Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 44. Why do only a select group like to trip?
    #3233325 - 10/08/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesploogepanz55
zoinks!
Male
Loc: Oregon!
Re: FAQ 37.Why do only a select group like to trip [Re: Rose]
    #3233348 - 10/08/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Some like to open thier mind, some dont.
People who enjoy tripping are eager to see whats inside themselves and what thier subconscious part of thier brain beholds. People who do not like to trip are either afraid of revealing the deep truths, conflicts, thought of thier inner self or are just not interested in it.
Personally, i like to look inside myself and go on a journey with my sub concious, abstract mind. I like to escape the linear, plastic, symmetrical lifestyle to something incredibly abstract and ever-changing.
if that makes sense....
just my opinion on this issue.

--------------------
We can't stop here, this is bat country! -HST

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: FAQ 37.Why do only a select group like to trip [Re: sploogepanz55]
    #3234070 - 10/08/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

some people like to look at all the bad things that has come out of tripping and not decide to do it themselves.

--------------------

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: FAQ 37.Why do only a select group like to trip [Re: aussieone]
    #3234079 - 10/08/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know some people do not like to trip because sometimes tripping causes people to examine their own lives and decisions in the past. Many people in this world try to escape their inner-self and thus do not enjoy mushrooms. Those who embrace their past as a learning experience and look happily towards the future tend to enjoy tripping more.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
Re: FAQ 37.Why do only a select group like to trip [Re: Signo]
    #3234189 - 10/08/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sometimes I just like to munch on a few grams of shroomies to have some fun with pals, and let loose for the weekend, or whenever. Sometimes i like to turn on some music and lay on my bed for hours, with the fan blowin on me, it all just depends. I guess some people who will never try anything like psychedelics are to afraid to lose control or be confronted with something 'bigger' than themselves.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: FAQ 37.Why do only a select group like to trip? [Re: Rose]
    #3234418 - 10/08/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

cervantes...what's your opinion?  you can't get off so easy as to just announce the question.

i'm pretty excited, my buddy was turned off to shrooms and i told him that he should really keep his mind open about trying them.  he insited no.  last night he told me he wanted to get some because he changed his mind....woot woot.

some people are scared of facing what they don't know or understand, these people do not want to expose their minds to a trip.  its too bad because as we all know there is a lot to learn from our fungi friends.  i've always been naturally curious about trying out things like drugs...ever since i've heard of them.  this curiousity has lead me down the mushroom road, as well as other roads :crazy2:.  i feel bad for the people to ignorant and afraid to give their minds a good fucking.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: FAQ 37.Why do only a select group like to trip? [Re: TODAY]
    #3234604 - 10/08/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

most "adults" i know dont like it for a few reasons.
the main excuses i hear are

i dont use DRUGS
i dont want a chemical controling my mind.
shrooms kill brain cells.
god doesnt want want me using things that alter my mind
i dont like not being able to not control what i see or happens.

these are the typical responses i get. of course you can see they all stem from ignorance, not knowledge. most people have a fear of the unknown, and maybe they dont know but they fear their own true selves. some people are afraid to rock their own foundations, no matter how false and far fetched they are. a lot of people think it is just another drug, and all drugs are bad... of course working in a hospital it is very ironic and frustrating to see doctors say weed and shrooms are bad, not knowing a damn thing about them, but be so willing to dope some old people up on morphene.. i say the main reason i think people do not try or attempt is due to social conditioning. say something is bad long enough, even 3000 years of history wont mean shit to the ignorant.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: FAQ 37.Why do only a select group like to trip [Re: TODAY]
    #3235119 - 10/08/04 11:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
cervantes...what's your opinion?  you can't get off so easy as to just announce the question.

Fair enough, I do have an opinion and I always ask for your opinions.

However, I generally like to keep my opinions in the editing room and let others offer their opinions in these threads. It helps me to see how well people understand or think about each topic.

It is more fun. This way, I get to see that many people feel the same way about a subject... or that people haven't really thought much about something. Modern mushroom history... for example.

If I just lecture about what I think, beople who think differently, or perhaps understand something better may feel like keeping their ideas to themselves.

I'd rather the Tripper's FAQ come from to the community's wisdon instead of just my ego.

If you really wish to see my opinions, look in the FAQ thread pinned to the top of this forum.

Ok, ok... to answer your question, why do I think only a select few people like to trip?

Gee...

Good question. :smile:

I think it goes back to a time before language  (Terrance McKenna got me leaning this way).

In the days of tribes, there were chiefs, shamans, midwives and workers... hunters and gathers.

A select few were shamans. Why were they shamans? Were they elected. Did they interview well?

Well, it is impossible to say with certainty.

It is easier to say:

Shamans still walk among us, but we are not all shamans.

Everybody has the potential to be a shaman but not many want to be one.

Some people eat shrooms and see the truth. Others avoid shrooms becaise they fear the truth they think they'll see... or because of the misinformation cast by the war on drugs.

Fair?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3235150 - 10/08/04 11:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Some people are adventurers, some aren't. I like to see what's around the next hill. Very little more than the sky for a blanket, the earth for my bed.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: FAQ 37.Why do only a select group like to trip [Re: JaRRn]
    #3235266 - 10/09/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

We perceive the world with our senses - sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste...Psychadelics change the way our senses operate, sometimes very intensely.  Seeing is usually believing, right?  So when we see something solid start bending on it's own, or colors exploding into patterns on the wall, it can cause some people to lose their grip on their perceived everyday reality...People like to be comfortable, and tripping takes us out of what we are used to and puts us in a very vulnerable place.  It forces us to examine the way we think and live our lives.  It takes away all our preconceptions of what the word "real" means, and that is a very scary concept to people.  There's nothing wrong with that, if you want to stay in your comfortable "normal" world, you are entitled to do so.  For those of us who enjoy psychadelics, we are the ones who believe ignorance is definitely not bliss.  We are constantly questioning eachother and ourselves.  We recognize the immense power inside ourselves, yet we let go of our ego.  We want to dig deeper and not accept our existence at face value.  "We are the great silent majority"  Peace  :mushroom2: :peace:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3236261 - 10/09/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OK, here is my 3-4 cents....

Straight people don't trip because "Drugs are bad and/or illegal" (as stated earlier).... They decide to live on the law of the land, and not investigate on their own what a substance can do for you.... Enough said....

Some people have tripped a few times, and were unedumacated about how much to take, mood, and set/setting, thus making for a intensly bad time....

Some people who smoke weed or get drunk are expecting that tripping will just be "another buzz".... A trip is a very "involved" journey that takes 4-6 hours, and you cannot just sleep it off if you don't like the "buzz"....

Some people just were not born with the "mental stability" or chemistry to handle the deeper reachings of the mind.... It is not a fault, it is just reality.... Just like someone without legs can't run a race....

There is no positive "main stream" education about tripping that is "advertised" in our society, and I think most people just don't know.... As a young child, in school we were pelted with "Drugs are Bad", and "Just say NO", and all drugs are magically lumped into one catagory.... This is what we are TAUGHT.... The bad stigma that drugs have gotten by the negative promotion of the people we are taught to "trust", will make a lot of people programmed into believing that they just are not safe, period.... Sad.... It would be much like putting a little boat in a white water river, without a life vest, or a guide, or knowing how to swim.... Well of course your going to have a bad time...!

The bad stigma that drugs have are only put in the spotlight when something BAD happens.... Then you are told/shown what one person does, and this is what YOU will do if you do "drugs".... Meanwhile, thousands of people are at high risk of having heart attacks because they took Viiox.... Education is always the key to survival.... (ok, I am getting off my box now...!)

ChoW~

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleMyInsanityTrip
Stranger

#3237052 - 10/09/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

IF KA WILLS IT, IT WILL BE SO.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds