Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Police Chief Caught Smoking Pot
    #3225133 - 10/06/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Pa. Police Chief Arrested on Drug Charges
Oct 6, 10:51 PM (ET)

By MARK SCOLFORO

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - A small-town police chief who prosecutors said repeatedly smoked seized marijuana while on duty was arrested on drug possession and other charges Wednesday.

Police Chief Brian S. Cara, of Weatherly, in northeastern Pennsylvania, was released on personal-recognizance bail after his arraignment on charges of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia, obstruction of justice and attempted obstruction.

The state attorney general's office said a grand jury heard evidence that cocaine and marijuana had disappeared from the Carbon County police department's evidence locker since 2002.

Cara, 38, did not immediately return a phone message left at his home. It was unclear whether he was represented by a lawyer. Cara has been suspended with pay since investigators searched his office in August.

Prosecutors said sealed evidence envelopes containing cocaine were discovered opened and emptied, and that at least twice Cara told other officers that missing drugs may have exploded while inside the evidence locker.

Using a hidden video camera, state drug agents on Aug. 2 allegedly observed Cara smoking pot on duty nine times, then numerous other times over the next two days. Prosecutors said Cara was seen filling a pipe with marijuana and then putting it in his breast pocket before going on patrol.

Police officers also recounted drug cases that were not investigated, evidence containers that had been tampered with, and drugs and paraphernalia that turned up in a desk drawer Cara used, the attorney general's office said.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041007/D85IAU980.html

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Police Chief Caught Smoking Pot [Re: Ravus]
    #3225298 - 10/06/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

damn that is so awesome

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#3225402 - 10/06/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prosecutors said sealed evidence envelopes containing cocaine were discovered opened and emptied, and that at least twice Cara told other officers that missing drugs may have exploded while inside the evidence locker.

Damn, that musta been some good shit!

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3226286 - 10/07/04 03:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

and this dude is suspended with pay, good deal.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
    #3226351 - 10/07/04 03:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I suppose he should be taken out and shot.

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police Chief Caught Smoking Pot [Re: AntiMeme]
    #3226400 - 10/07/04 05:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

amen brother.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflinetripUvkryP420
Stranger
    #3238735 - 10/10/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I wish the cops around here smoked, it would be such a nicer community. I could then respectfully call him 'THE chief'! I want to see the videos to check what this guy was smoking out of. Probably not glass! Peace.

OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: Police Chief Caught Smoking Pot [Re: tripUvkryP420]
    #3240061 - 10/10/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I thought cops had to take drug tests.....

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
Re: Police Chief Caught Smoking Pot [Re: Hans_Moleman]
    #3240411 - 10/10/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

They really don't, I've asked alot of cops, and they told me they take one when they get hired adn that's it, and that alot of cops smoke bud and do coke.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Police Chief Caught Smoking Pot [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #3240500 - 10/10/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

master_shake said:
They really don't, I've asked alot of cops, and they told me they take one when they get hired adn that's it, and that alot of cops smoke bud and do coke.

I used to smoke pot with a lot of cops. It was great because you will never get busted while you are with cops.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3242587 - 10/11/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have smoked marijuana with a police officer before.  The same guy later busted a friend of mine with a pipe and herb.  It was some crazy dank herb too.... funny thing is he only got charged for the pipe.  Wonder what he did with the herb :frown:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds