Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewonderllama
Stranger
Bluish contam?
    #3268459 - 10/23/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just picked a few shrooms off one of my cakes and they have a blueish color on the stems and I was wondering if these were contaminated or not. The cake itself looks fine except for the spot where I picked the shrooms from has some of that color there as well. It doesn't look like the pics I've seen of green mold of blue-green mold. The largest shroom of the bunch opened up and dropped its spores overnight, so I was initially thinking that this might just be coloration from that. However, the opened shroom has a hollow stem, and the color is on the inside as well. So here's some pics for consideration. I tried to take one looking up a hollow stem to show the coloration in there, but it didn't turn out. Any ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Bluish contam? [Re: wonderllama]
    #3268547 - 10/23/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

dont worry,

They bruise blue.

mycelium can bruise blue too.

When the caps open up they should release spores that are purple. Is that what you got?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlinewonderllama
Stranger
Re: Bluish contam? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3268558 - 10/23/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Aye, that's what I got.  There's a patch of purple on the perlite where spres fell as well.  I was hoping it was just bruising, but was unsure since it was like that when I picked 'em, and I haven't really handled the cakes themselves.  Just didn't wanna eat something that'll make me sick, better safe than sorry.  Thanks.  :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract