Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
nubious example of a spherical universe... (please read - it needs some refinement)
    #3273986 - 10/25/04 01:25 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A lot of posts lately have been talking about conciousness, the universe, time among other things, and I was inspired to come up with my own model to explan what I feel to be possible.

If we look at a solid sphere, I say we can use this as a decent model of our universe. If we look at the big bang theory, we can probably all agree that the moment of creation - the moment of the bang, could be considered the start of a linear time scale. Now that relates to the sphere in terms of the radius. Trendal, in another post, explained our universe as somewhat of a bubble - where our 3 dimensions exist on the 'skin' of the bubble, I feel that most accurate when trying to understand a 4 dimensional universe - 3 spacial & 1 of time (I know there are other theories supporting up to 10 or more dimensions but for my example we need not use them).

No if we exist on the 'skin' of a solid sphere, and we relate time to be the radius, we would then have to assume that the sphere be expanding consistantly with the flow of time, right? If we take it even further than that, we can factor in the possiblity of parallel (sp?) universes, but first, we need to adjust the way we think about ourselves...
To understand what I'm building up to, we need to stop thinking of ourselves as moving through time. By this I mean we are not gone from the past nor are we moving to the future - we are forever in both, but witness to now. Once you can think about it like that, it makes sense that we cannot go back in time, nor can we go forward - our perception of time is set by our internal processors - our brain.

As this solid sphere of space-time expands, our perception observes choices within the limits of our current situation. What we decide to do, ultimately decides the future, but (I feel) that if we understand this concept further it gets back to what I was saying about parallel universes:

As the sphere expands, so does the skin surrounding it - we can think of the skin, or surface area as every possible outcome for the 'now' moment in time. By this I mean s the universe expands and expands, so does the overall time of evolution. As things evolve and get more and more complex, so do the possible outcomes for any given situation - on one hand, the leaf could float left, on the other, it could float right - in reality, it flows both ways - it is us who only perceive it to float one direction, as we ourselves are on path of our own.

To simplify, think of a Choose your own adventure book. The whole story is already written, but as you read, you experience different sensations based on what you're perceive to be the story. In the case of reality, our bodies are just part of the story - our conciousness is the reader holding the book, able to decide what happens next.

We see this play out in Quantum Physics as well. I'm not sure the ACTUAL term, so I'll refer to them as quarks. When observed, they go in the direction the observer believed the quark would go - this shows that our conciousness, on an extremely minute level, controls physical reality. Pretty amazing I thought...
This plays into what Jesus had preached (and don't get me wrong - I'm not religious), but from what I've been taught is that he had told those around him that we are all one - "I am" was a term found often in the bible - We are all creators.
Does Christianity not preach that God is Everywhere, all the time? Well for that to be true that must mean he is in each and every one of us - including our conciousness, but, what if instead of god being inside of us, we WERE god?
Each sentient conciousness a small part of the whole god-conciousness.

Have you ever found that when you will something to happen, it usually does, but when you don't believe it will, it usually doesn't? I feel it's possible that our perception truly has the ability to create ourselves into anything we so wish - be it an astronaut, a physicist, or otherwise - we all just have our own hangups to get over in order to get there. It's only when you give up that the option is no longer pushed for, and that's when we have ourselves believe that the goal is unattainable, and as such, our subconcious makes the believable a reality.

I hope that makes sense for some of you - I'm interested in what you guys have to say..

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Edited by nubious (10/25/04 12:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: nubious' Official Model of Reality (v1.0) [Re: nubious]
    #3274020 - 10/25/04 01:41 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I found this after I posted - I don't understand the math but maybe someone else will...

http://www.integralscience.org/sphere.html

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom