Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKatrina

Casing question (pics included)
    #3252303 - 10/19/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I posted this yesterday, but it was apparently accidently deleted before I could see any responses, so here goes again.

I did these casings on Saturday and saw some stuff coming up the next day, but I patched and now everyday I see new stuff, but don't know if I should keep patching or not and how long it should be before I put these in the fruiting chamber. My incubation container is at optimum conditions. I cased in straight vermiculite. These are my first casings. I know it is hard to see the growth coming through and the vermiculite looks like 2 diff colors, but it is all the same, pics are just screwy. Thanks

Edited by Magash (10/19/04 05:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Casing question (pics included) [Re: Katrina]
    #3252402 - 10/19/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How thick is the casing? Do you keep it covered with aluminum foil?

The usual procedure is to case it, then cover with aluminum foil and leave in a warm place for 3-4 days. Then uncover and place into the fruiting chamber .

I would place those casings into the fruiting chamber now.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3252427 - 10/19/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Only patch once ALWAYS. You need to spread that substrate out as level as possible and case it with a even thickness this will allow for the best chance at an even colonization of the casing even increasing your chances at a no patch casing! (thats a good thing!) Yours look good hopefully you got your casing up to "near saturation" before myc was spotted because nows the time to initiate pinning and you need to leave it alone so nature can work it's magic. :wink: GL and get that into the fruiting chamber ASAP :laugh: May your pins proliferate!

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineKatrina

Re: Casing question (pics included) [Re: hyphae]
    #3252533 - 10/19/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I had no idea it was time to do it now. There are only 7-8 places where it is coming through. I thought there had to be more. I will put it in now. I still don't have my temp up in the fruiting chamber where it should be though, so I hope it don't hurt it. May cakes that are already in there are going real slow. Temps are about 69.

--------------------
Anyone who says size doesn't matter has been seeing too many small shrooms!

OfflineKatrina

#3252541 - 10/19/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Also, yes I do have them covered with foil. Probably about 1/2 inch verm on the bottom and 1/2 to 1 inch on top. Didn't really measure to well, just tried to get real even. I was just kinda experimenting with my last 2 cakes, thought I would try a casing.

--------------------
Anyone who says size doesn't matter has been seeing too many small shrooms!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3252688 - 10/19/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'd really try to get that temp up to 76ish for faster growth but if thats not possible then hold off on fruiting until 20-30% of the casing is evenly colonized. Again GL my friend

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder