Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 27.How do I stay positive during a trip?
    #3275176 - 10/25/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: FAQ 48.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: Rose]
    #3275702 - 10/25/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Uh...You don't. Trying to force a trip towards one direction or another is rarely effective. Rather then trying to stay positive, it is better to change some part of your environment. A small change in lighting or music will likely end a bad trip much faster then starting to worry about staying positive.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflinePsillyOne
One I
Re: FAQ 48.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: tomk]
    #3276012 - 10/25/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent advice from tomk - If you fight it, it will fight you!

Only trip when your head is in a good space. Only trip when your environment IS good space. By tripping only on indole based psychedelics or mescaline, know that physical death is not a possibility. Then simply embrace whatever else comes no matter what. If you feel like you're "dying" - die. If you are confronted with a pit of filthy venomous snakes dive right in.....

The way out is through....

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: FAQ 48.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: Rose]
    #3276788 - 10/25/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Best way to stay positive is to plan. Set up a nice surrounding, clear your schedule for the nxt 24hrs, and go into it with a mindset of having a good time.

One thing I found is that I used to go into trips with huge expectations. To solve these huge questions in my life. Now I go into it knowing that I may realize some things I don't want to realize, but to use it in a positive way. To find out more and more of who I am.

I mean how can you not have a good mindset going into mushrooms? I'm giddy like a kid on christmas when i get my hands on them  :smile:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: FAQ 27.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: Rose]
    #4015650 - 04/05/05 01:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Here is the answer so far. Please add to this discussion or edit ANY FAQ answers within the Tripper's FAQ Wiki.

How do I stay positive during a trip?

Return to FAQ Main List
Discuss at The Shroomery BB

By Shroomism

I like to set a mental goal for the trip, like face a certain fear, unresolved issue, etc.
Something that will help me to grow and evolve in some way. After all mushrooms are a sacred psychadelic spiritual tool. I like to focus on this goal for a moment, and then meditate for as long as feels necessary to clear thoughts and inner energies, to center and balance myself for the trip ahead.

Keep yourself in a positive or neutral environment. Do not have a lot of loud distractions/drunken roommates/bad energy. If you are tripping indoors, clean and organize your area beforehand, this will help with the energy.

Give yourself plenty of options of things to do and/or good friends and company to have.

* Music is an essential in my opinion - listening to it and playing it
* Laid back, comfortable environment
* Good friends
* A notebook for writing down your thoughts may come in handy
* Art is always fun

One of my favorite places for a positive trip is outdoors - in nature. There is just something about being surrounded by vibrant greenery.. trees, grass, water, rocks.. life.. that enhances trips. Meditate in nature and just TRY and feel negative...

In my opinion there are three things that influence tripping the most

* Your thoughts
* The people you are around
* Your environment

Happy tripping!

By TripMeister

The best way is to do something fun.

The most fun and positive entertainment you can have while tripping involves music, playing it or listening to someone elses, especially through a good pair of headphones.

See Good Tripping Music TripToys and MeditationInformation.

Also, having photographs of treasured moments, friends & family can be uplifting and provide a sense of being grounded.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4016245 - 04/05/05 08:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you can try and set up a positive trip by choosing your setting carefully, and choosing your time when you have a good mindset. but once the trip has begun, you just flow with it and see what happens.

i disagree with the 'setting goals' thing. you can't decide what the drug is going to show you. usually when people make plans for a trip, they either go wrong or the plans just don't happen at all. just flow with it. but i guess different things work for different people.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: FAQ 27.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: alsey]
    #4016527 - 04/05/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'd question the question - as there are points when 'positive' doesn't really mean anything during a trip - and trips are much deeper experiences than any dualistic, good, bad categorisation can suggest. I've revelled in holding countless contrary emotions and feelings at once, the exhilaration of facing a fear, crawling out of the well of my own inner sadness - as well as laughing hysterically at my socks.

Sure good music, well devised and laid out setting, thorough preparation and well chosen companions will help the vibe....

....but....

...I feel the only way to truly navigate any trip, the main thing you need to bear in mind to traverse the psychedellic journey is....

....total acceptance....

If you are prepared to accept everything and anything that comes up while tripping your tits off you're fine.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: FAQ 27.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4016772 - 04/05/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Let it be.

Do not take anything you feel for face value. In a second you will feel a completely different way.

I think some real good advice is to forget what you think positive is. You will be shown on the trip dualities that appear to be the same thing. It is only the way you look at something that puts a category on it, like positive. If you suspend your judgement on what positive is you are more free to just experience. And experiencing is the positive part of the trip!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: FAQ 27.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4017322 - 04/05/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
I think some real good advice is to forget what you think positive is. You will be shown on the trip dualities that appear to be the same thing. It is only the way you look at something that puts a category on it, like positive. If you suspend your judgement on what positive is you are more free to just experience. And experiencing is the positive part of the trip!

amen.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinemyleftnut
Stranger
    #4017505 - 04/05/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ya, just be in a comfortable enviroment. And with people you really like. I personally only trip with my wife now in days or with really good friends.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: FAQ 27.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4018342 - 04/05/05 05:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:

....total acceptance....

Total acceptance = k3y  :smile:

Invisiblepurity

User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: FAQ 27.How do I stay positive during a trip? [Re: MOTH]
    #4026366 - 04/07/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wow, ive never thought about it, but ive tripped hard several times and rarely 'just accept[ed] it'. thats some good advice. i think i now understand why i sometimes come out of a trip red-faced and sprung like i just got in a fist-fight. how bout them apples  :laugh:

oh, and i know this sounds somewhat shallow, but fine women who's company and bodies i enjoy have always been a positive point of my trips.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds