Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite
    #324888 - 05/24/01 07:42 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I've known about this for quite some time now. I don't know how common this knowledge is, but I'm going to post it anyway. If you are bored and have at least 25 minutes to kill
and you own a copy of Pink Floyd's album Meddle and a copy of Stanely Kubrick's "2001
A Space Oddessy" then you are in luck. Fast forward the movie to the last sequence
which is entitled "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite". Pause the movie right as this title
screen appears. Put Meddle into your stereo and pause it at the beginning of the track
called Echoes. Turn your TV down all the way and crank up your stereo's volume.
Unpause both at the same time and Echoes will act as a wonderful replacement
soundtrack for the sequence. It works really great. There are many other synchronicities
dealing with Floyd's music and classic movies. I've only personally tried this one and
Darkside with Wizard of Oz. This sight has a whole shit load of interesting Floyd secrets.
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/3528/
Some of them sound like complete bullshit but others are worth looking into. I want to try the WYWH and It's Wonderful Life.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlowerKing
Stranger
Re: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite [Re: Floydian]
    #326124 - 05/26/01 07:36 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, Kubrick cut that sequence to Echoes but decided to go with other music. It works GREAT!

OfflineFloyd_
Stranger

#326250 - 05/26/01 11:59 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I hear about this shit all the time...musicians who write their music to their favorite movie. i personally have never tried well documented cases. I have however noticed that ANY movie muted and played with music goes extremely well. my friends and i have labeled it the DUB EFFECT. Late at night smoke some pot or eat a little bit of schooms and the movie becomes some sort of talking divinity. A few times i've been really weirded out by just how well the music and lyrics go along especially when i know it's not supposed too. After awhile you'll get good at knowing what movies go with what music and their effect. i find that 40's-50's musicalls go extremely with upbeat classical music like johann strauss or tchaivosky (sp?)
newer films go good with regular beat music like pink floyd or my personal dubbing favorite type 0 negative (green man and an old silent film makes you really see how fleeting life is)
but for a real experience get a thinking mans movie like 2001 space oddyssey or even better a commercial free natrue documentary and watch it to something ambient like brian eno - discreet music or shutov assembly. and you'll swear you've just died and are being alowed to see the wonders of the entire universe.
try it sometime, it's teh best thing to do if you can't trip outside (sometimes much more intense)

oh but stay away from anything made in the 80's i find it to be extremely sick...it was an evil decade for some reason
have fun, but respect the teacher.....

"I am the walrus
Goo Goo Goo Joob"

--------------------
Dimensions

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite [Re: Floyd_]
    #327111 - 05/27/01 03:39 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

So it was Stanley Kubrick who made the synch. Where did you here this? Not that i don't believe you its just i've never heard that before and would like to know the source of the information. Oh and Floyd, I've noticed what you call the "dub effect" many times as well. I've definetely noticed it with music played over muted movies/TV like you mentioned. Also, I've found that if you listen to electronic music or any type of music that uses a lot of loops it will synch up really good to images you see as you drive down the street or highway. Especially if you watch the ground right next to the vehicle.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------

Offlinedump19

#327853 - 05/28/01 01:10 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

just figure which one came first the album (1971) or the movie

Never sell the sheep's hide when you can sell the wool

--------------------
Never sell the sheep's hide when you can sell the wool

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
Re: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite [Re: dump19]
    #329322 - 05/29/01 11:31 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

dump19, this is a very good point. I can't believe i didn't think of it before. Kubrick couldn't have done the synch because Meddle was released in 1970 and 2001 came out in like 1967 or 1968. Sorry FlowerKing but what you suggested can't be right.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom