Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBosCube
Pot is getting trippier after mushies
    #327418 - 05/27/01 09:42 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

After I have tried mushies for the first few times, and smoked pot the next day it seems to me like pot brings some of the effects back. I heard from someone that after you have taken mushrooms that the next couple of days pot and music make you sort of have some flashbacks. In general after I have tried the mushies pot has really got better. It seems like there is lots of side eye visuals and trippy sight involved now. Never enough to actually have a hallucination but certainly much tripper than pot really is. Closed eye visuals have increased as well when smoking pot now. So does anyone know whether pot does actually bring some of the effects back, or has anyone noticed a similar thing about pot being trippier. I am pretty sure that it brings some effects back when you have it the next morning after tripping all night. But maybe it is just that pot gets you really smashed if you have been tripping the day before. Does anyone know anything about this or is it just me having fantasies after smoking some pot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePotSmokinHippie
Pothead

Loc: New york
Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: BosCube]
    #327464 - 05/27/01 10:53 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well, people have been known to be more prone to acid flashbacks while on reefer. My guess is that the weed is helping in inducing a shroom flashback of some sorts. That's never happened to me, but it sounds cool.

If you're only as young as you feel I died 3 years ago.

--------------------
"assumption is the mother of all fuckup" - me

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
    #327488 - 05/27/01 11:25 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

It isn't a flashback, pot IS psychedelic, and maybe after you have been to shroomland a couple times, you have learned to realize the psychedelic state more clearly.. That's what I think. Of course, you could still be feeling enlightened a bit from the shrooms, but I doubt it is really a flashback. I think when it comes to pot and psychedelics, they build on themselves. Unlike cocaine or heroin or other 'hard' drugs that you have to keep doing more of to get to that same blissful state. It's like you 'learn' how to trip, and now you will always have that power.

//sananaB cinataS tronS I//

--------------------

OfflineBosCube
Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: zeuzjuz]
    #327589 - 05/28/01 02:02 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

That makes lot of sense to me. Probably because since I took the shrooms I have been looking differently at other things around me. I guess before I would never stand there and look at the things from nature for such a long time. But now I always look at anything natural and I appreciate its beauty and before all these things just flew past me. You refer to this as learning how to trip and it does actually make sense as now when I am smashed I will be looking at everything differently than I used to. I wasn't really talking about full flashbacks but it is more like seeing patterns in everything when you smoke the next day. ( little flashes in front of the eyes, side-eyed visuals). Anyway your theory sounds the most convincing reason to me so far about this topic.
By the way what other drugs are psychadelics except for pot, shrooms and trips (LSD).

Invisiblezeuzjuz
kicker of elves
    #327636 - 05/28/01 03:55 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Lots of other things are psychedelic besides pot, mushies, and LSD. DMT, mescaline, 2ct7, Ibogaine, DPT, DIPT, AMT, etc. etc. etc to infinity... Take a visit to www.erowid.org or www.lycaeum.org and you will find out most of what you need to know, or at least find the resources to get there. Slight visuals are not abnormal with really good pot. Wish I had some that good at the moment!

--------------------

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #327739 - 05/28/01 10:06 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yeah this is quite a common experience. Check out the sites mentioned as well as doing a search on this board. It's been discussed many times around here.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

InvisibleUv1
enthusiast

Loc: Bloom County
Post deleted by users_request [Re: BosCube]
    #329366 - 05/30/01 12:44 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineBosCube
Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: Uv1]
    #329477 - 05/30/01 06:10 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I sort of agreee with you. I was talking about the next day thing as it is the most obvious one. But I do realise that mushies have made me enjoy pot more than ever before. I really love tripping and now when I smoke pot I think mushies have taught me how to make it trippy, and enjoy it to its extent.
I do get some of those feelings that you have described but I really love it when pot gives you such a nice suprise.

"Once upon a time a cow ate some mushies and some buds while eating its grass. A few hours later it shat out a good mixture of the both. The shit was confused and didn't know what to grow so that is why we are confused between shroom and pot tripping"

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #329696 - 05/30/01 01:08 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I've never tried pot the day after shrooms, so no comment there.

But ever since the first time I did shrooms, pot has had WILDLY different affect on me. It now only takes 2 or 3 inhales for me, instead of 2 or 3 joints before I tried shrooms. Also, pot gives me serious trips. It's a totally different trip than shrooms, but I'd definately classify it as a trip. I hallucinate, but I don't see any "new" images. Just distortions of things that are there. The most common is that everything flattens out into 2D, and color washes out until it looks like I'm watching a cartoon. All this accompanied by the same type of thought patterns I have while on shrooms.

-----------------------

The key, you see, is Understanding.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleBirdseye
donald
Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: trendal]
    #329755 - 05/30/01 02:05 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

After having done DPT, DMT, LSD, 2-ct7, DXM, K, 10x Salvia, shrooms, and more I also feel pot is different. I have closed eye visuals a lot on pot now, but in the real world sober I also have a lot of visual after-images (tracers) so maybe these go together. But I haven't experienced any increased "mindfuck" from pot now, only really the visual sense.

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: Birdseye]
    #4880791 - 11/01/05 06:12 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

and maybe after you have been to shroomland a couple times, you have learned to realize the psychedelic state more clearly.. That's what I think. Of course, you could still be feeling enlightened a bit from the shrooms,

Def. correct. I am usually boggled by my thinking when I'm high, and I often get extremly confused and cant' tell how I think about something/someone but if I smoke the day after I trip I feel like I am smarter and more concise.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #4881028 - 11/01/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

After shrooms, I get a lot out of pot.

:grin:

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinenonick
Stranger

Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: soochi]
    #4881214 - 11/01/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

the best thing to do is to take a mushroom trip without smoking, and then go back to your normal life for a few days..get yourself into various situtatons that you normally encounter during those few days(up to a week) ...then smoke some good pot. this is absolutely the best way to reflect upon a trip. the key is that you observe your "everyday" life for a few days while you are in the afterglow of your trip.

i like the previous post that talked about how you learn to trip with experience. i feel the same way. i havent ever returned to the mental state i was in before my first trip. i don't see how i would ever get back to that state of mind. maybe if i never tripped again, and got sucked back into a "normal" life..but thats the wonderful part about tripping. once you start, you never want to stop.

Edited by nonick (11/01/05 07:48 PM)

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: nonick]
    #4881265 - 11/01/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

The first time I ever smoked pot, I had a level 4 trip, similar to acid. I had no clue what was going on, because it was the first drug I'd ever tried. But I experienced full blown time dialation (whole trip seemed like years), I was seeing things that were not there, like watching an entire episode of Gumby play out on my desk, with the little clay dudes running around. I got stuck in a thought loop with time dialation, which resulted in me screaming "It's only been ONE SECOND!" over and over again at the clock. When I closed my eyes it got real nuts.

So yes, pot definitely is a psychedelic. I could still trip for the next 10 times I smoked or so, but I can't do that now of course. But yeah, the shrooms might have just put you more in touch with what you know to feel as tripping.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #4881287 - 11/01/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

While I realize how intense pot can get, I'm inclined to think that's total BS... Otherwise it was probably not pot... or laced

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: StickyWater]
    #4883430 - 11/02/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

StickyWater said:
While I realize how intense pot can get, I'm inclined to think that's total BS... Otherwise it was probably not pot... or laced

I thought the same thing man. But I'm not the only person who has tripped that hard on just pot. I know a couple more people who had the same first experience. And I've also tripped on at least 4 different types of pot. It wasn't laced, it was the fact that my tolerance was nonexistant, because it was my first time doing anything, and it really got me. It's a rare occurrence, I agree, but not unheard of at all.

EDIT: Also, each time I tripped on pot, I was one of three people smoking. So the answer is no, it was not laced. It wasn't tampered with when i wasn't looking, and no jokes were played.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Edited by jonathanseagull (11/02/05 02:04 PM)

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: StickyWater]
    #4883445 - 11/02/05 11:38 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Why? pot is classified as being psychoactive. There's is actually much we still don't know about the effects of the active substances in cannabis and humans. But that has more to do with its current legality.

Go Denver!!! :grin:

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: soochi]
    #4884245 - 11/02/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Me and my friend smoked some really fire dank the other night and he was experiencing ego loss. He said could view every second from every point of view at the same time. He could feel his heart beat and his eyes were pulsing. So ya, some good pot can be considered tripping.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Pot is getting trippier after mushies [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #4884462 - 11/02/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Its been more than one year since Ive dosed on anything. I really ate alot of heavy doses. Shrooms less so because they are so very powerful and in my opinion, the most efficiant hallucinogen. I ate alot of ayahuasca over a period of two days and it was so damn intense that i dont know if my vision will ever fully recover or if I can ever take a reasonable dose of any psychadelic ever again.
What I mean is that long after the drug is fully out of your system you can see faint to massive visuals.
When I smoke pot(year later) I get the mind job plus really intense visuals.
I can even make myself quite nervous by smokeing too much at one time or even throughout the day. Its hard on my mind in this way because I am so much more conscious of what the drug is doing to me in so many complex ways. Its not much fun anymore, but more of an intellectual type trip full of measurments and super analytical mind fuck.
I think that this is due mostly to pot being a hallucinogen in the first place+Synapse activity like cross fireing makes the more latent after trip effects come to light. Also it gives you one hell of a rediscovered respect for the herb.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds