a good idea, tape just won't cut it. Silicon sealant also works well.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: I am starting to farm some mushrooms [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3275845 - 10/25/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

first is getting the grow simple and right, second grow should be time for some experementation about the things you did wrong and how they can be improved etc etc

--------------------

OfflinexShrooMBoX
Stranger
Re: I am starting to farm some mushrooms [Re: aussieone]
    #3276018 - 10/25/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

gotcha well what should i go with for my first grow and where should i go. but what is wrong with all that im doing up above say if it wasent my first time would this be a good way to go ?

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3276045 - 10/25/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

do the PF tek. try casing it, use perlite humidification, but add a little more water so that the humidity isnt 100% but rather 90%. home depot has mad cheap perlite. ur set.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflinexShrooMBoX
Stranger
Re: I am starting to farm some mushrooms [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3276295 - 10/25/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sup.. what is a pressure cooker .... what can i use it for like .. do u put water in it or do u just put stuff in it and it steralizes it ... like grain and steralizes it ... and what should i do for a humidifer what is a good small thing to use for adding a good amount of humidity

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3276309 - 10/25/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

a pressure cooker/canner is also a steam sterilizer, it builds
pressure higher than a regular pot and allows it to reach a
higer temperature as well... you need about an inch of water
in the bottom and a stove or hotplate to make it work

the first 2 sections here are what you need to read

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3171

OfflinexShrooMBoX
Stranger
Re: I am starting to farm some mushrooms [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3276342 - 10/25/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

whats up what is a awsome site to get spore syringes well just about everything i will need to cultivate mushrooms. whats a site that has everything from prints to like pressure cookers and etc.

OfflinexShrooMBoX
Stranger
    #3276380 - 10/25/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Also another question where can i buy perlite

Offlinekingkoopa
Stranger

#3276450 - 10/25/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

click on the shroomery sponsors link at the top of the page for a good list of vendors for spores. i recently bought a couple of syringes from spouresource.com and they've been great.

you can get a PC at walmart for about 40 bucks. In fact, just about everything you need you will be able to find at Wal Mart. Vermiculite can be found at a nursery and perlite can be found at a nursery or at some home depots, but if you build a PMP (to fruit in) you will need hydroton or geo-lite (instead of perlite), which can be found at a hydroponics shop.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom