Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
(Apr-04-2005) - Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen.....
    #3259758 - 10/21/04 08:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

April-04-2005 Update....  NEW STUFF....!  :grin:  Well, new here, it was all archived....  :shrug:

OK, here are some of my 3D digital abstract 3D/R3 fractal art creations....  Using Bryce 3D software in new ways and creating/developing tecniques to do what I do....  The bad thing is that making the files small enough to upload kinda~ cut the quality way down....  :frown:  At least you will get the basic effect.... 

Divine Creatures

One of my favorites from the 3-D stuff.... 

Echoes of a Paradox

Second fav...!  I actually set up this 3-D model in a half hour while talking on the phone....  It don't usually happen like that, but I'll take it either way....!  :grin:    I tried selling poster sized prints of this one on EBAY for a while with little success....  I guess the world wasn't ready yet...!?  :lol:

DieNetix

The name came from the picture off the cover of the similarly named book....  Looked like an exploding volcano to me for some reason...!?  :shrug:

Eye of the Storm

Look for shelter my friends....!  :shocked:

Central Structure

Wierd colors, kinda~ mustardish....!?  :lol:

Alien Evolution

Reminded me of the eggs from the movie "Alien"....  :grin:

Sorry it took so long to add more, I have been busy lately with other important stuff in my life....  I will upload more to the 2-D Fractal stuff tomorrow when I have more upload space....   

Much LOVE to you and yours...!    :heartpump:  :sun:

ChoW~
>^;;^<

October-21-2004 (Original Post)

First off, I am REALLLLLLLY SORRRY, that was purely an advertisement gimic....  :grin:

OK, here are some of my 3D digital abstract 3D/R3 fractal art creations....  Using Bryce 3D software in new ways and creating/developing tecniques to do what I do....  The bad thing is that making the files small enough to upload kinda~ cut the quality way down....  :frown:  At least you will get the basic effect.... 

Digtal Jellyfish.... (This is a small section from a larger image named "Liquid Sky"....)

To me, they look like psychedelic JellyFish caught timelessly in a suspended liquid, liquid,  ,  ,  ,  SSssssTuffffffffffff......  :what:

Nerve Core....

I have noticed -in general- that most people seem to like symmetry in art, and also a centered point of focus....  *Most* of my stuff is not like that.... 

Twist of Fate

This is a good example of what I *try* to do when creating a picture....  I try to make "scenes" of colors and shapes that make you wonder what the picture would look like past the borders of the image.... 

ReBorn

This one is really out there in absractness....  These are the kind that I like to examine the intricate details in certain areas of the image....  Again, you guys are seeing these at about 1/3 to 1/2 the actual quality of the original crystal clear "crispness" of the 1024x768 BMP images.... 

Well fellow Shroomatorians, this is a a broad spectrum of my somewhat focused 3D art style/creations....  Because abstract art is very subjective, it is VERY interesting hearing comments from others about "what they see" in my images....  I will post another thread in a couple of days with some of my 2D Fractal art....  Again, I have developed my own little techniques to make my 2D fractal art a lil unique as well....  :rolleyes:  :smile:

ChoW~
>^;;^<

Edited by PhanTomCat (04/04/05 05:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSKINNYDOGGY
synth junky

Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3259961 - 10/21/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good job! i like all the colors you have used

--------------------
Feels Like Heaven Taste Like Shit

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: SKINNYDOGGY]
    #3260104 - 10/21/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I like Nerve Core, because I'm one of those who like symmetry in art :wink:

All of it fuckin rocks tho, you've got quite the talent and mastery of the program.

I wish I could see those full quality...

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: Blastrid]
    #3260286 - 10/21/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

mandelbrot would be proud

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3260376 - 10/21/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hey gimpy, those are beautiful :laugh:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: Locus]
    #3260489 - 10/21/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what programs are you using?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3260513 - 10/21/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

can anyone say new wallpaper :thumbup:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: gdman]
    #3260554 - 10/21/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm with Blastrid on this as far as which one I prefer and why.

If you have any more, I'd love to see it. This is excellent work, the colors are insane!

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #3260559 - 10/21/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

awsome stuff man, you're one of the few artists I've seen who can really take bryce and make truly outstanding art with it.  :thumbup:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#3260854 - 10/21/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nice work Tom Cat.

i have used Bryce to make abstracts,
but nothing as beautiful as yours.

Please share a few tips,

is your camera inside an object?
how do you get those latticework solids?
are you using default volumetric materials?

you should upload your fullsizes to a freesite,
that Art is definately worth it's own page. :thumbup:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: Middleman]
    #3261817 - 10/21/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you everybody....!    I didn't know if I was gonna~ be spanked or not with the title I gave this post....    Wwhhheeeewwww....  :laugh:

I will answer the questions.....

I have lots and lots more - literally hundreds....    Most never make it past my own self critisisms, end up in a "study" folder, and never get fully rendered....    I designed a website, and had it up for 3 years total, and I think MAYBE 40 people went to it the whole time....  I had my domain hosted on a buddies server, and when his server went down, I never tried putting the site back up....  Too much work just to say "it's there".....  And tried to sell the full color 13"x19" prints on EBAY for a year - that was a complete bust....  So now I just do it for my own self enjoyment, and a few friends that like them, kinda~ like my music...!

When I make a pic that is "worth" keeping, I render them at 3900x5700pixels, and it makes for a 65mg BMP file....!  Only a lil post-work of pumping up the contrasts in Photoshop....  It makes it EASY to troll thru a big picture all zoomed up, and snag a few backgrounds from it - ala "Digital Jellyfish"....

Tips.... 
No lattices, no volumes, but Yes on inside an object....  I start with a new model, make a few SIMPLE objects (sphere, cylinder, etc), and use the multi-replication tool....  Basically, this copies, rotates, and scales each new incuring copy....  - That is why if you search, you will most likely find a spiral somewhere in my images.... 

So ya~ got this lump of objects....  I create a large sphere to enclose all of these objects....    And then apply a mirrored texture to ALL of it....  Then I add a few random lightsorces around the lumpy mass, and move the camera view INSIDE of the large sphere dome.... 

OK, so here is the big factor that changes EVERYTHiNG.....  I apply picture maps onto the lightsources, so they act as projecters....  I always use my own 2D fractal creations as the picture maps....  Add Lots of adjusting and tweeking, and WaLLa~...!  You got your own Replication, Reflection, Refraction 3D Fractal art...  Every little touch to the camera's position changes the whole picture....  Good luck picking one to render...!    Then you can get a nice printer, and make a nice portfolio, and have it sit around and collect dust, like me....  :laugh:

ChoW~
And thanx~ for the kind comments...!

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3262500 - 10/21/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

damn cool. i have no idea how you people do these things! you are fucking incredible!

i like nerve core the best, simply because i like things that go into somthing..or an unkown hole type thing. makes me think while trippin. very cool man!

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3263707 - 10/22/04 03:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wow!!

Twist of Fate is my fave! They are awesome...I love the color.
You are a talented man Mr. TomCat!

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#3263726 - 10/22/04 04:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for sharin tek GTC.

i've found some bryce abstract tutorials online,
but those multi-reps are hard to figure out.

what's your average render time?
what kind of machine are you using?

i wonder what your stuff would look like animated.

i rendered an animation using Bryce Lightning on 3 G4s,
and it took three days for a 2 minute sequence...

i realized i would need a Server to make Bryce movies.

a 64 bit version of bryce would be sooo sweet... http://www.bryceformac.com/

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
    #3264074 - 10/22/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Those are beautiful. I too like the colors you're using.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: Middleman]
    #3266914 - 10/23/04 02:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you all for your compliments.....!   

Desiree, :laugh:  Thank you.....!    :wink:

Jinx: 
Dooood, forget trying to figure out how to "correctly" use the multi replication function....!  For real....  Make a sphere, set the Multi copy amount to 40 or so, and just start putting in random numbers for the rest of the value imputs....  Start off with lower numbers, and pay attention to how the different values you change effect the outcome on screen....  Go thru the value boxes one at a time, and put in a high value, and see what it does on the screen....  Hit undo, and do it again, and again, etc etc....  Keep doing that over and over for a couple of hours or nights, and you will "learn" how it works....  The book is a starting point, but if you really wanna~ understand it, you gotta~ just do it over and over....  It is a VERY good tool to have in Bryce, and especially if you wanna~ do stuff like what I can do....  Maybe you will come up with something even better and different than what I have come up with...?  If you stumble on something cool, write down the values you come up with.... 

Render time:  Full size 5700x3900pix  -  about 2-4 days depending on complexity of model....  Torusses, cylinders, complex volumes, and glass - kill a render time..... 

Computer:  Dual Pentium 866mhz  Kind slow and old now....  Never could figure out a way to make Bryce use 100% of any computer's processor....    Nothing more than 50% utillization....  That sux.....   

I have wondered about rendering an animation, just never spent the time to learn how....  Seems like it would be a lot of work for a short resulting animation, and a lot of computer crunchin time..... 

It would be REALLY cool to make a whole production type high quality film using  ALL of my 3D models...!  Make a full "spaceship" drive thru type of movie...!  Done with really cool music but along the lines of "The Mind's Eye", that would friggin RULE...!  :P  There could be some cool world with mirrored spheres hovering around, and the ship could go into each sphere one at a time and explore for a little while..... 
SSSssssaaaaaaaaWWwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeT.....!      :headbanger:

I have Bryce 3 + 4+ 5 w/Lightning, but prefer to use #3.... 

Thanx~ all...!
ChoW~

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
    #3772297 - 02/12/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Bump...

What I see when I look at them:

Digtal Jellyfish.... (This is a small section from a larger image named "Liquid Sky"....)

looks like marble fingers/toes, with colorful nail polish,,or maybe candy fingers, hard candy fingers with colorful candy stacked on top, beautiful.

Nerve Core....

looks like a waterslide or rollercoaster, that goes on for years and years, maybe forever, "theme park in heaven" I would call it. :thumbup:

Twist of Fate

I see a ceiling, you know how ceilings have those weird design things? thats what i want mine to look like.

ReBorn

i see ocean creatures, so deeb the sun does'nt reach them, so deep under the water they make there own lite, glowing ocean life, pretty.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: JCoke]
    #3772429 - 02/12/05 11:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

BOOO. I was hoping for some dead baby pics or maybe a hanging or two. Next time clarify, "sickest" as "rad" or "gnarly"... ok?

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3772463 - 02/12/05 11:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

HI, I have my artsite at:

http://www.releasethereality.com/mjart.htm

More thatn 300,000 people have looked at my art here for two yeasrm and before that on my site.

|This particular site hosts more than 2400 graphic images I made in Photoshop with KPTS 3,5,6, and 7 and Bryce 3-d.

Here is my fractal Eye of Octopai

and Rattlesnake skin

And this one is called Split Image

mj

btw, very nice work

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: Some of the **SICKEST 3D IMAGES** I have ever seen..... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3773304 - 02/13/05 05:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
Bump...

What I see when I look at them:

Nerve Core....

looks like a waterslide or rollercoaster, that goes on for years and years, maybe forever, "theme park in heaven" I would call it. :thumbup:

I love how you explained this one....!    Now I want to change the name to go with a "1 Year RollerCoaster Ride" theme....  :smile:    Thank you for taking the time, and for the comments....    I will have to update these threads with some new stuff, it has been a while.... 

Hello MJ....!  Out of these three you posted, I like "Eye of Octopai" the best....  The colors are very beautiful, almost have that shiney celophane(sp?) like colors, or shiney "decorative" plastic like you would see at the Hallmark store....  Ya~ know what I mean...?    :smile: 
Your link was broken in your post, it needs the last "l" in the "html"....  I did go to your site from your sig link, man, you post EVERYTHING....!  Lots of nice stuff there for sure.... 

Crazy to think that all this stuff is created by manipulating MATH....  Just Crazy....  And beautiful....  :smile:

Thanx~ for stoppin' by all....!

--------------------

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder