Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechambers
Stranger
CAPS ALL TURNING GREEN PLZ HELP!!
    #3220271 - 10/05/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have read in the contamination forum of people having a greenhish hue to their mushroom caps and responses have tended to state this is bruising. 90% of my dads friends roomates harvested mushie caps are turning green and cracked as well as turning upwards splitting and getting darker while drying. these same mushies have this same greenish color on the insided of stem and under the cap when thin top layer of cap is gently ripped off. They are not slimy and do not seem to smell bad and no contams have been present on casings or in bags. you can almost see the outer rim of the mushies as they mature start to get the greenish hue before even picked otherwise they look perfectly healthy pre-harvest. I know from my reseach on this forum that this is probably normal but i cant help but wonder why they are all getting green like that it just doesnt look normal or right plz help settle my uneasy mind or give me the bad news. sorry no pics peoples, i hope my description is good enough thx in advance for all help/advice

Edited by chambers (10/05/04 09:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiamgod
just some dudesome where

Loc: Crooklyn, New York
Re: CAPS ALL TURNING GREEN PLZ HELP!! [Re: chambers]
    #3221843 - 10/06/04 07:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It could be bruising from handling. Sometime when the caps are big they tend to crack open when drying for me because of different parts of the cap drying at different speeds. If the bruising is faint it may appear to be greenish.

Unless you can actually rub the green off as a powdery covering then it probably isnt a contam. I wouldn't worry unless you could see it actually covering the flesh and moving around and smelling up the place.

--------------------
If what you seek is truth then drugs can not offer truth. Drugs can offer the truth of drugs.......Altered states. Truth is not an altered state of mind. ~ Big Headed Nice Guy Who Loves You And Your Dog

http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: CAPS ALL TURNING GREEN PLZ HELP!! [Re: chambers]
    #3222878 - 10/06/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A pic would help, but i really think that's just bruising .

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder