Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Methods for reducing stress?
    #3222247 - 10/06/04 10:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I am extremely stressed - constantly. I work full time and go to school full time. I am always feeling stressed and unfortunately it turns into fustration and anger and I take it out on the wrong people.

I need to find out how to de-stress. My mind is too busy for meditiation. I've tried it and all I do is think about random shit for hours.

I have taken yoga - and enjoy it a lot but it's only offered once a week. I have a lot more stress than that can help with.

I know stress = weight gain. It also harms the whole body besides weight. How can I quiet my mind and relax?

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: Delyrium]
    #3222276 - 10/06/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There is nothing a matter with gaining some weight!  I smoke weed to calm down or I just focus on my breathing, just focusing on your breath breathing deeper and deeper realy focuses the mind and cools my temper. :heart:

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3222282 - 10/06/04 11:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It's important to me :smile:
I don't worry about my weight for other people - I like how I look when I'm thin and in shape. It also really messes w/ any realtionship I'm in because if I don't like how I look - I won't get into any sexual play.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3222310 - 10/06/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I hea ya, me beeing a lil fatty has always happered my go gettingness. But there came a time when I just got to say fuck it and love myself without having to work at it.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3222453 - 10/06/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

meditation :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineKidShelleen
watch thesensations
    #3222558 - 10/06/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yup. Stress is a killer, no doubt about it.

If you want to meditate you can. And meditation is the specific antidote for stress. You do not need to turn off your thoughts to meditate, although that usually happens after awhile. And even if your mind wanders alot and you have to keep bringing it back to your point of concentration, you still get benefit from it. And the benefit grows day by day. Change your life, it will. See if there is a mindfulness/vipassana group in your area. If not, you can get guided meditation tapes to listen to. The guide will help bring you back when you wander. I suggest tapes from Shinzen Young, but there are many others.

Also, regular exercise is great for stress management.

KS

--------------------
"Who would be free themselves must strike the blow" -Lord Byron

OfflineBigNerd
Sociable loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: local elementary school
    #3223189 - 10/06/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The most important factor for me is being willing to let go of the stress.  I'm pretty laid back about most things, but when I get irritated/angry/hurt I sometimes want to hold on to the problems, i.e. "How dare he say that!" or "Let me tell you about THIS!"  But I find that does me no good, only harm.  It's a mental decision to not be stressed.  Much better in the long run than trying to relieve stress physically.

And if all else fails, I'll drive up and give you a nice "massage." :wink:

BigNerd

--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3223537 - 10/06/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If you like yogo I'd go with that. You can get books that have daily yoga routines, or if you need to hear a voice (I know I do or I rush the exercises!) you can get recorded yoga sessions on vhs/dvd/mp3/cassette etc. Stick with what you like. Schedule time every day for you. I like to do a little exercise just after work and before supper, gives me some time to myself.

I could also suggest getting a bunny, or a pet if you don't already have one. Then you HAVE to take time to sit calmly and pet the bunny :smile:

:goodluck:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #3224430 - 10/06/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Meditation here and there will do wonders. Same with marijuana. I don't smoke to get "unstressed", EVER!!! If you smoke with that sort of mentality, it'll become easy to associate drugs with feeling good. Feel good, do drugs, repeat. Reward yourself whenever you accomplish something.

Also change the way you perceive things. Just try to focus on being a little more perky here and there, and before you notice it'll become involuntary.

Little by little I've managed to crawl myself out of a deep depression whole. I've lived with it all my life. A miserable life is no way to live. And if there's anything you can do to make yourself happier, then go for it. It's something you'll be working on all your life so you'd might as well get good at it, eh? :smile:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
    #3224794 - 10/06/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I smoke bongs and bang chicken heads to relieve stress.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #3224821 - 10/06/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I drink coffee and punch people (see avatar).

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3224836 - 10/06/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I also have a full time job and am a full time student. I find that excercise is the best way to reduce stress. The second best way is time management. Set goals for yourself and prioritize your actions. Make a todo list. Also remember that it is your choice to feel stress. Take responsibility and take charge of stress.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: looner2]
    #3224858 - 10/06/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah punching people is a great stress reliever.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #3228402 - 10/07/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

take a nice hot bath everyday and just relax.

Then try to make a little time every week for helping someone or volunteering.  I volunteered at a local community garden which was an awesome stress reducer. Nothing better than digging your fingers into mother earth while helping to create beauty.

Good luck, and don't be too hard on yourself, sweetie! :heart:

P.S. eating healthy food helps with stress and love handles. :smile:  Not that you need to lose anything, you are gorgeous!

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3229365 - 10/07/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i go for walks in the woods, and go swimming with no one around. i find just walking in tshirt and jeans in pissing rain quite relaxing. its liek letting yourself go and jsut letting life be.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3229974 - 10/07/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

take some valium

--------------------
"Where's your will to be weird?" -jimmy morrison

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3230020 - 10/07/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

smoke a joint, listen to some tunes, get a massage, work out

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: gdman]
    #3232015 - 10/08/04 05:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

music is my best stress release. but im still very stressed and about nothing . go figure. do you watch lots of tv? maybe read a book i find that relaxing. but tv stress me out alot.

hope ya find something

later

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineWannasub
Stranger
Loc: South Australia
Re: Methods for reducing stress? [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #3232532 - 10/08/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I get stressed a fair bit and cannot shutoff my mind at night to sleep. I find it easy to go without sleep for two days or even run off 2 hours of sleep per night for a couple of weeks. I am a night owl, but stress doesn't help. Drugs are not the answer to stress relief, particularly cannabis and benzodiazepines...I've tried that and they are only very temporary solutions. Exercise is supposed to be great, although I haven't taken that road. Sex is great stress relief, I find. Also, someone has said change your perception, and I think that is great if it can be done easily.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3233659 - 10/08/04 03:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

do some sports, it can really clear your mind.

for example mountainbiking. it must be something you can fully give yourself to while at it. just pick something you like or always wanted to do. Maybe it's not 1st time you try it = instant stress release. but after a few times when you get the feel/groove of it it'll work. I priomice.

things like dancing, making music or other creative things should also work for what you want.
I hope this helps :sun:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies