Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
unexpected growth
    #3261584 - 10/21/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ok so those of you who say my post before i had quart jars that had brf and perlite in them. i was told due to all the tropubles that i should just throw em out and start new ones.. well i took what was growing in one of the jars and cased it not expecting anything to happen at all. i used a square box with foil covoring it (about 8 inches and 3 inches tall. i put a layer of watered down perlite and potting soil at the bottom about 3/4 inch thick and broke what pieces of mycelin i had up and covored it with about another 3/4 to a inch of plain watered down potting soil and i closed the box and its been sittin there for about 4 days. i just opened it up and what do i see. spikey mycelin i think. its too small to get a clear picture of it but im pretty sure its what it is. anyways this was totally unexpected what can i do for these babies to survive? do i need a terrarium for them i know humitidy isnt as important cause there cased. so help me out what should i do with this and dont tell me to throw it out and start over again =)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: unexpected growth [Re: insanity_420]
    #3261891 - 10/21/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Try casing the parts that colonize. Hell it can't kill anything right and you already have the jars.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: unexpected growth [Re: Magash]
    #3262268 - 10/21/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

From what I saw of the jars you only have about 1/4 pint of substrate if that. You'll be lucky if you get .5-1 grams per flush. Hopefully after three you'll have enough for yourself to trip.

You need a terrerium. Humidty IS _very_ important. Give them 12 hours of light a day keep humidity around 90%, mist occasionally, lots of fresh air.

Just remember that mycelium alone does not produce mushrooms. It will only produce enough mushrooms for the food its got. If you only give them a few grains it could colonize the whole thing white but theres no nutrition so it still will only put out piddily from fruits. Good luck anyways!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: unexpected growth [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3262445 - 10/21/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well thanks i can kinda get a idea of whats gunna happen can i just use a 10 gallon tank upside down as a terrarium and mist it daily. humidity 90% right 1 gram per flush is fine with me too just enough to let me know im doing things properly. like i said i didnt expect this so im gunna get wut i get ill let u guys know

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: unexpected growth [Re: insanity_420]
    #3262660 - 10/21/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I said if your lucky 1 gram per flush. I've used a little extra stuff before. Cased about 1/4 pints worth of substrate and got 4 flushes that were about .4 grams each.. not even 2 grams after almost 2 months. I had a little corner of my closet I wasn't using though which is why I kept it. I'll dig up some pics of it if I have time later..got to go do some pressure cooking soon though.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: unexpected growth [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3262748 - 10/21/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

aight if u get around to it that be cool. one mushroom thats all i need to make a sporeprint =) how long of a wait am i lookin at before i start to see any mushies?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract