Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Gymnopilus spectabilis Id??(with pictures)
    #3237807 - 10/09/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

can some one give me all the id info for azures so i dont have to ask for an id later. i have alot of pins from this last rain fall we have growing in the mulch we laid last year in my back yard and they look very much like miniature azures.( im guessing the size is becuase it seems the mycelium is growing only about 1/2 an inche under the chips and the humidity here is low cause its fall in pennsylvania). but if they are azures then im going to cover them with more mulch and some soil and water them to try and get bigger fruits before winter. so this info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

mike

this is the info i need

It is critical that you describe mushrooms fully and accurately in order to get a proper identification.
A good picture of the mushrooms is invaluable.
Along with the pictures (if possible), please include the following:
a. Habitat (where [state/province/country] and what does it grow on) **allready provided**
b. Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
c. Measurements of cap and stem.
d. Characteristics of the stem (color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
e. Characteristics of the cap (color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
f. Spore print color (very important!)
g. Color that the mushroom bruises
h. Scent of mushroom

Edited by phantasm (10/10/04 02:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: Azures Id?? [Re: phantasm]
    #3237809 - 10/09/04 11:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

azures dont grow even close to ur area sorry man

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Azures Id?? [Re: phishhead]
    #3237815 - 10/09/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

well can you tell me what does so i can look around especially anything wood loving cause i have a shit load of mulch and woods

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
    #3237823 - 10/09/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

mushroom info, finding mushrooms, mushroom faq, and then ur state. but the only one really ur gonna wanna look for is ps. caerculipes ( think i spelled it wrong).

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Azures Id?? [Re: phishhead]
    #3237837 - 10/09/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for your help and i seem to have anothe species possibly i will have to see if any more grow. Gymnopilus spectabilis or what looked to be them, growing in a huge clump in my mulch, were eaten by deer today i took pictures of them yesterday and picked on to a print a few days ago and forgot to print it its now cracker dry so that wont help with printing so i hope more grow because all the info on them sounds correct except i dont have a print

thanks for your help

mike

ps if anyone has the above info on this shroom that would be wonderful thanks

--------------------

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
    #3239321 - 10/10/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3239598 - 10/10/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Not Gymnopilus  :frown:

They look sorta like Entolomas, though I have never seen orange entolomas. They are not active shrooms. If you still want an ID we will need a spore print.

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Azures Id?? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3240167 - 10/10/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

okay well i watered the area where all the myc for these fuckers is so hopefully they will sprout up soon if not its supposed to rain in a few days. i just gotta get there before the damn animals thansk for your help :frown: to bad there not active i was sorta hoping. although weird enough i have golden teachers that are starting to come through cause i had a jar that went bad so i discarded the contamn and for fun crumbled the cake under 1.5 inches of the mulch and myc is starting to grow strong under there i also have peurtos and brazillians growing in my compost. dont think ill eat those though but i discarded corn jars that had been contamned cause my freind fucked up the water content so i threw them in the compost and vuala pins everywhere but becuase there was contamn im not sure about eating those ones.

thanks for the help shroomydan using the search on the board it seems you know quite a bit about this species. i just got excited cause it looked like these  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3129365

so yeah ill try and get you that print asap

thanks again

mike

--------------------

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
    #3240189 - 10/10/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i also have a dried one in my room if you want me take a picture of that let me know

no bruising that i can notice

rust colored cap

shrunk alot during drying now only about 1.5 inches across in cap ( it curled up alot) And 1.5 inches in height

gills same color as cap basicly connect to stem

stem starts out rust and lights to a slight tan

cant smell it because its dry and wont dare taste it even jsu tto spit it out

so thats what i have on this dry one but these things might be different on a fresh one

mike

i got the one to print and forgot about it thats why its dry now

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder