Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliftedonliberty
Stranger

LBM's with white spore print
    #3239275 - 10/10/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey there, 3 quick questions for anyone out there with answers.

1. Collected some LBM's yesterday, look similar to P. semilanceata and P. Pelliculosa, though with a darker brown colour on both the cap and stem. Took several spore prints on both foil and white paper, (dont have any black paper) and the spores are a milky white colour. So whats the best course of action from here? Dispose of them? Or is there any chance they might be of value to me?

2. I am going to be spending about 6.5 weeks in the Philippines, beginning in the end of December. So does anyone have any suggestions on what sort of mushrooms I might look for when I'm there. Mushroom hunting is certainly the least of my priorities on this trip, but i will have plenty of free time and I will likely be in a very rural area with lots of farm land most of the time. Obviously i dont plan on bringing back any specimens, but i thought it might be a good idea to take some spore prints and bring those back with me. So any tips and suggestions on what to keep an eye out for or where to find more info would be appreciated.

3. ( I realize this ? is best suited for one of the cultivation forums, but i just figured i throw it in here as well) I depart for the Philippines on Dec. 29, but I have been thinking about picking up a spore kit and growing some shrooms before I leave. That leaves me with about 2.5 months. Is this an adequate time frame? I could leave my bro in charge of harvesting the shrooms but i dont trust him with much more than that.

Anyways much thanx to any who take the time to read this post, take care. Going for a quick hunt.

How near is the ending? I'm still so high with a violent essence.
I've been experimenting with psilocybe cyanescens

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
Re: LBM's with white spore print [Re: liftedonliberty]
    #3239374 - 10/10/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1. No, if its white, its nothing. To small to be any substantial edible.

2. Maybe cubes grow, it'll be summer there in december correct? Do some research.

3. Yes, 2.5 months is plenty of time for a grow.

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

Offlineliftedonliberty
Stranger

Re: LBM's with white spore print [Re: SweetLeaf]
    #3239886 - 10/10/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey thnx for the response, wasnt expecting one so quick.
Ok for #1, now that I've come back home and had a second look at those spore prints I have to say the ones on white paper now appear to be a very pale, skin-tone type of color. Still garbage? They're the same size as liberty caps and if they're reasonably potent then there is definitly enough of them to get off.

For #2, I was thinking cubes too, I have read the common cubensi found in America orginates from the Philippines and made its way here when the Spaniards brought their brahma bulls along with them. However, I dont believe december is summer, but i will ask my gf tonight. I believe summer doesnt really get going there until march, and they really only have two seasons, summer and rainy/cool season. Now would summer be an ideal time for for cubes? I was there in April 04 and it was defintly summer then.

As for 3, thanx for the info, i think i will pick a kit up pretty quick.

PS. pretty sure i found P. Pelliculosa today, brought some back and getting some prints, going to have my pics developed too, so expect a post in relation to my newest find in a day or two.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3240040 - 10/10/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Active LBMs will have either purple-brown spores (genus Psilocybe) or black spores (genus Panaeolus). The ones you found sound like some species of the genus Mycena. They are inactive.  :frown:

When hunting for active LBMs you can save yourself a lot of time by passing over the ones with white gills and looking for the dark gilled species.

Offlineliftedonliberty
Stranger

Re: LBM's with white spore print [Re: shroomydan]
    #3240143 - 10/10/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

All right, thanx for the info Dan, much appreciated. Im keeping my fingers crossed for positive results on these prints im taking from the possible pelliculosa. I notice many places it is stated that pelliculosa is a mild or a weak mushroom as far as psychoactivity goes. This being said, what would one consider an adequate dosage?

Offlineliftedonliberty
Stranger

#3243407 - 10/11/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just a quick question in regards to Dan's post. He said skip past any lbm's with white gills and look for the dark gilled species. My question is precisely what is meant by dark gilled? Would these be any species with gills darker than white, thus including the tan, brown, orange, etc gilled species? Or should I only focus on those with gills of a black, grey, purple or similarily dark color? And what color should the spore print for pelliculosa be? thnx

Life is morbid and tainted with insane passion.
And your face is a portrait painted in the same fashion.
See, undivided silence made my phobias split.
This life is one sided like a mobius strip.
I've taken many a swing at anything tossed my way.
But thoughts are non-linear like plots on lost highways.

OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
    #3243906 - 10/11/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Write up an id to get the suspect pelliculosa's id'ed, although I think I remeber that they don't grow till late november.

All mushrooms of the psilocybe genus should have a purple-brown spore print as dan said. Reguarding which mushrooms to look at due to gills, don't do that. Do research on the psilocybe you wish to hunt, and learn about its habitat, season, and study pictures of it, then hunt for it, this will get you there much faster.

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies